Other Sellers on Amazon
Garmin D2 Pilot Watch
|Price:||$399.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Has Direct-to and Nearest buttons that use a worldwide airport database
- Altimeter with adjustable baro setting and compass
- Displays multiple time zones with Zulu/UTC reference
- Various timers and vibrating alerts for inflight task reminders
- Wirelessly receives flight plan from Garmin Pilot and controls VIRB
Aviation & Pilot Supplies Store
Interested in aviation related products? Check out our new Aviation & Pilot Supplies Store for all your flying needs.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 1.93 inches, 0.67 inches, 1.93 inches
- Weight: 2.88 ounces
Top Customer Reviews
1. This watch is about the same size as all my friends Suunto watches. It might be a little taller, but does not have the external GPS sensor. As far as weight is concerned it weighs less than my Citizens Eco Drive Blackhawk watch and as long as you can lift you arms above you head... you should be fine.
2. This watch has SO many profiles! It can be used for running, biking, sailing, mountaineering, hiking, geocaching, cycling, fishing or create you own profile. All this in addition to the flight profile.
3. The watch has a vibration function. This is great for working out without making a bunch of noise in the gym while you have in headphones. After a set amount of time it will vibrate instead of beep to let you know the interval. You can set the parameters. This also goes for hiking, running, or altitude, distance, waypoint etc in flight. If I can feel it in a blackhawk.... trust me you will too in whatever you fly.
4. Battery life is very respectable even under heavy use. I go through about 6% per hour with all functions turned on in flight.
5. This GPS is as accurate as the navigation equipment in my Blackhawk. Seriously it was EXACTLY the same as my onboard GPS. This was in a radar dense environment and without WAAS turned on. Distance, Heading and speed were exactly like I was seeing in the cockpit.
6. Screen is not bad.Read more ›
Pluses: There are so many functions hidden inside the menus of this watch, and not just for Aviation, .. Mountaineering, Hiking, ect... Also synches to Garmin Pilot App. In GPS mode I like the NRST function, where with 1 button; you can find the nearest airports.
Minuses: Bulky: The biggest one for me, is the bulk of this watch. After a few weeks of constant wear; my wrist and hand actually hurt and a knot started to develop. I stopped wearing it, and this went away. This is NOT a watch for everyday wear (and I'm actually back to my Gshock for that). I still like to keep the watch with me, so I made a clip (I think there is actually a clip Garmin Sells), and now clip it to my belt loop and keep it in my pocket.
GPS Satellites don't pick up if you wear on your wrist in cockpit: Maybe because I fly a Biz Jet, but I never saw the GPS work while on my wrist in the cockpit. Perhaps if you fly a C-172 or Helicopter, it's different. Also I fly overseas and I think it must pick up satellite coverage in the USA better than other places.
My solution actually found itself from my comments about the bulk of the watch and taking it off my wrist. I now keep it on the wind screen of the plane I fly and it picks up Satellites fine. I reference it for nearest airports a lot and also for direct to my destination airport. I'm trying to get it to work with the Garmin Pilot App, but waiting for international coverage to open up for that.
Overall for the money you are not going to find an Aviation GPS watch with as many functions as this watch.Read more ›
It is huge and heavy: yes, it is. It is a waas receiver with more than 20 hr of endurance, and the battery, I suppose, is the main reason of overall dimensions and weight.
It hardly lock-on when operated inside airline cockpits: true. Should be quite a common situation, applicable to many other aviation gps receiver; most of cockpit windows are golden layer antice or defog provided, thus preventing (hopefully) cosmic radiation. I experienced many jamming situations and I do prefer a slightly less sensitive receiver but more jamming resistant.
I have been using aviation Garmin gps since 1996, since Navstar constellation obtained full operational capability. This device is one of most flexible and configurable I ever had.
The resolution on the moving map is so bad that its almost useless. I keep losing the GPS in my rental Cessna 172, maybe due to the high wing. I lose GPS a lot while doing maneuvers like turns around and point and s-turns at 1000ft in a high wing. I haven't used it on a cross country flight yet as I am practicing for my check ride right now.
It does what it says and I am glad I bought it but I hope they come out with an improved version with a nicer display and a smaller and more classic form factor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought it as a gift for a pilot in training. He wears it often and genuinely likes it. Looks good and works well, but the app to pair with it is expensive for him. Read morePublished 1 month ago by R. setha
First off, I am not a pilot. After doing quite a bit of research I decided to purchase this watch for very specific purposes being a Flight Paramedic. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Matthew Capria
Poor reception and unreliable GPS/ALT/Bar sensors..
It a novelty watch. You're better off with one of the latest tablets that have the same but better sensors.. apps..
This is a very nice watch but not practical for in plane use! Just purchased and used it twice and had hard time in 172Published 3 months ago by destnie herndon
This could be the worst Gamin product I have ever bought. The GPS takes FOREVER to set up. It is a confusing watch I wish I could return it. Hard to understand and use. Read morePublished 7 months ago by David Karren