Garmin Vivosmart 3, Black, S/M
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- The thinnest HR-equipped activity tracker from Garmin at 4mm thinner and more form fitting than vívosmart HR; Strap material: silicone
- While not in use, the discreet display disappears into the device so as not to overshadow your style. Display size: 0.38 x 0.76 inches, Display resolution: 64 x 128 pixels
- Measures VO2 Max, which is widely recognized as an excellent measure of your aerobic fitness and should increase as your fitness improves
- Stress monitoring enables users to see periods of elevated stress or restful recovery
- New strength training activity will count sets, reps, and rest times and will push them to Garmin Connect for review
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $13.00.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Your activity tracker doesn’t define you, but what you do with it certainly can. That’s why vívosmart 3 features a discreet but attractive profile to help it fit right in with any fashion, and its smart features keep you on your toes. Track activity, monitor your heart rate, get smart notifications, and even access detailed fitness monitoring tools such as VO2 max estimate and your fitness age.
Smart Activity Tracker with Wrist-based Heart Rate and Fitness Monitoring Tools
- Includes fitness monitoring tools such as VO2 max, fitness age and strength training
- Monitor wellness with all-day stress tracking and the relaxation-based breathing timer
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring with Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Tracks steps, floors climbed, calories burned, intensity minutes, sleep and more
- Safe for swimming and showering
- Battery life: up to 5 days
Subtle, Stylish and Smart
Your sense of style is uniquely you. Let vívosmart 3 complement that style without trying to overshadow it. Featuring a slim, inconspicuous band, vívosmart 3 is as hip as anything in your closet. Even better, it’s a master of subtlety. The tracker’s hidden display is only visible when you want it to be. When you’re not using it, it disappears into the device. It’s the perfect companion for the office, the gym, the pool and everywhere in between.
Daily Fitness Monitoring
Thanks to Elevate wrist-based heart rate technology¹, vívosmart 3 activity tracker is full of great features that let you get a better idea of your current fitness level. For example, it’s our first dedicated activity tracker to offer VO2 max estimate. It can even estimate your fitness age, which you may be able to decrease over time with hard work and regular exercise.
vívosmart 3 tracks heart rate variability (HRV), which is used to calculate and display your stress level. You can look at this graph right on your device anytime you’re sitting or at rest. When the level starts to move up, it indicates that your stress is getting higher. What causes this? Any number of physical or emotional external sources. vívosmart 3 helps you recognize when this is happening so you can find a way to relieve the stress.
Your Personal Rep Counter
Gym rats, rejoice. We’re adding a companion to your workout — or more specifically, a companion that’s great at keeping count. When you start a strength training activity on vívosmart 3, the device will capture your exercises, reps and sets along with your work and rest times so you can leave the notebook at home. That data gets pushed to Garmin Connect during your next sync so you can review your workout in even greater detail.
Smart Notifications and Smarter Features
To help keep up with your busy lifestyle, you can view emails, text messages and social network notifications right on your wrist. Other features that help you stay linked with life include automatic uploads to Garmin Connect and compatibility with TrueUp, which lets you synchronize multiple activity trackers. The ability to find your phone and music controls are also available right at the wrist.
|vivofit 3||vivosmart HR||vivosmart HR+||vivosmart 3|
|Battery Life||Up to 1 year||Up to 5 days||Up to 5 days||Up to 5 days|
|VO2 Max & Fitness Age||✓|
|All Day Stress Level||✓|
Garmin Vivosmart 3, Black, S/M
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
CONS: Display can be hard to see in direct sunlight. The build quality, specifically the strap, is not well made. App can sometimes be finicky to connect via bluetooth and takes a few attempts to connect. Battery life is average. Usually lasts 4 days with 1 hr of exercise use each day before needing to recharge.
Purchased in May 2017. I pretty much wore it everyday and would only remove when showering, lifting weights since I didn't want to damage it on a bar, or needing to recharge battery. Never dropped, nor do I participate in full contact sports. I mainly jog, walk and occasionally lift weights 3 to 4x a week.
About 5 months in I noticed one day while connecting the tracker to the charger to recharge, the strap had become loose and was close to falling off completely. I included a picture to show what I am talking about. This was on both ends. I started to look online into buying a replacement strap when I discovered that this particular model of Garmin's activity trackers did not have that option.
I contacted Garmin directly and they confirmed that the strap on the Vivosmart 3 was indeed not interchangeable. My unit was still under warranty and they promptly sent me a replacement unit after I sent my unit back. I did have to pay for the shipping cost to send it them but they sent overnight my replacement as soon as they received my old unit, free of charge.
It's now almost 2 months in with the replacement unit and the strap is again starting to show signs of it falling apart. Unfortunately Garmin told me that the warranty is only good for 1 replacement and there is nothing they can do. I will be trying to fix it with some glue and hope it keeps it together. Aside from the strap issues, I do like the tracker. App is easy to use and the functionality of the device is great. I would easily have given 5 stars if not for the strap problems.
UPDATE: March 2018, The glue attempt did not last. The strap continued deteriorating and finally got so bad that I could no longer wear it. I will hesitate buying Garmin products in the future.
- Fit - I'm a 5'7" 170 lb. male, and this fits me just fine. They recommend the device remain snug about 1-1.5" above your wrist for proper monitoring. The device fits fine with about 6 "notches" to spare. It's also very lightweight and easy to forget it's on my wrist.
- Heart Rate: Tracks well throughout the day, and it's also pretty accurate. Using a HR monitor at the gym and comparing it to what the Vivosmart detected, they were within 2 BPM of each other. It also detects HR throughout the day for stress monitoring and for getting a general average.
- Steps\Distance: Went for a hike and used a separate app to track my trail\distance\time. I was shocked when the tracking app matched the Vivosmart distance tracking, 3.01 miles on both! I like the accuracy of distance traveled and the device seems to track steps very well.
- Sleep tracking - the band has a nice breakdown of light and deep sleep, but also lets you edit your times. If youre sitting idle before going to bed (perhaps watching TV), the inactivity shows as light sleep in the app, but you can alter that for when you know you actually hit the hay.
- Battery Life: I've gotten 4-5 days per charge, and charge time is quick.. typically under an hour
- Multifunctional - Tracking an activity is quick, just double tap to turn on the device, press and hold to get to activity tracking, and then choose a basic category, walk, run, cardio or strength training. What I like is for bike rides, I can choose cardio, I get all the fitness monitoring, but in the app I can categorize as a cycling activity, provide distance traveled, and the rest of the metrics fill in for me. I also like the fact that when I'm in the yard playing with my kid, I don't need to choose a particular activity, it still monitor's heartrate and such, so I get a feel for how much activity I get and how much general "moving" I do...
The Garmin Connect App - while universal to all of their fitness trackers - is really good. I like the detail it provides and find it easy to use. I know this is a review for the Vivosmart 3, but a good band with a crappy app can lead to a bad experience, and that isn't the case, I've liked using the app and found syncing to be quick (30 seconds or less).
To be clear, this is my first fitness tracker, so perhaps these functions are out of box on most bands now (but I don't think thats the case), but for me, I'm happy to have dropped $150 on this device.
Great device poor design with the band. Don't BUY!