Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 225 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 266 reviews
Enthusiast: Board Gameson July 16, 2017
My 2nd son loves pirate games so I thought we would give it a try. We are at the stage in gaming with my family that we need small quick games that are easily to learn, fun, lots of replayability, & not too long. Loot checks every box on this list.

First time we played the game it took about 5 -10 minutes to learn & ended before we knew it. My oldest son had beaten us badly & everyone was ready to play again. Lots of game in the box with lots of different strategies depending on what cards you get in your hand. It is fast-paced & you are always paying attention. It is a take-that game, so if you feel guilty taking other people's points or merchant ships (how you collect coins in this game) then this game is going to be tough for you. My boys loved it & it is going to be a staple at our house. It is a great game to take with you to restaurants or just need a quick game fix.

Quick, fun, hilarious, easy to learn, hard to master, great team game, & addictive. Everything that you need in a small box game!
on November 29, 2016
This is a competitive fun game that's easy to learn. My daughter who has Down syndrome can play it, but yet it is challenging for all of the family. We play it often. We've been playing it for years. This one is a gift for someone who has played it at our house before and loved it.
on July 6, 2012
This has become one of my favorite games because it has a little of all of the classic game points: Direct battle, a little greed, strategy, risk, blind luck (or fate), and it requires you to pay attention to what others are doing or have done. And of course, there's pirates involved, so half a star just for that!
I've had this for almost 6 years now, usually going as a two-player game. Recently we did a 4-player game and that complicated it to the point that I felt my brain was melting from the complications of having multiple merchant ships in play and trying to figure who had done what, and what could or needed to be done to stop some ships from getting away, all the while deciding what MY best strategy would be.
Personally I love such complication, and I could tell that our group was fully invested in the gamble and the concentration afoot. We played it four times through and I think we were all mentally exhausted by the end! For that reason I'd have to agree that age 10 would be the low limit, because perhaps anyone younger would lose alot, and get frustrated with the game. On the other end of elderly, this game is great for anyone of any age who likes to warm up their noodle with all the aforementioned game points.
As a two player game there's a bigger tendency to gather cards longer, and only get to serious business when you have a serious arsenal amassed. But the 4-player version sure changed it up, when you realize that opportunities are precious to recognize, as others draw cards and the deck disappears. Perhaps a 3-player game would be the most fun, to trim down the hyper-urgency and complication that 4 players brings. Regardless, it really satisfies as a balance between fate and strategy, and well done for being just a deck of cards; no board, pawns or dice required.
The art is great, the cardstock strong, my only complaint is that the blue and the green suits are too similar in tone/saturation, so it's a little annoying to have to focus on that concern. The 4 color suits are: gold, green, blue and purple; they could have been separated more distinctly.
As someone else had mentioned, maybe it might be worth to try allowing TWO actions per turn; especially in a two player game it might make things more interesting, if not just speed it up. Yet it certainly doesn't need to be sped up because game duration seems just right. Time was the worst pirate in the 4-player games!
I don't review much but I just love this card game. I recommend it to everyone I know, and it's worth taking the time to grasp the complication implications of multiple merchant ships on the table. It's a great example of simple mechanics with exceptional possibility and variation each game, and the right amount of having to think in order to win. For such a trim combination, 4.5 stars.
on April 13, 2017
I really like Loot. It's a quick, fast paced, constantly changing strategy card game that is easy to learn and can be played in 10 minutes or play multiple rounds for hours of fun. I've owned it 2 different times, definitely a good one for any game cabinet.
on December 13, 2016
This is a game that our whole family enjoys. It uses strategy and competition and luck to fill a good half-hour of time. My child was 6 when we started playing and it took her a few games to really understand the strategy component, but a few games later, she was winning her fair share of games. It's not much fun for 2 players, you're better off with at least 3. Overall, you can't beat the value for the price.
on June 19, 2017
Easy to learn, fun for everyone; grandma to grandkids. It's hard to put your finger exactly on its appeal, but it is, as simply put as I can: fun.
The only gripe is that two of the card symbol colors are very difficult to tell apart without bright light and my colorblind son in law cannot play at all....
on August 1, 2017
This game is really fun and a nice, quick play for something easy to do. The rules make it *sound* kind of complicated, but once you start playing you see that it's really simple. I love all the Gamewright games I've tried so far, and this one did not disappoint. Excellent choice.
on July 28, 2017
BOUGHT THIS GAME FOR THE GRANDKIDS AND THEY LOVE IT. EVERY TIME I PLAY, THEY BEAT ME SO, I WILL STICK TO MY PC. THEY SAID THIS IS THEIR FAVORITE GAME. WELL MADE GAME, STURDY CARDS AND GREAT COLOR.
on May 14, 2017
Great game for kids, easy to learn. There is some element of strategy involved, but easily played by children 8 and up. Also fun for adults -- you won't feel like you are playing "down" to the kids' level. The game is quick to set up and put away -- just cards. This game designer has come up with lots of other good games, so keep an eye out for Gamewright games.
on August 9, 2017
Got this to play with grandkids. It's OK, but not very exciting. They seldom ask to play but we work it in from time to time. They much prefer Five Crowns or UNO.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.