Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 261-270 of 1,137 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,264 reviews
on June 11, 2014
My daughter loves these at four, it's a great toy for in the car. I'll hand her a cube and ask her to tell me what the pictures are and to tell me a little story about the things on the cube. At four, they're pretty primitive stories, and mostly just finding ways to string the words together, but she has fun and it gets her working on telling a narrative.
on May 9, 2014
I purchased these story cubes as a gift for a grandchild, and when she outgrew them her mother moved them on to her classroom supply chest where they were enjoyed by many other kids in the middle elementary school grades. The cubes are an old teaching idea made easy and portable with these cubes. They are a good item to take camping or as a gift for a kid in the hospital.
on October 12, 2012
Purchased this to help my 9 year old with his creativity and for summer fun. 3 months later he is still asking for it every night and it has enhanced our bedtime ritual and provided a strong family tradition and bonding. We take turns rolling each night to come up with the story for the night. I can honestly say that my impromptu story telling ability as well as his has vastly improved as each night is a different roll. Even the 3 and 4 year old have taken a turn at telling stories and loves it. The 9 year old is deeply disappointed if we don't have time for "story cube" due to other activities before bed. Great simple concept that continues to provide great enjoyment. Highly recommend as it provides family interaction, creativity and gets them away from the video games. Great wholesome fun!
on November 22, 2013
Rory story cubes are great and can be used as a game as well as a learning tool. I bought them for myself. I am a writer. therefore, I bought the cubes to help clear writers block. The cubes are great and can be used in any capacity. Educators can use them to encourage writing, speech teachers can use them to encourage speech and language. Parents can use them to enhance children learning and creative thinking...this is a simple game, but hold a lot of value and creativity.
on December 15, 2013
My seven year old thought this was a lot of fun for a few days, but then like many toys and games it just got put aside and forgotten. This is not a complaint against the product really; if we wanted to keep playing we certainly could. (And it takes very little room compared to most of your old junk.)

It might help to have more cubes with more pictures, because after a while you are seeing the same things just in slightly different combinations.
on September 12, 2012
These activity cubes are fantastic. The nine, six sided dice give us enough variety to "play" endlessly. While not technically a game, this allows for everyone in the family to join in the fun, and no one ever "loses." It encourages a bit of team cooperation and a lot of creative story telling. I think it perfectly accommodates pre-readers and allows them stretch their creative communication. Easy, flexible, fun activity that we can customize to fit our time and space needs.
The box (which cleverly looks like a tiny hard bound book) is small and strong enough enough to easily fit into a travel bag, and stays snuggly closed with a small magnetic catch. The cubes are chunky and very sturdy.
Looking forward to many years of fun and silly family story time, as well as a lot of road trip story telling.
on January 5, 2015
What a fun game! Got it for my 6 year old daughter to expand her imagination even further than what she already thinks up. She loves playing it, and so do my husband and I. There is a ton of laughter that comes out of this game. Highly recommend!
on January 3, 2012
This game is great for all ages. It makes a great travel game, fits anywhere and plays in any amount of time. Kids love it, and so do adults. Pack this in the minivan on the trip to grandma's house, or in the carry-on bag for a fight. In the short time we've had this I already learned two lessons: put a rubber band around the flip-open carrying case, which keeps it more secure in your bag, and keep your eye on the dice because they like to roll (and today's minivans have more nooks and crannies than you can imagine!) The rules are super simple and fortunately the game would play OK with one or more missing dice, but we've been lucky and haven't lost any yet. At this low price I wouldn't feel too bad about having to buy another set. This game is fun in almost any environment, and takes way less space to play than beer pong so it could also be a lot of fun on a college campus. Back to family matters: this will make a great stocking-stuffer next year for aunts and uncles. I can see why it was one of last year's hottest toys.
on December 26, 2013
Story cubes are a great educational game, that kids don't realize are educational! As an educator, I love to use these as a warm-up for creative writing activities. As a mom, I love that my kids get crazy imagining stories. I even love to play. You can add the other story cubes for even more wacky fun!!!! Great to play anywhere (in the car, on a plane, rainy days during vacations) with any ages (5 to 105). Everyone will be laughing!!!!!
on July 19, 2014
Great idea...lots of fun and educational. Nine year old loves it creating off-the-wall stories as well as plausible ones. Ten year old says you have to think really hard to keep coming up with stories. They played for about an hour each time, laughing and enjoying a grand time! They invited adults to play the game, too!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.