Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on December 8, 2016
Amazon sells these with options of 30 capsules, 90 capsules, and 180 capsules (listed under the same product name). If you look closely, you'll see that that they all have different ingredients, so basically, they are slightly different products.

Specifically, the 90 capsule bottle (which is the one I ordered most recently, prior to that I was using the 180 capsule bottle), has the information written in English and French. The package is slightly different, and I couldn't find that same product on the Garden of Life's website. What I did find on their site was a 90 capsule size bottle that is completely different than the one Amazon sells. The one sold on Amazon is obviously produced for export, and is not the same as the product Garden of Life sells in the US. Most vitamin content is the same, with the exception of Protein which is not listed on the list of ingredients on the 90 capsule bottle. The 90 capsule doesn't contain probiotics or vitex. It doesn't have the Raw Organic Sprout Blend either (which I guess is where the protein comes from in the 30 and 180 capsule pills). Worst of all, it contains fillers (silicon dioxide, hypromellose) which I bet is the reason why so many people get nauseous if they are using the 90 capsule size bottle that they bought on Amazon.

The 30 capsule bottle doesn't list Vitex either, and it has a slightly different list of ingredients as well.

The different size capsules are in reality different products, but they are listed as the same product that only differs in the number of capsules per container; which is not only very misleading, it also means that the product reviews or answers to questions written for those various products are listed all together on Amazon, and it's impossible to tell whether people were describing their experience with the 30 capsule, 90 capsule or 180 capsule bottle. For example, how do you know if the person writing a review was using the 90 capsule bottle with the fillers and without vitex or protein or the 180 capsule bottle that has vitex, protein and no fillers or the 30 capsule bottle that doesn't have vitex, but has brewer's yeast that the others don't have (they have regular yeast), and which can be a problem to people with gluten allergies.

I first purchased the 180 capsule bottle. I studied the list of ingredients, I liked the product and felt good after taking it, so I went back to re-order it, but this time I decided to buy the smaller bottle. Since I had already used this product, and I clicked on the link that was listed for it under my Order History, I thought I was getting the same thing but smaller. I had no idea that what I was buying was essentially a different product. After taking just one pill I started feeling sick (nausea, headache, overall brain fog and tiredness). I pretty much felt like I was experiencing "morning sickness" typical for the first trimester of pregnancy (I'm not pregnant). I started being suspicious of those vitamins when I once took two pills at night, and I woke up feeling awful. I came back to the Amazon page just to discover that the bottle I bought (90 capsules), had fillers and binders, and was missing protein, probiotics and vitex (although I'm not crazy about vitex) that the 180 capsule bottle has. I felt very misled and angry.

If I were to write a review for the 180 capsule bottle, it would've been a five star review. The 90 capsule bottle gets only one star. They way I see it, those are two completely different products, and the product in the 90 capsule bottle is significantly inferior to the product in the 180 capsule bottle.

I know that many women who purchase this product like it because it claims to be all natural. Well the 90 capsule bottle isn't all natural, and it made me really sick because of the fillers and binders in it.

Someone asked a question about this product regarding its gluten status, and the answer was that it doesn't contain gluten. Well, the 90 and 180 capsule product doesn't, but the 30 capsule bottle contains brewers yeast which is a gluten containing substance. I just don't see why they all can be listed as the same product...

Just read carefully the description of the bottle size you are buying and take the reviews with the grain of salt. They are not all for the the same product.
44 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 18, 2016
Great Organic/Non GMO Prenatals- but you will need to add other supplements!
Pros: This is a great product and one of the only food based, organic, non-GMO prenatals I could find. Food based is vital for baby!
Cons: They do have a slightly strange flavor (just while you are swallowing them) so I usually try to take them with juice and not water to avoid noticing it.
Note: These prenatals are good but are not 100% complete for many moms. They lack many nutrients you need to grow a healthy baby. I did a ton of research on nutrients needed for optimal fetal development and this is what I came up with. (Note: I am healthy woman with no preexisting medical conditions- each mom is different and you should talk with your doctor/ midwife to decide what is best for you).

