BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 10, 2012
I bought this for a Garmin eTrex 30.

What I like:
1. Neoprene material seems durable as does the piping on the edges.
2. Built in clip on the back works great and is sturdy

What I don't like:

1. The shape of the cover gives access to the navigation button on the front of the eTrex. At first I thought it was a bit awkward because the cover is right next to the button, but actually worked fine out in the wild. It fits reasonably well, though could be a bit tighter.
2. The hole at the bottom of the case does not line up with the lanyard loop on bottom of the eTrex. Again, nothing major, just a fit and finish detail.
3. The clear plastic screen cover will fog up if any water gets in (which happens frequently in the Pac NW). I typically have to pull it out of the case to see the screen clearly. This is annoying.
4. Velcro - the most overrated outdoor fastener. Eventually, like all Velcro/Hook & Loop fasteners, this one too will fray to the point of needing replacement.

Overall it gets the job done. In retrospect, probably would have purchased the Garmin hard platsic clip that attaches on back of the eTrex and get a screen protector film to avoid scratching the screen. The Garmin clip looks like it would have made for a lower profile, and would have avoided the whole screen fogging dilemma.

For notes on how I use the case: I keep a lanyard on my eTrex and hook it to a shoulder strap loop on my Camelback Fourteener. I swapped the lanyard from an old camera. It is about 8 inches long, which is perfect length to unhook for a quick bearing during a hike. I really like this setup so have included a photo for reference in the product detail page. Happy hiking!
review image
on March 23, 2016
I bought this for the Garmin eTrex 10. It is a nice looking case and I feel it would protect the device inside a backpack. The clip seems flimsy, but I never had a chance to try it. My eTrex 10 didn't even fit into the case properly. The case is way to large, I can put my thumb into the gap between the top of the device and still velcro it closed. I don't blame Garmin though, my official Garmin packaging says it fits the eTrex H, eTrex Legend, eTrex Vista, eTrex Venture, and eTrex Summit.
on September 22, 2017
The case does not fit eTrex 20x very well. It definitely is not form fitting. There is about 1/2 to 3/4" gap for the unit to slide up and down while in the case. In addition, the hole on the bottom of the case to allow the lanyard through, it does not line up with the lanyard attachment area of the gps unit. I would not trust the case to securely hold my unit. I will look for an off brand alternative, which I shouldn't have to do.
on September 16, 2017
I was surprised that this case covered the screen significantly . Access to the buttons is good, but I needed to have a full view of the screen for paragliding . This case is being returned . If you don't need to see the whole screen, this might work for you . For me it is a dud.
on July 21, 2016
You can put the eTrex in the case and take it out one-handed, leaving the case on your belt. Mine is fraying and almost failed, but I've been using it daily (yes, I wear a GPS receiver everywhere) for almost 4 years.

Be careful that you get the case with the clip on the back that you can put the eTrex into, rather than the one that has a clip that attaches to the eTrex, Garmin 010-11734-00 eTrex Carrying Case. (I tried to buy another one of these and ended up with the external clip version; I don't remember if I decided to try that because I couldn't order this one, or if I thought I was ordering this and got the other.)
on May 13, 2017
Just what I needed. Just what I expected. Would buy again.
on April 30, 2013
I bought the case with the eTrex 30 unit, and when I first tried to fit the GPS into the case it doesn't even fill the case completely. When the Velcro is fastened there is about an extra half inch of space between the top of the unit and the top of the case. This allows for a lot of movement. The buttons on the side are easily reached, but also feel very exposed since the case doesn't cover the top corners of the device. The joystick on the front is pretty difficult to use as the case sits rights against it and it as thick as the joystick is tall. The belt clip has little to value for anything more active than walking since it can just slide around or fall off in lifted in any way. The wrist strap whole in the bottom of the case is usable, but almost a half inch from the actual attachment point for the wrist strap. The screen covers the enough of the top of the screen to be frustrating, but leaves more than a quarter of an inch for the Garmin logo to be displayed properly. It does provide good protection for the areas covered by the case, but I would not recommend this product for the eTrex 30 device.
on May 11, 2017
Product performed as described.
on October 2, 2016
Not a great fit, especially considering that it's supposed to be a genuine Garmin accessory. The window is too low and the neoprene obscures the top of the screen. At the same time, it's loose. If the part that wraps around the top were snug, it might fix the screen window problem. Doesn't protect the upper sides or corners. Not a very good design.
on June 4, 2017
Fit ok but not snug

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.