Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on January 8, 2016
I like that fact that it has the 2 rollers to avoid scraping or damaging the roof shingles. I had about 14-18 inches of snow buildup on my roof and since the snow was so tall, I couldn't successfully push it and drag it back in one pass but once I got working on it, I was able to remove all snow with a couple of passes. (see photo).
I imagine with 6 to 10 inches of snow this rake probably works like a dream. It's only Achilles heel are the hog rings for the flap in which after first assembly, I closed them with pliers but left them as a half inch triangle. After I lost one after a lot of snow removal and looked at it again, I realized the best thing to do is to cinch them as small as possible (a triangle of about 3/8 of an inch). I think the best and more durable solution is to buy stainless steel split key rings with a size of about 12mm to fasten the hinged door. I'll try that if the hog rings loosen up again.
The poles bend a little with 4 extensions which is understandable but thankfully they don't kink. 3 extensions work much better if you can get away with that length.
review image
on February 15, 2015
Excellent! Simply amazing! Works as advertised. I had the regular Garelick rake for years and it worked ok, but this model is so much easier to use that you just can't compare the two at all. This model can do what the other simply cannot - it can cut thru the snow and move up the roof without lifting and this not only make it easy to use it by also allows you to clear snow that you could not with the other model - you do this by adding another pole to extend the rake once its already on the roof and then push it up the roof and let it cut thru the snow, then just pull down to clear the snow from the roof. If you did not have the ability to cut thru the snow then there would be no way for you to clear the snow from that distance because you won't be able to lift the rake and re-position it with such a long extension. With all the snow we've been getting in Boston area lately, I had up to 6 foot of snow in some areas of the roof and with today's storm approaching I could not find anyone to clear the roof for me and was getting really worried since we already developed some water leaks from ice dams. Amazon shipped this rake just in time for me to try yesterday and it did the job! I would say I was able to get rid of 70% of the snow from my roof (first level/floor) with this rake in an hour or so - a pro would take 3-4 hours and charge $500 (if you can find one these days!). They way I got rid of 6 foot of snow was by pushing the rake up with a bit of force and it basically cut thru the bottom part of the snow gradually to the point that snow above would collapse down and then I would move the rake up and down again to get to that snow - problem solved and you don't have to worry about your roof or water leaks.

While I give this product 5 start raking based on it's performance, I would like to point out some weak points:

1- really poor instructions and pictures,
2- I get it that you have to make it light, but after one use the axle is bent. Not a big deal I can fix it but still....
3- the wheels don't really turn, it they did it would have made it even easier to move the rake up. I have a feeling this many have to do with poor instructions. I can see how it could work better with a simple change.

But, still, compared to the older model, this is better put together (like use of lock nuts) and I can't imagine what I would have done without this rake. If this can clear my roof a couple of times before it dies I would still be happy since It would have saved me $1500 in roof cleaning costs.
on February 23, 2014
I purchased this roof rake after I had a leak in my kitchen from melting snow on 2 occasions. I arrived very quick. Assembly was simple. It cuts the snow as you roll up the roof which makes it easy to pull off.
I read some reviews of lock nuts coming loose but I have had no problems the two times I used it. The only complaint I have is that the poles are a bit flimsy, but that is to be expected to reduce weight on a 20 foot pole. Be sure to not lift it off of the roof too much. Roll it like it is designed and the likelihood of bending the pole goes down significantly.
on March 6, 2011
Some reviewers complain that they received weak plastic zip ties for fastening the flap to its frame. My box, however, contained metal hog rings, which formed a strong and secure connection. If you receive zip ties, I suggest that you pick up a pack of hog rings and use them instead.

Closing the hog rings may not be easy unless you have hog ring pliers. If you use standard pliers, it helps to close the ring about half way before you insert it into the assembly.
on February 11, 2014
The roof rake worked excellent other then the hinged flap sometimes would get caught in the frame work. Not a huge problem. I used the hinged version next to one that was not hinged. The hinged definitely worked as advertised, no lifting. Just roll up the roof line and pull down with the snow.
on March 1, 2015
This is an excellent roof rake and the extension poles come in handy for tall roofs. My only one complaint is the little hooks that hold the rake door to the main assembly could be a better quality than simple staples. I will likely replace them with higher quality material when they fail. But so far after a number of storms here in the Northeast, this roof rake has been working exceptionally well.
on July 31, 2017
One winter now and loving not having to get on the roof to clear it.
on February 12, 2015
First impressions for this unit are very favorable. If I only had ordered it before we received a few feet of snow over multiple storms, I think my roof would be less icy. But my poor planing is not a topic of this review. Anyway...
When I used the rake, I had over a foot of snow still on the roof. There were a few inches of ice on the roof as well. Except for the icy part, the snow was reasonably light, as it wasn't a really wet snow. I was able to place the wheels on the roof, then push it up through the snow, and pull it back to clear the snow. It didn't require a lot of effort to do this. I found that it worked great, and I'm glad I went with this style. Obviously, this is not not going to remove ice from the roof. Although the poles do get a bend in them if all the poles are used, I was able to get the device on the roof with 3 poles first, then added the forth to give me better reach. This meant I didn't need to try to lift the 21' rake up from the end of the 4th pole, and deal with excess weight or bend in the pole. Once it was up there, there wasn't much lifting required at all, since I could just roll it around.
The front side of my roof is too high with too little pitch for me to clear high up the roof with this, but it was able to get the edge, and I think that is all that can be expected without using a step ladder to get me at a closer angle to the roof.
During assembly, I found that a pair of Robo Grip pliers worked really well at closing the metal rings that hold the blade to the frame. Vise Grip pliers didn't work well for me. I did have to grab the rod with Vise Grips while attaching the locking nuts on the end. This allowed the nuts to be tightened more, and will hopefully prevent them from falling off, as others have reported.
on March 5, 2016
Works to get the snow down, but after using it a couple of times the poles are stuck together and it take up a lot of room to store.
on February 9, 2017
Worked Great! - the rollers and the trap-door design make snow removal easy. I pulled 12-14" of snow off my roof with it. No more climbing on a slippery roof!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.