Hori Hori Garden Knife with FREE Diamond Sharpening Rod, Thickest Leather Sheath and Extra Sharp Blade - in Gift Box. This Knife Makes a Great Gift for Gardeners and Campers!
|Sale:||$29.75 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$10.00 (25%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The one tool you need that can do anything in the garden - weed, dig, prune, transplant, measure, cut, harvest.
- Curved high grade stainless steel blade with a full tang through the handle for extra strength.
- A super-thick, genuine bonded leather sheath with brass snaps that will last for years.
- Extra sharp - presharpened flat and serrated blades can cut and saw. A metal safety guard will protect your hand and a beautiful beech hardwood handle is polished smooth.
- FREE diamond sharpening rod (a $10 value) is included to sharpen both flat and serrated edges.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Manufacturer Part Number||TrulyGarden-Hori-Rod-Blue|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Package Height||1.8 x 3 x 13.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.23 pounds|
The Master Gardener's tool of choice
A powerful tool. An updated version of a 16th century Japanese tool, this one powerful tool can accomplish a wide variety of gardening tasks, including:
- Planting bulbs
A high quality knife
- The 7” blade is made with 420 stainless steel and comes very sharp – sharper than most Hori Hori knives.
- It is built to be extra-strong, with the knife extending all the way through the knife handle (“full tang”) so the knife blade cannot snap off.
- The handle is secured with 3 rivets for extra strength.
- The blade is curved for easy digging, and it even includes measurements to help you plant your seedlings and bulbs at the correct depth.
- Even the sheath is premium quality, with extra-thick leather.
Free diamond sharpening rod
With the sharpening rod, you can use the pointed end to sharpen between the grooves of the serrated side of the knife. Or, you can use the straight end to sharpen the straight side of the knife.
This sharpening rod can be used to sharpen any knife in your kitchen. Say goodbye to that dull bread knife! Now you can make it sharp again.
Top Customer Reviews
1) The blade is crooked, angled from the handle. This shouldn't affect function in any way but annoys my OCD sensibilities. It sprang back to its original position when bent just past 30° so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
2) The sheath is not what I'd call leather. If it is technically leather then it's the leather equivalent of particle board. That said, the sheath is well made.
3) The stitching on the throat of the sheath is decorative and subject to abrasion by the edge of the knife if sheathed concave side out. It appears that if the top stitching frays that the functional side stitching will also unravel due to a lack of glue, rivets, or bar tacking.
4) the handle scales aren't glued to the tang of the knife and my example has a very small gap between scales and tang at the rear of the handle.
5) The point on my sample wasn't a point but a rather blunt wedge formed by the intersecting bevels on the convex side of the knife that was dulled by the final finish operation after sharpening. I filed the wedge into a serviceable point.
6) Filing revealed the steel to be quite hard so I was concerned with brittleness. I tested for flexibility by propping up the middle of the knife with a hardwood dowel on top of a 2x4 to protect the edge and stood on both ends of the knife while wearing heavy boots, jeans, and athletic protector. This knife easily survived bending just past 30° in both directions which may mean it would pass the British proof test. It remains in perfectly serviceable condition.
7) The lanyard hole was countersunk on both sides apparently to take a flared brass liner but none was present. The interior of the hole is rough and splintery. I fear this will quickly abrade my nylon hand lanyard. A leather strip would be more appropriate.
This version from Truly Garden is even better. The picture does not bely the heft or how well it's made. The leather sheath is wonderfully seamed and made to last.
It's a little tip heavy, but that's because it's almost 3mm thick in the center of the blade. There no give in the blade at all. The steel is superlatively forged, but as with all good quality steel, needs a little wipe of machine oil every so often.
I like the fact that there's gradations scale on the blade. This allows me to plant my )ahem) petunias properly...
Buy two before it's gone. Quality like this doesn't remain on the shelves too long.
The knife is well built, sturdy, and has a nice heft to it. The handle is beautiful & I love the fact that it is made from a sustainable source. The knife will need to be honed every now and then but that is the case with any edge tool. I like the fact that they give you a sharpen stone to get you started. The stone does work but it is basic so I would recommend diamond hone stone in the future but I still use the stone they provide with great results.
The packaging is very nice too, so as gift that's even more of a plus.
It weeds, cultivates, cuts, saws, it does everything!
I recommend running some linseed oil into the Handel to preserve the wood before 1st use because this knife is going to get dirty from all the amount of abuse you'll put it through. I've had mine for a year & put it through all kinds of abuse and it's still going strong. I liked it so much I even bought on for my girlfriend too! You'll never want to use a basic transplanted again.
The Truly Garden Hori Hori, is the most important tool in your yardwork/gardening arsenal and I recommend this product.
Garden on Folks!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it's really nice that the sharpener works for the serrated side as well as...Read more