Vitamins recommended in pregnancy (upper limits): -- how much is in the Garden of Life prenatals:
Calcium: 1000mg (<2500) – 125mg
D: 600IU (<4000) –1,400IU
Zinc: 11mg (<40mg) – 7.5mg
Biotin: 30mcg –300mcg
Magnesium 360mg –38mg

Based on this information, I still needed the minimum of the following nutrients each day:
Calcium: 875mg
Potassium: 4700mg
C: 25mg
Zinc: 3.5mg
Magnesium 322mg

Note: You get some of this with a healthy diet, but I wanted to ensure I was getting all of it daily for me and my developing baby. So I also take the following supplements each day with this prenatal:
1. New Chapter Whole Mega Alaskan Salmon Oil (wild caught) for my DHA (220mg) https://smile.amazon.com/New-Chapter-Wholemega-Supplement-Astaxanthin/dp/B002FU6I9K/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474225642&sr=8-1&keywords=new+chapter+salmon+oil
2. Garden of Life Raw Calcium (food based) for Calcium: 756mg; Vitamin C: 50 mg; Magnesium: 386mg https://smile.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Calcium-Capsules/dp/B003L31NM2/ref=sr_1_sc_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474225696&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=garden+of+life+raw+calc
3. IntraNaturals Choline for Choline 550mg https://smile.amazon.com/Choline-550mg-Pregnant-Cognitive-IntraNaturals/dp/B01A9WLFZC/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474225230&sr=8-1&keywords=organic+choline
4. Dr. Berg Organic Sea Kelp Supplement (Pure Icelandic Sea Kelp) for Iodine: 500mcg https://smile.amazon.com/Supplement-Capsules-Icelandic-Nutrients-Dr/dp/B01A2IRCZU/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474224803&sr=8-2&keywords=Organic+Kelp
5. Garden of Life Healthy Blood (food based) for Iron: 28mg (note this is more iron than you need when coupled with this prenatal but when you are making 4-5 pounds of extra blood many women need it - this is different for each woman and you should get your iron tested) https://smile.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Code%C2%AE-Capsules/dp/B0098U0QWA/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474225734&sr=8-1&keywords=garden%2Bof%2Blife%2Bhealthy%2Bblood&th=1

After all these supplements, I am still short:
DHA: 80mg
Calcium: 119mg
Potassium: 4700mg
Zinc: 3.5mg

I do get most of this in my healthy diet each day, but just to be safe (and ensure I grow the best baby I possibly can) I also take the following “nonessential” but beneficial supplements each day:

6. Garden of Life raw B-Complex (food based) for extra B vitamins (these give you energy so best to take in the am and you pee out what you don’t need) https://smile.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Complex-Capsules/dp/B0098U0SQO/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474226074&sr=8-2&keywords=garden+of+life+b+complex
7. Chlorella Spirulina 50/50 Tablet Mix for cleaning out my blood. https://smile.amazon.com/Premium-Chlorella-Spirulina-1250-Tablets/dp/B00FAB10ZI/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474226153&sr=8-3&keywords=chlorella+spirulina
8. World Organics Ultra Concentrated Liquid Chlorophyll: to give me extra green nutrients, also it has been linked to decreasing blood loss during labor: https://smile.amazon.com/Ultra-Concentrated-Liquid-Chlorophyll-Ounces/dp/B008MOOS2W/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1474226366&sr=8-1&keywords=ultra+concentrated+liquid+chlorophyll

