Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garden of Life Primal Defense ULTRA, 90 Capsules
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Size: 90|Change

on November 6, 2013
After reading "The Maker's Diet" about five years or so ago we began using this product. I always seemed to have an upset stomach after dinner. Years earlier I had been treated from an ulcer and so was always on the lookout for something to counter stomach acid after eating - the cure was some strong antibiotics that killed some bacteria I had in my stomach. Before that diagnosis and cure I had tried a couple of pharmaceutical antacid approaches to what I mistakenly thought was excess stomach acid but while they reduced stomach acid (heartburn) they seemed to also have unwanted side effects.

Again, the ulcer was caused by the bad stomach and intestinal bacteria and the cure was a strong targeted antibiotic ...which I knew would also kill all the other possibly good bacteria in my gut...and so the notion behind this Probiotic was replenishing your gut with what is suppose to be good bacteria. It does work and it seems to be one of the keys to a good immune system and health.

I know this, when we stop taking this probiotic within a few days we begin to notice how we are more lethargic and don't seem to digest our food as well.
on March 9, 2013
After seeing some articles in reputable publications such as the UC Berkeley Wellness Letter about the possible healthful benefits of probiotics for ulcerative colitis, I decided to give it a try. After 3 weeks I cant say I'm cured but my symptoms have been noticebly improved. I have only been taking one pill per day and I just moved up to 2 today to see if greater strides will be noted. The first 3 days or so were a bit rough with the bloating and gas but my body seemed to adjust quickly. Nice product :)
on April 1, 2008
My nutritionist recommended this product to control the yeast in my body. I tried other natural products with little to no relief. This really works!
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2016
My college kid caught the norovirus twice in one term (norovirus is that horrible stomach and bowel illness that spreads in crowds like on cruise ships or schools). He could not digest food well in the months after that.

We tried cheap probiotics but it wasn't until I sent him Garden of Life that he began healing. He can digest well now; it has helped him so much.

He was too ill to be able to handle even one of these pills per day - he took one every other day until he could begin taking one per day.
on June 24, 2015
I purchased this some time back. Every time I started taking it I would get horrendous heartburn so I would stop using it. Last week, I read an article about probiotics and how they can sometimes cause major indigestion and heartburn because your "gut" is in REALLY bad shape and you are experience the discomfort from "crisis of healing" and that the probiotic is doing its thing and it's actually a GOOD thing. So I decided to try again and this time to stick it out for as long as I could. Fast forward a week and I'm happy that I stuck with it. It took about 5 days for the heartburn to subside. The first 3 days were miserable and I really questioned whether or not to continue, but day 4 was easier and day 5 saw only a small discomfort. Day 6 was pain free and I haven't had any heartburn since. I DO take it with food although the product recommends an empty stomach. Again... this article pointed out that since our ancestors' only source for probiotics WAS food instead of supplements it makes sense to take ours with food. Also, my belly bloat has diminished and I feel a bit more energized each day.
on January 8, 2014
I RAVE about this product to everyone. I have a long history of gastric problems (acid reflux, gastritis and others). I have been taking this probiotic for a couple months now and I have been able to stop taking one of my prescriptions for reflux within the first month. I've lost a lot of weight as well since taking these. I FEEL so much better when I take them, I usually take 2 per day myself and have had no issues.
on January 7, 2012
These are great, without them there were weeks that went by without me going and was I miserable, with them I am very regular
on April 30, 2013
Just recently had a biceps tendon surgery and one of the recovery suggestions was probiotics to help your body rid itself of the antibiotics.
I'm 44, feeling more like 54 at times and decided to give it a try.
One month in on physical therapy and the doctor told me I could stop, I'm way ahead of schedule (strength/flexibility) and he didn't understand how. I don't know if this was the reason, but it definitely didn't seem to hurt.
on July 29, 2015
Seems to be doing the job I need it to, which was getting rid of the C-diff inflicted on me during some surgery where I thought the doctor had agreed not to use antibiotics. Was thrilled to find a natural remedy as the last time I went through it, the diarrhea lasted a whole year despite all sorts of things I thought I was doing right to get rid of it. Just say no to antibiotics, unless you are in imminent danger of death.
on October 10, 2011
I waited a long while before doing this review. I wanted to be sure and give it a fair shake.
I greatly admire Jordan Rubin; his vision; his testimony; his new venture "Beyond Organic" and all that he hopes for. I very much wanted to like this product and be able to support him by being a customer in this purchase, but unfortunately (for me), I cannot.
I also realize that my body's system, in particular the digestive system, is very, very difficult to get working and is a constant effort and challenge, therefore what might work well for others won't necessarily do anything for me, and such was the case with this product. I didn't experience anything whatsoever. It might just as well have been a placebo and I wish I could get a refund.
I will NOT be ordering this product again (obviously)and I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me.
I have to wholeheartedly agree with "Steve's" review (Feb 2011) that perhaps different strains of bacteria enzymes work better for others and will probably try the one he recommended. I have also had luck with the "Pearls".
I'm sorry,folks. It just didn't happen. I'm glad it seems to have worked for most people, however.