About the Product
- 2-4 multiplayer wireless support via Nintendo DS single-card play.
- Everyone's favorite Mama from the best-selling Cooking Mama series stars in the brand's first offshoot.
- Use the stylus as your master garden tool to take care of flowers, fruit trees and vegetables in Mama's garden.
- Experience unexpected garden results based on your care-flowers can bloom different colors, fruit trees can grow different fruits, etc.
- Multiple game modes including: Let's Grow It, Let's Enjoy It, Let's Do Gardening, Let's Harvest Multiplayer, Treasure Box and Dress Up.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What I love about these games are, kids can have so much fun with them but an adult can also have a go too. Some of the task may be a little easy for an adult but some may not be (especially if you're going for gold).
If you haven't played any of the Cooking Mama games, then the style of the game is a little something like this, your goal is to plant something, such as a tulip but its broken down into stages, seeding, digging a hole, and so on. Theres nice obvious instructions on what to do for each task that needs to be done in order to plant something. There is also directions for you to follow, which is very helpful. My cousin loves this game too as it gives her an idea of how to garden, in a fun way. :D
The setup is virtually the same as in Cooking Mama. You garden things and then you get a grade for it. There are a couple changes that are worth noting however:
One bonus is that the game is in bird's eye view; you get to roam the garden and select what you want to grow. More options become available as you progress and your garden expands into new areas. You also get more plants to grow as you go along.
Another nice thing is that you can change Mama's outfits and even decorate your garden with the bonus prizes you earn. This is fun when you want to take a break from gardening.
The major difference with Gardening Mama from Cooking Mama is that instead of just cooking a dish and being done you have to allow your plants to grow. So when you garden something you are not done for a while. There are many steps to garden until you get a finished product. Sometimes you can even make food from a plant. It can get kind of annoying waiting for plants to grow because you have to watch them. If you forget about one Mama will come on the screen and alert you, which gets tedious. But other than that waiting for plants isn't too bad.
I would recommend this game for any Cooking Mama fan or anyone wanting to try out the series. It is very fun alone or in single-card download mode. The developers have been consistent with the look and gameplay of the series, which keeps it familiar yet still refreshing. A must for all Mama fans!
Game Synopsis: Gardening Mama takes our favorite gaming character out of the kitchen & into the garden as you attempt to grow a wide variety of flowers, vegetables, & trees.
1) This game is incredibly simple to play. The directions are pretty clear & less gifted players will still be able to keep up with everything.
2) There's a wide variety of plants to be grown in this game, from roses to cosmos to grapes. You won't lack for things to do.
1) Too much repetition. While there was a ton of repetition in the previous CM games, it was never as obvious as it was for this game. It's fun but a lot of it gets REALLY old after a while, which will cause many gamers to put this game to the side rather than try to play & beat it over a few days like they would the other CM games.
2) It might have been my DS, but game play was occasionally sluggish- most notably in the bonus screens & whenever I went to change things in the game like Mama's outfit. Since CM2 wasn't that slow, I was surprised to see how sluggish this was.
I also sort of had an issue with having to go back & forth between plants, but I was mostly ambivalent about that. It just got a little old when I had to do one part of my gladiolas, then go to the map & visit the orchard in order to work on my apples. There's a lot of fun to be had in this game overall, but for me the repetition REALLY got on my nerves after a while.Read more ›
As a wife and as a mom of 3 kids, I spend a lot of time shopping for deals on the best products out there for my family. It's important to me that if we're spending our hard earned money that we get a top notch product in return. I often rely on the reviews and opinions of others when contemplating purchasing a new product that I haven't tried before myself. Because of that, any products that I buy (whether on Amazon or from a 3rd party) I always make sure to leave a detailed review of the product to help others when selecting items to purchase, as well. My family tests these products fully before forming a solid opinion and writing a review. When I write a review, I keep in mind that those reading are also looking for honesty about the product and want an unbiased opinion to go by. If my review has been helpful to you, please give me a "Yes" vote on my review. Thank you!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product arrived 4 days early to a very pleased recipient! It was in the DS case which was still shrink wrapped. Immediately opened and started playing. Thank you!!Published 18 days ago by eden gulledge
This game isn't as fun as I thought it would be. I would recommend buying actual Cooking Mama games that deal with FOOD and not FLOWERS.Published 4 months ago by Thandiwe Lofton
This game is extremely annoying.The audio of garden mama side kick will drive you crazy(don't worry mama will fix it) Mama 's garden was not bright and colorful as I had wished as... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Darlene