Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
Overall: 4 3/4 stars

Originality: 5 stars

Coin operated pinball machines have been around at least from the early-20th century, but computer pinball games only date back to the 1980s (anyone remember the Pinball Construction Set that let you design your own pinball table?). They've come a long way, as evidenced by Pinball HD from Gameprom. Pinball HD leaves physical pinball machines in the dust, with all of its special features and advanced graphics. It's not just another pinball app, this one sets a new standard for pinball games. Period.

Game Play: 4 3/4 stars

Game play is very simple. When the ball appears, slide the plunger back and release, sending the ball on its way. Tapping the sides of the screen operates the flippers.

Pinball HD has the most lavish advanced graphics that I've seen in any tablet pinball app to date. Frankly, the app is worth downloading just to see the fabulous hi-res graphics, even if you hate pinball. There's a great 3-D effect produced by the constantly changing view and the viewer perspective. If you have 3-D glasses, you can set-up the graphics to give a true 3-D view, but I didn't try this.

There are three different tables: Wild West, The Deep, and Jungle Style. Each table is loaded with all kinds of ramps, switches, gates, stoppers, spinners, rollovers, bumpers, targets, kickers, and other features familiar to pinball players. There are even special challenges, such as the "Kill Dirty Harry" mini-game on the Wild West table.

I'm only giving Pinball HD 4 3/4 stars for Game Play because of some minor annoyances:

* The Settings allow you to turn off the music and voices, but even with these turned off, you still hear the sounds of the ball rolling and bouncing, and the clacking sounds of the flippers. If you're playing around other people and don't want to annoy them, you have to turn off the tablet's speakers.

* You never see the entire table in one view. After playing a few times, I got used to the continually changing view and perspective, but I would like to have had an option to see a conventional top-down view of the entire table.

Pinball HD uses OpenFeint to post high scores to a leaderboard if you're signed up for it.

Replayability: 5 stars

With three different tables and so many scoring opportunities on each table, a dedicated pinball player should never become bored with Pinball HD.
on April 18, 2013
What you're buying is a nice little time-killer that is highly entertaining and, if you're like me who loves pinball and is bummed by the fact that no one makes them anymore, you will love this game.

There's three tables to play, one easy (easy in the sense that it's fairly straightforward, one or two ramps, no convoluted table setup, etc.), one medium and one hard. The themes go from the Wild West, the ocean, and the jungle. There's not much to say except that it's what you should expect from a good pinball app: good graphics, good physics, paddles that are responsive and have good timing with the touch screen.

This game is currently my addiction!
on February 22, 2013
Works very well, (not excellent at all times) ball physics are great, flying camera views were quite strange at first, but actually is a great idea! Camera view changes on multi-ball to let you see the whole table, which is a great idea. Great fun, I have had it lock up a couple of times, and had to do a "force stop", (don't select "clear data" with your app manager or you will lose all of your high scores.) Overall I would definitely recommend it. Three tables are on this game, two are very well designed, one is OK, not great. As I mentioned, the ball behaves like a real pinball, the sounds are great as well. Very well designed game with one table that is not well-designed, but well worth it for the other two tables that are excellent!!
on January 23, 2013
Purchased this today for my Kindle Fire HD and tried playing. Two of the three tables were great. On the Wild West table, however, the ball bounces around as if the table is being shaken, however I am not shaking it. It is to the point that I cannot launch the ball to play the game. This happened within the first 5 minutes on trying to play after purchasing the game.

I have contacted support and hope they respond. We will see.
on March 11, 2013
The graphics on this game are straight on. You can also change views from several perspectives (a roaming - following the ball view, a flat table view, and a view from the end of the table perspective). The first time I uploaded it, it would freeze (very rarely), or the ball would get stuck (just like on a real machine, but you could shake it out with a real machine). I had to re-upload a second time due to Kindle problems, and the second time it had major freezing and screen problems. This was remedied simply by deleting from the Kindle and uploading again. Still occasionally (again, very rarely) having the first issues though. A well spent couple of bucks. Nevermind that there are only three games, I only play one regularly anyway... and can't stop playing it! :)
on December 29, 2013
Especially if you grew up on playing pinball every chance you got like I did. My favorite tables are the "deep blue sea" and "wild west." The "jungle" table is alright but it has a "bug" in it and the game gets stuck a lot and you have to start over. Needless to say I don't play that one too often.
on March 11, 2012
I purchased this game after reading all the good reviews on it- unfortunately, it would never completely download on my Samsung Galaxy 7 tablet. Calls to Amazon Tech Support failed to resolve the issue, so they said they would contact the developers- and get back to me.
About a week later, I got the following response from Amazon: "I am sorry for the delay at this time our developer have confirm that the application "Pinball HD" is only compatible with tablets only and is not compatible with your device at this time."
Huh??? My tablet is, indeed a tablet!! A response like that is idiotic. It is a Samsung Galaxy 7 Android TABLET!
on March 3, 2012
I bought 3 pinball games when I first bought my kindle, and needless to say 2 of them were a complete waste of money because this app, Pinball HD is by far the best. Fun, interactive tables make you feel like you are really on a pinball machine than a tablet. Each of the 3 levels has multiple goals and they are all spectacular. Would love to see them add more tables in the future. I would easily pay .99 for every additional table (so long as the quality remained top notch)
on January 11, 2013
I haven't played a good computer pinball game since the ProPinball series (especially The Web). The graphics are detailed and fluid, this last update removes the defunct Openfeint integration and fixes graphic anomalies from those playing on Jellybean.

I don't think I'll be getting another pinball app any time soon, this one is that good.

Peace.
on January 2, 2012
My wife spotted Pinball HD when she was looking for some new games for her Kindle Fire, and she told me I should check it out.

Seeing as mobile games come in at under a few bucks a pop, I generally am willing to download just about anything to give it a try if it even looks remotely decent.

Pinball HD definitely looked decent. So I figured what the heck.

Upon starting to play, it quickly became evident that this is the real deal pinball simulator. It controls very well, and I love how the ball definitely feels like a real ball...basically, the physics of it seem to be just about spot on. I have yet to encounter anything in my play time that made me think "wait a minute, a ball wouldn't do that in real life."

It's very easy to play. You simply tap on the side of the screen that you want to use the flipper on, and the flipper moves.

The graphics are top notch, and so are the sound effects. It looks simply amazing on the Kindle Fire.

The production values are also very high. You get a great virtual tour of the board, but oddly, it happens AFTER you play the board. The menu is pretty bare bones, but it works just fine and lets you easily pick which machine you want to play.

If there is ANY downside at all to this game it would be the fact that there are only three machines available at the start. For the price, however, I simply can't justify letting this actually affect my opinion of the game. I would like to see more tables available in the future, and I would gladly pay for them to add into this app.

Overall, a very high quality app at a very appealing price.