Gantz Season 1 Box Set
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
(Feb 21, 2006)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- All 13 episodes from the first season
Top Customer Reviews
Although it is the thoughts of the main character Kei who we hear it is difficult to call him a "hero" as he is so self-absorbed. His thoughts are filled with apathy at the world around him and the people in it. He does not want to get involved with anything or anybody and only helps others when he is forced to by others, by his own guilt, or if he thinks he has something to gain from the situation. His main motivations always seem to be lust-filled and he is constantly mentally undressing his female companions. However, by equal turns he is a very likable character and has refreshingly honest feelings. He friend on the other hand is our moral compass - he goes out of his way to help others and empathizes with the people around him.
These two contradicting old friends find themselves forced together again when the strange Gantz machine supplies them with weapons and orders them to kill an alien.Read more ›
Ideas (certainly not comprehensive):
1) What happens after you die could be Heaven or Hell, could be nothing, or it could be something else entirely that no one has considered before
2) Young men tend to be more horny than have sense. (Amazing how for some reason this just isn't projected most times there are teenagers around)
3) Materialist idea of 'you' or 'I'. It appears that almost all of the characters in the show are 'captured' at the time of their death and recorded and transported to Gantz. This either implies that the soul is recordable and recreatable or that the soul is unnecessary in the recreation of a person.
4) The weaponry appears to be fairly original.
Kei Kurono is certainly the most interesting character in the series. He can be annoying and is certainly obsessed with sex, but I think that merely makes him a relatively accurrate depiction of a teenage male.
One of the key points in this very violent series is that violence is real and although the activities in the Gantz games are certainly violent, you can't get away from violence even in a place that should be safe like home. This is demonstrated by Kato's little brother being beaten by their Aunt that is taking care of them because their parents are dead.Read more ›
In this season, it follows a young, irresponsible, pervert of a kid named Kei as he faces death and then GANTZ, the robotic ball that takes charge of the lives of anyone who just so happens to die in its watch. Kei, along with his childhood friend Kato and a somewhat confused young girl named Kishimoto, now finds himself the agent of GANTZ, who charges them, along with any other victim that finds his or her way into the room where GANTZ resides, to hunt down and kill aliens in the city. What follows is a short series of shockingly violent deaths and intense battles for survival. None of the survivors come away normal because of this; yet normal is what they must become, as when GANTZ is through with them the survivors are sent back to live their lives again in wait of the next call from the black ball. Kei must face all the same things, such as school life and basic, everyday tasks, while also finding himself obscenely attached to his fellow GANTZ gamer, Kishimoto. Kato finds himself struggling with the violence of GANTZ. And Kishimoto finds herself alone in a world that has forgotten her. The stark contrast between the violent games of GANTZ and the emotional new lives the characters must live is what makes this series as brilliant as it is.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Started watching random anime to see what peeked my interest. I had to watch this one all the way through. The character were really developed and felt alive. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Michael Roach
One of the best anime theme song ever. It certainly replaces "Deathnote" song hands-down.Published 3 months ago by Ariel Q.
Gantz is an anime that was adapated from the mmanga of the same name, which was written and illustrated by Hiroya Oku. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Luminus
This is a good series and heres why
Plot and Characters: (minor spoilers only) One day in after school Kei Kurono was at the train platform waiting for it to come he... Read more
This is an awesome box set to have if you like box sets. Especially I like this one considering I found it used-like new for very little. Great product.Published on April 24, 2013 by Sekirei 1990
Shipping was fast and the DVD's where in good condition, the only problem was that it had DVD's 1-5 and instead of DVD 6 there was DVD 7 from Box Set 2.Published on February 20, 2013 by Ileana J Rojas
A couple of hot sex scenes, no matter how sexy, in one episode cannot make up for one of the worst time wasters of any kind I have ever seen. Read morePublished on February 14, 2013 by Mr Person
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Anime
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Anime & Manga
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > TV