Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garden of Life OmegaZyme ULTRA, 90 Capsules
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Size: 90|Change

on July 24, 2014
Look, I'm no doctor but I've lived a very long time with digestive tract issues/ailments and learned a few things. The most important are twofold: 1) Doctors don't know everything; 2) Be responsible for your own health and KNOW YOUR OWN BODY!

From Crohn's disease to diverticulitis/dverticulosis, I have had a too long journey through digestive/intestinal tract hell. I have suffered explosive (often bloody) diarrhea and constipation in the same 12 hr period. Doctor's have been of little help. It wasn't until I took control of my own body by changing my diet (hey men HAVE to have certain things in our diet women don't, and there are definitely things guys - especially older guys like me - need to avoid) and adding a few crucial supplements that I was able to find digestive peace and have done so now for two years now. This Garden of Life Omega-Zyme product I initially found in one of the major chain vitamin stores (at a significantly higher price!) a couple of years back. I eventually switched over to the Ultimate Digestive Blend to see if it provided even better results than the good I'd already experienced. I never went back to the the regular blend. Amazon pricing is much more reasonable on top of that.

I use this product 3 times a day. Morning, midday and before bedtime after dinner. Used in conjunction with a 50 billion bacteria probiotic product not offered on Amazon (hopefully one day it will) taken once a day, my digestive issues have almost been completely eliminated only (well to be honest: mostly only) arising when I go off my dietary regimen and "treat" myself to too much of bad thing for someone with my particular health issues.

Two of my teenage kid's developed the same issues I have (which I in turn think is hereditary as my father and one of my sisters shared these ailments) and I started them on these same two products and there been no more doctor's office visits since. If you want to try something else when other doctor prescribed medications fail or make you sick in other ways. Try this stuff along with a good probiotic supplement. Forget about yogurt. Pasteurization ruins yogurt's ability to offset the "bad" bacteria in your digestive tract with "good" bacteria. Yogurt is a waste of money. Hope this helps someone feel better and get healthy.
88 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2010
I've tried a handful of enzyme formulas, from the "sold only by licensed professionals" variety to off-the-shelf. This has proven to be the best. It effectively reduces bloating and fatigue after meals. I can really feel the difference it makes. Having taken it for 6 solid months now, the impact in my overall digestive health is undeniable and quite significant.

Caution: as one reviewer noted, the pro-biotics in this formula are cultured using dairy (which is a very common practice). If you are severely allergic to dairy, make sure to ask the manufacturer specifically how they culture their pro-biotics.

To good health!
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2015
Unlike many people, I hated/hate this product with passion. I've never experienced heartburn before taking this supplement since I am relatively young (in 20's). I took two capsules in a day, which caused massive heartburn. I could not fall asleep that night because of acid reflux. The next day, I decided to give it one more go (silly me). Same effect with greater magnitude. I only took four pills in total, but four pills were devastating. This product caused an onset of all digestive issues for me which includes dysphagia, dyspepsia, acid reflux, gurgling, belching, bloating and heartburn. Other side effects include unintentional weight loss, hair loss, fatigue, and difficulty falling asleep at night.

It's been 4 months since I used this product and I still have not recovered fully. Please be cautious with this product. Do not take it blatantly without physician's advice. I should have researched more carefully. This may work for some people who lack digestive enzymes, but if you are not in that case, it will cause havoc to your system.

Update 02/08/15
Okay, so I figured out why some people have problem with this particular product. This is the ONLY product that contains 80,000 HUT of Protease PER CAPSULE among many digestive enzyme supplements out there. Protease can aggravate stomach lining immensely, especially if you take it when you do not need it. Similarly, if your gut lining is not very good to begin with, protease will worsen the damage in your gut. I learned this lesson hard way by popping two capsules (160,000 HUT of Protease) daily for two days. I believe my gut lining was bad to begin with from consuming foods that are hard to digest like lots of meat, nuts, and fats. I also had a lot of antibiotics in the past, which is never good for the gut health.

