BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 30, 2011
I was searching for a book that I could relate to since I'm not in my twenties anymore, or even thirties for that matter. This has a lot of good information and I'm finding it very useful for planning my travels.

My only criticism is with regard to all of the volunteer opportunities they've pasted on many pages throughout the book for which people must pay in order to participate. I can only assume that the writers/publishers of this book are receiving gratuities for doing this. However, in my research I've found that these companies are not all that they seem in these advertisements or their websites and I encourage anyone considering that route to do his/her research before committing and paying thousands of dollars to volunteer somewhere else in the world.

All in all, this book was a good investment for references but you can obtain the same information and more with enough dedication and time spent searching the internet.
on March 21, 2011
Griffith's well-rounded mix of travel ideas, inspiration, advice, travel resources, and case studies should be beneficial to anybody who considers taking a sabbatical. The books has even more value to you if your travel experience is limited. Griffith calls her book "the most comprehensive, practical guide to taking a career break", and at least with regard to travel and the kind of travel (adventure, charity/volunteering, etc.), she is right. The book contains some advertisements by third parties, but they actually enhance the book. The book seems to be updated frequently. The slightly European perspective is refreshing because many travel resources listed are not the ones you might find in American books. Since travel is a big and very professionally organized industry in Europe, her resource lists should be very valuable to you.