- Product Dimensions: 48.8 x 6 x 2.5 inches ; 7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 7.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0024XEXQS
- Item model number: 6110072154
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,289 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,719 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Gamo Whisper Silent Cat Air Rifle
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Caliber: .177
- Velocity: 1200 feet per second with PBA
- Skeleton stock
- Scope: 4x32 air rifle scope with rings
- One year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This new model will change the way you think about hunting with airguns. Offering 1200fps with PBA or 1000fps with standard lead, your sure to be ready for the elements. The non-removable noise dampener reduces the noise by up to 52%.
The GAMO Silent Cat Air Rifle with 4X32 Scope, Mounts and PBA Ammunition will change the way you think about hunting with air guns. This high-powered adult air gun is ideal for small game hunting and pest control. The non-removable noise dampener reduces noise by up to 52%. The velocity is an impressive 1,200 feet per second with PBA ammunition or 1,000 feet per second with 0.177 caliber match-grade lead bullets. Made of durable all-weather black synthetic stock, you can take this tough, single shot air rifle out in any kind of weather. It also has a ventilated rubber pad for recoil absorption. It features a manual trigger safety and automatic cocking safety system and has a base for mounting the 4x32 rifle scope.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Legal DisclaimerYOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO BUY ANY AIR GUN OR AIR RIFLE IN OUR STORE. We do NOT and can NOT ship airguns or bb guns to New York City and its boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, these zip codes are: 100xx-104xx, 110xx, 112xx-114xx, 116xx), the city of Philadelphia, PA and Washington DC. Residents of Chicago, IL cannot buy CO2 powered rifles, pistols or revolvers directly from us. Residents of New Jersey can buy bb guns through a designated local gun store after acquiring an Airgun Permit. Residents of Michigan may purchase any pellet gun except for pellet guns or BB guns measuring 30 inches or less (overall length). Adult signature will be required by the shipping carrier for all shipments that contain: air guns, airsoft guns, paintball guns or blank guns.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Nice power with very little recoil (but don't be fooled and expect none)
2. The loading is very easy
3. Once the sights were zeroed in (I did both the open and the scope), this gun is a nice, consistent tack driver. I am attaching two photos of shooting at different three inch targets between 15 & 20 yards (sorry about the use of Amazon boxes, but they were the most plentiful).
4. The gun is lightweight but does not feel cheap.
5. The gun is considerably quieter than its equivalent powered air gun without the built in suppressor.
1. The break is pretty stiff. However, my 12 year old daughter and 70 year old father-in-law could handle it.
2. The scope lens covers have weak elastic cord for connecting them for the fit to protect the lenses.
3. The scope is hard to get to focus, but once focused, the locking ring works well.
4. It took a while to sight in the scope (I can usually pull it off in no more than six--10 shots, but it took nearly 20)
All of the bad are not very bad and are easily worked around to enjoy good use.
There was nothing that fit in this category.
Secondly, this rifle is light weight and easy to cock back and load. Not as quiet as advertised, but so what? It's a pellet gun!
And lastly, this beast has power enough to thrust a pellet through plywood like a nail through butter. Meisterkugeln for accuracy, Beeman for power. Great buy and awsome addition to my pest control collection. Have fun boys!
The suppressor does NOT quiet down the shot when using the PBA ammo, which gives Muzzle Velocities of 1280-1330fps, jumping into supersonic. With PBA ammo, a report like a ladyfinger firecracker going off is heard due to the "mini sonic boom" of the projectile. The suppressor DOES protect the muzzle, which is a good enough reason to get this model. The last 1mm of barrel effects accuracy more than the rest of the length! The muzzle crown (where the pellet exits), must be cut perfectly at 90 degrees with no nicks or dings so the air pushing the pellet exits uniformly.
I have a Gamo Big Cat, and an RWS, the Big Cat is .177, and it is quite a bit louder than the Silent Cat, about 50-80 fps slower from the muzzle (may just be the gun, not sure without more tests). The Big Cat is noticeably louder than the Silent Cat when it comes to game downrange. The RWS is about the same loudness as the silent cat, but it is pushing a .22 cal pellet weighing 3x as much at only 800fps.
The bundled scope is solid, good eye relief, the only minor issue is in bright light, the VERY bright fiber dots on the iron sights "wash" into the scope slightly.
The BIGGEST feature of this rifle, the reason I bought it, is the skeleton stock. It allows for the same grip as a thumb-hole stock on a 10/22, or the grip on an AR rifle or most handguns. This comfort feature alone has increased accuracy and quicker muzzle on target.
1) Length of 2 stage trigger is adjustable, but the weight isn't. I wish it was the other way around.
2) NOT related to the air rifle, but to Gamo Pellets. They cost the same as premium pellets, but have the accuracy of popular "$5 for 500" pellets. If a rifle doesn't seem to be accurate, try shooting Polymag or similar True Match pellets! For every day plinking, using any 8 grain pellet will hit close to the point of aim, and for a lot cheaper!
** With regards to accuracy, If you MUST have first shot hits, splurge and get machined pellets. I am in love with Polymag Predator Pellets, they group "same hole" for me at 20yds. The Gamo "red tip" pellets, which LOOK VERY simliar to the polymag, but have casting marks and extrusions down the skirt, tend group at about 1/2" at the same distance the premium pellets go practically in the same hole. Velocity for both is close, with the polymag being a bit faster and more stable.
Overall - You will Not Regret getting one of these, whether for hobby target or hunting small game out to 50 yards!
Most Recent Customer Reviews