Note: I don’t work for any of these companies and am not getting anything for this review. I am just an expecting mom that did A LOT of research of prenatals and nutrients needed for optimal development and wanted to share what I learned. Please talk with your doctor/ midwife to determine what is best for you. Hopefully I can help another expecting mom and you will find this information useful! Best of luck with your pregnancy : )
77 comments| 476 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 26, 2016
I started taking these prenatal vitamins when I was considering having a 3rd baby. I'm a huge fan of the Garden of Life brand so made a switch from the prenatals I'd used with past pregnancies. My previous pregnancies I would get extremely sick, food aversions, vomiting, all the awful first trimester symptoms. The first 9 weeks of my pregnancy I felt surprisingly great, so much better than my previous pregnancies. I ran out of these and thought I ordered the same but they were Garden of Life TABLETS. About the same time I switched the nausea, food aversions, vomiting etc kicked in. It seemed to be too much of a coincidence so I stopped taking them and ordered these again. This prenatal vitamin has been the best I've taken and I feel the best taking it. Would highly recommend this.
on July 2, 2016
With my first pregnancy I tried several brands of natural/raw/organic prenatal vitamins and none of them sat well with my stomach. I am in the very beginning of my second pregnancy and was determined to try to find an organic, non-GMO brand this time around. Garden of Life got excellent reviews so I figured that was a place to start. So far - amazing. Easy to swallow, easy on the stomach, non-GMO and organic. I know some reviewers griped about having to take the vitamin three times a day but I prefer it that way - my body and the baby get more of a constant smaller dose instead of being blasted with one big dose and then nothing the rest of the day. Plus - I compared the nutrients with my store-bought prenatals, and the Garden of Life pills outshone them in every single vitamin category, and then some. Things Garden of Life had that the store bought did not: protein, vitamin K, B1, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, Magnesium, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium and Molybdenum and Folate (store bought had Folic Acid, which is different). Other reviewers also complained about the price - to which I say, this is nourishment for your growing fetus, you get one chance at this, I will happily pay a little extra to ensure my baby is getting the best quality vitamins and minerals, it's only for a few months (and each bottle should be about a two month supply).
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2016
I feel GREAT on this prenatal as opposed to the cheaper one I used to buy at Whole Foods which was "food based". I will explain why I found out later I didn't feel well on the other one too. This one has lots of good things in it and also Folate rather than Folic Acid which is the synthetic form of Folate. It's estimated that half the population may have the MTHFR gene mutation and can't process folic acid. So it's super important to make sure you take a good vitamin with folate (and methyl folate if you do have it). Folic acid otherwise just pools in the body since we have a hard to converting it like the real thing and it ends up becoming toxic. Also, can cause miscarriages and issues with brain development if taking the synthetic Folic acid due to lack of folate being absorbed and passed on to baby. Make sure you find a physician who is familiar with MTHFR. SO MANY MISCARRIAGES AND OTHER DEFECTS ALONG WITH MENTAL ISSUES HAPPENING THAT COULD EASILY BE AVOIDED IF ONLY MORE PHYSICIANS TESTED FOR THIS FIRST AND WOMEN STARTED PROPER TREATMENT FIRST. Do the best you can by at least getting a good vitamin like this one with the actual form of folate in it.
11 comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2017
I'm a dietitian who educates women on prenatal nutrition and these are my favorite prenatal vitamins and what I recommend. You do have to take additional calcium and DHA, so I take calcium/magnesium supplement as well as a fish oil supplement. I like that these are all natural and don't cause constipation, unlike the "One a Day" vitamins. I also make sure to get my iron from food since these don't have as much iron. The only reason I'm giving 4 starts instead of 5 is because of the taste (I have to take with milk or juice to hide the taste, I never had nausea but anyone with bad nausea might find these large pills difficult to take), and that it's a 3x/day dose. It can be hard to remember! Other than that, they're great!
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 24, 2015
I use this along with a Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA supplement and it has all the vitamins you need including folate which is key when TTC. The pills are normal sized capsules you can either take as normal or you can open them up and put it in the smoothie or something. I just take it normally as the previous multivitamin I used to take was a much larger pill. These have no type of odor or taste to them which is great. I've read reviews of other brands where people say that their prenatal vitamin makes them feel nauseous, this brand does not do that whatsoever. The natural and GMO ingredients are a plus too!

I included a couple photos to give you an idea of the size of the pill. The Garden of Life RAW Prenatal is the second pill from the right in both photos. In order from left to right these pills are: 1. ON Fish Oil Softgel, 2. ProSource Women's Multivitamin, 3. Garden of Life Vitamin Code Prenatal, 4. Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA.
review imagereview image
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 7, 2016
4th or 5th capsule out of the bottle looked like it had melted plastic on it. Sad to say my wife has spent hundreds on these things who knows what the other pills may have looked like. I just so happened to see it because I was putting them into a medicine box for traveling.
review imagereview image
11 comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 29, 2016
I suppose you never really know if vitamins are doing what they claim to do... but I am happy with these. I like that they are made from whole foods, have actual folate (not folic acid), and even include a "digestive comfort" blend with probiotics. I do my best to get my nutrients from food but it's not realistic for me to get an ideal amount of everything everyday. I feel like these are a great back up to my diet. I also love that they don't make me feel sick if I take them on an empty stomach like other vitamins do (though I try to take them with food, sometimes I remember to take them in between meals -- having to take them 3 times a day is a bear).

Was this review helpful for you? If so, please click the "Yes" button below. If not, feel free to let me know why and I'll do my best to improve it. :)
on July 23, 2016
This made me sick through my first couple of months of pregnancy. I asked my OBGYN if it was alright to continue to take it and she suggested I take gummies instead. After I stopped using Vitamin Code, my "morning sickness" stopped entirely. I would suggest asking your doctor first. For me it was a dud.