Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Gamevice Controller for IPhone 6/7 and 6/7 Plus” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 15% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Gamevice Controller for IPhone 6/7 and 6/7 Plus
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Legit Console Control - Dual Analog Sticks, Sturdy Twin Triggers, The Classic D-Pad and a button layout you've been using for years
- Transforms your iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 6 or 6 Plus into the most powerful gaming handheld in the world
- Over 850 compatible games and growing!
- Check out the free Gamevice Live app for all of the known controller-compatible games available on iTunes, with options to filter by category including free or paid titles.
- Made for iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 6 Plus
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Gamevice is more than an accessory. It is a device with the power to revolutionize the way we game, transforming your iOS device into the most powerful handheld gaming experience in history. Until now, mobile gaming has remained in the shadow of console gaming. In part due to the poor specifications and limited titles available on dedicated gaming devices such as the PSP, and in part due to the limitations of touchscreen control when playing console-level titles on a mobile iOS device. By harnessing the full power of an iPad, combined with intuitive and familiar d-pad and button type controls, Gamevice creates an entirely new gaming experience. It allows for console-level gaming anytime, anywhere. Any true gamer will know that the proof is in the titles on offer. Via the immersive Gamevice Live app, Gamevice will connect you to over 650 (and growing) compatible games, including favorite console titles such as BioShock, Grand Theft Auto, HALO, FIFA 15 and Call of Duty. The future of gaming is here. Hold on tight.
Top Customer Reviews
Originally, I thought I just got a bad controller, so I exchanged it at the store (I bought it from an Apple Store), but the replacement has the same problem.
I contacted Gamevice and it took them 4 days to respond but they have indicated they will replace it. I'm hoping these were just a bad batch run or something, because I'd really like to use this controller. I'll update this review once I get the replacement from Gamevice.
- There's no battery to charge or maintain. While it does use your iPhone battery, I've not noticed any real drain.
- Easy to attach and no need to pair with the phone. Just clip it on and play.
- The phone sits between the controls, makes it feel like a Nintendo Switch. I personally like this better than the phone sitting above the controllers.
- The Analog sticks are accurate, sensitive and generally awesome. I like them better than any I've used before (including even the PS4 controller).
- D-pad is accurate. This sounds obvious, but the d-pad has frequently been an issue with other controllers.
- Separate headphone jack... useful for iPhone 7/7+ when you want to use a regular headphone sans adapter.
- Uses a Lightning port for pass-though charging. Saves me from carrying a separate cable.
- One of the most portable controllers I've used. Gamevice shows them stacked and they attach to each other via magnets. However, you can also easily store them side-by-side so they don't bulge in a bag. Really big plus for me as all other controllers have always been too bulky.
- As mentioned above, the L/R buttons don't work properly. Something I should add is the ABXY buttons actually have the same problem but only barely. It's possible to press the button down without triggering it but you really have to try (press very lightly). In practice, it doesn't pose a problem to me. I had to explicitly test the buttons to notice. I never noticed an issue with the ABXY buttons while gaming.
- You can't use a case with the controller. If you have one, you'll have to take it off before you use it. Not a biggie to me, but if you have a case that's difficult to remove/attach, it could be an issue.
- The lightning port does not transmit audio. If you bought an iPhone 7, you got lightning headphones. You won't be able to use those with this controller. You either have to use BT or a regular headphone jack. Not a big deal in my book, but you should know the limitation.
- This will fit the current generation iPhones (from 6 to 7+). It probably won't fix the next generation.
I really want to use this controller. It's pretty much everything I want in an iPhone controller. If the issues with the LR buttons are fixed, this would be the perfect controller and I would have no problems giving it 5 stars.
** UPDATE **
I got the replacement controller from Gamevice. While it does have the same problem with the L/R buttons, I will say that it's not as bad as the original. I do believe that the problem is a result of design decisions Gamevice made. It appears that they're using the same pressure sensitive buttons on the L/R paddles as they did on the ABXY buttons. This makes the paddles less of a paddle and more of a pressure button. Most other controllers have Paddles that are analog through the motion, meaning they register the full range of motion of the paddle. The Gamevice paddles only register pressure. This makes the paddles harder to use. However, I have learned that if I press the button on the inside tip of the paddle, it's much easier to get it to register. It appears the "button" is on the inside of the paddle.
Despite the issues I have with the paddles, I find myself using this controller more than any other. For one, the analog sticks are awesome. I have a hard time using other controllers now with sub-par sticks. And the controller is very convenient. No battery, no pairing, no wires. Just plug it in and play. For that reason, I'm giving it 4 stars. Wish I could give it 5 stars but the paddle issue is too much to ignore.