Again, do your research and know your health condition before taking this supplement. If you do not have any issue with digestion or your symptoms are very mild like mine was, DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT. Once your esophageal lining is damaged, it is very hard to recover. Please be cautious my fellow Amazoners.
1111 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2012
I have very bad issues with IBS and absorbing key nutrients in food. With this product I have seen a noticeable difference in foods being broken down. I would recommend it to anyone. Just be aware-the pills are large size
on January 4, 2011
I am a huge fan of Garden of Life products. I take the the Perfect Food super green supplements everyday and I attribute many positive health benefits directly to them. Because of my happiness with their other products I thought I would give this one a try. Wow that was a big mistake! within a few hours of taking just one of these as directed, I had the worst heartburn I have ever had in my entire life. I was then up all night as my body to put it politely rejected this and everything else it contained... I was basically out of commission until these "enzymes" had completely been flushed out, and with them went what I can only imagine were many of the natural enzymes my body already had. The most notable side effect is that though I have always been very mildy lactose intolerant(I can eat cheese, cooked dairy, cottage cheese, yogurt, cup or less of milk at a time) I am now unable to consume even the smallest amount of any dairy product without having hours of stomach cramps(which I never used to have). Im sure there are some other side effects I havent noticed, and im guessing as time goes on I will once again be able to eat dairy and everything else will be back to normal, but I would STRONGLY suggest you use extreme caution. Though this may be an isolated event specific to me and my body, or some kind of allergic reaction, if it happened to me it can most definitely happen to you.

I will continue to take my other Garden of Life products, and search out other new supplements. but oh man was this a bad idea. additionally I have the feeling amazon wont accept a return on this, so I am out $30...
77 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2010
This stuff is amazing. I bought some on a whim one day at the health food store. I only use it after I eat a heavy meal or foods that usually give me heartburn or an upset stomach. These do the trick. After Thanksgiving dinner, my husband said that he felt really bloated and sick. (He ate like a hog.) I gave him three of these and within a few hours, he said he felt fine. He uses them all the time. It is one of the few organic items, he doesn't care how much I spend on because it works. At Amazon's prices you can't go wrong. LOVE IT!
on November 23, 2014
We bought these for someone who had their gall bladder removed and then had numerous digestive problems.
It took about a week for them to stable their system and then all has been well for the last 9 months.
We highly recommend these.
on July 2, 2012
This product significantly helped my IBS symptoms. I take one before every meal and my tummy problems after eating are so much better! And if you really want to get control of IBS, get Heather Van Vorous' book, "Eating for IBS" and follow her diet plan. It works!
on March 4, 2016
I have IBS and I got my gallbladder removed a little over a year ago. Since then every time I eat I get severe stomach cramps followed by many trips to the bathroom. I tried trying to figure out 'safe' foods but even then it was a 50/50 chance I'd still get sick. So I did some forum browsing and a lot of people suggested this supplement. I bought the non ultra ones the first time (cause I'm cheap and didn't want to blow 60$ on a scam). However just about 80% of the time if I took them properly (3 or 4 pills about 5 mins before eating a big meal, or 1 before a smaller meal) I didn't get sick anymore. (note: still cant have fried, greasy, spicy food, or overly fatty meats.) The only complaint I have about the non ultra ones are that they are the gritty textured pills with a bad taste. HOWEVER, I got the ultra ones this time and they are an absolute miracle! They work better than the normal kind 100% of the time if I take them correctly. AND they're gel capsules! I should have bought these ones first. If you have IBS or issues relating to gallbladder surgery buy these, seriously. The doctors a year on have only said 'oh you know after that surgery you cant eat all the same stuff' but they wont give me anything to help the sickness and there's no cure for IBS. These omagazyme pills will change your life and save you a lot of money on toilet paper, believe me.
on November 25, 2013
I think this is a terrific enzyme. It helps tremendously with bloat and digesting food. However, I cannot use it because there is so much ginger in it. Ginger is a stimulant (some sources say "mild stimulant"), and it speeded me up so much I couldn't sleep while using this product. The ginger was also slightly irritating to my irritable bowel. I am hypersensitive to everything, so I will probably be in the minority with these reactions, but for anyone else who might be hypersensitive, this could be a concern. I have ordered the Garden of Life raw enzymes which are not in a base of ginger root. I hope I can tolerate them.