Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 13, 2010
I can't believe no one has reviewed these yet. Rory's Story Cubes are a fantastic toy/educational activity. Roll the dice, and create a story on your own, inspired by the images. Or create a cooperative story, with everyone adding to it. Add competitive elements, time limits, or points for using the most dice in your story. There are no limits to using these dice. The more you use them, play with them, and learn from them, the more ideas you will have for their use. The dice are also very well crafted and are a good size. You can also go to storycubes dot com to read other ideas for how to use the cubes, and to read some stories others have come up with. Kids of all ages can play! Parents, too!
677 helpful votes
678 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on September 29, 2016
Fun time killer for long car drives. We have added this to our bundle of road trip games. The dice all have various pictures on them. each person takes turns coming up with a story using the face up sides of the dice that are rolled. We have heard some pretty rediculous and creative stories. Fun game to add to the road trip mix.
on May 18, 2017
I bought two sets of these for my 5th grade classroom and am considering ordering another set. Sometimes I use these with the whole group and other times I will give a set to a small group and have them come up with their own story. There are enough cubes in the set to easily divide into 3 sets. These have been well used and look just as good as when I purchased them! Great creative writing starter or oral story work.
VINE VOICEon September 13, 2014
I read an interview with Stephen King once where he recounted his favorite game growing up. It was called "Finish the Story" and involved a group of children taking turns, incrementally inventing a story in short segments. I also enjoyed playing this game as a kid and with my own children, but it has occasionally fallen flat with larger groups unaccustomed to the game. This little bag of "story cubes" and a 60 second timer fixes all of that by providing a pictographic idea (and a time limit). These are always in the car for family reunions, or in my pack on group camping trips. I've yet to be disappointed in the progress of a game since discovering these magical cubes.
on July 14, 2014
I bought these for my 6-year old. He had played with these at school, and was really excited that I bought them. They're great for encouraging funny story telling skills and teaching plot sequence and character creation. They're also fun for adults as well. The great thing is there are literally tens of thousands of die roll combinations, so every story will be unique. There are expansion packs you can buy inexpensively, but this starter pack is a great start. Each die has 6 images, so you can use them to interpret however you choose, whether it's a theme, a character or object in the story, or an action related to the image, or part of the plot. Great quick travel fun.
on August 25, 2015
Once i'd read all the bedtime stories, and looked with dismay at the possibility of reading Alexander's Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day for the 12th time (a great book, the first 10 times...), I broke these puppies out. A roll of the dice, a bit of ordering and a poll for theming, and off I went. My daughters (aged 7 and 11) were rapt with attention, looking down at the dice as the story I was telling revealed the secret behind each symbol. I usually spend 5 - 10 minutes reading, but spent 30 telling that story, and the time flew. My daughters loved it, and they still talk about that story, even though we've had several sessions since.

This is a magical item. It makes you a hero to your kids as you weave a tale crafted just for them. It helps them tell their own stories, adding just that little bit of inspiration to help them along.
on December 6, 2011
My son is in the first grade and his school places a heavy emphasis on creative writing, yes even in the first grade. He has shown difficulty in coming up with new and different ideas for his journaling. I found these dice on amazon and thought they would be the perfect way to help. There are nine dies that each have a different image on them. Admittedly, some of the images are kind of random...for example one is a letter L in a block. My kids don't really know what to do with that one. But even my 3 year old daughter has a blast playing this game. I keep this case in my purse and bring it out when we go out to eat. It's the perfect way to fill the time before our dinner comes withing resorting to appetizer munching.

I noticed that they are coming out with a second set of dice - action. I plan on getting these to supplement the first box. Can't wait! Rory's Story Cubes - Actions
on April 23, 2016
I have never played this game before until I ordered it and I am impressed with it. It is so much fun to roll the dice and create your own story line. And the fun part is how each story is created all based on the roll of the dice! I love this game!!! The pictures on each face of the dice is clear to understand so it makes storytelling even more fun with friends and family. The more the game is played and understood, the more experience everyone will get with it and the storytelling will get better, more fun, and improve! If you have your kids, nieces or nephews around that are younger, try playing this game with them and I promise you the laughs will go on for hours. You can even have an adult session playing this game if you choose to so imagine what those stories will be like! That is also fun. If you do not have this game in your collection I highly recommend you add it. I have a friend overseas who teaches kids everyday and I am purchasing this game for him to send as a gift for his kids. Have fun telling cool stories!
on January 11, 2013
I purchased this for my 7 year old daughter over a year ago. We got it out and tried to play it two times. I thought we were a rather imaginative family but this game has me thinking otherwise! I had high hopes based on the excellent reviews, however it just wasn't fun for any of us.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on December 26, 2010
This gift was a hit with 11, 14 and 15 year old boys. They got into it. Don't know how long it could be played and still be entertaining but it the boys didn't want to quit the night they got it. It would be a good car game for long drives and an occasional game on nights you want to pull them away from video games.
59 helpful votes
60 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.