Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Garmin Heart Rate Monitor
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible With The Edge 305Hr And The Edgecad
- Heart Beats Per Minute Wirelessly Transmitted to the Forerunner 50
- Effectively Tracks and Records your Heart Rate While you Workout
- Provides Instant Feedback about How Hard your Heart is Working
- 0.35 Lbs (WxLxH) 2.5" x 3.0" x 2.74"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Garmin Premium Heart Rate Monitor (Soft Strap)
Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone & Android
Polar 92053125 T31 Coded Transmitter and Belt Set
Polar OH1 Heart Rate Monitor Armband
Scosche RHYTHM+ Heart Rate Monitor with Armband, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Fitness On The Run|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Color||Black||Black||Blue, White, Black||Black||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||2.74 x 3 x 2.5 in||2.75 x 5.51 x 2.24 in||6.69 x 4.72 x 0.91 in||0.04 x 0.04 x 0.04 in||—||0.25 x 0.38 x 0.38 in|
|Item Weight||4.23 ounces||1.76 ounces||—||0.35 ounces||2.72 ounces||4 ounces|
|Lithium-Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries packed with equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment|
|Size||universal||—||one size fits all||—||Medium-XXL||Various|
Get a quality workout with our heart rate monitor. When worn around your chest during an activity, it wirelessly transmits your heart rate to your compatible device for instant feedback on how hard you’re working.
The front part of the strap contains the heart rate module and is made of flexible plastic. The part of the strap that goes around your back is made of a soft fabric and is adjustable to your size.
Use and care of the heart rate monitor is a snap. Once it's paired with your compatible device the first time, it will automatically recognize it each time. The fabric of the strap can be removed and hand-washed as often as needed.
- Water Resistance: 32.9 ft (10 m)*
- Battery: User-replaceable size CR2032 (3 volts)
- Battery Life: Approximately 3 years (based on average use of 1 hour per day)
- Operating Temperature: 14°F–122°F (-10°C–50°C)**
- Radio Frequency/Protocol: 2.4 GHz ANT wireless communications protocol
- Range: 3 m
*Does not transmit heart rate data to your device while swimming.
**In cold conditions, wear warm clothing to keep the heart rate monitor close to your body temperature.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The fancier/nicer Garmin HR-RUN/TRI (red or blue units) sensors don't seem to work with the Concept2 rower, as it won't detect them.
This one is just basic HR, and pairs just fine.
It has no problem providing HR data to multiple receivers simultaneously. The replacement elastic straps are cheap enough to replace as needed.
This Garmin HR strap use the ANT+ protocol, not Bluetooth. Please make sure your smartphone supports it. Newer Samsung devices such as S4 and Note3 as I have both of them. ANT+ is better than BT in my opinion because it is very lower power consumption. Additionally your smartphone application has to be able to read the ANT+ API which is a developer support issues. I believe they sell an ANT+ to BT adapter for some devices if you are really want to use this strap.
Update 8/13 (4 months later):
When your Garmin strap fails, and *IT WILL* no matter how much you take care of it. Don't despair, get this replacement band (Polar Soft Strap Set for less $20) and attach your Garmin ANT+ device to it. The Polar strap is just the strap, not the Polar device+strap unit. Garmin unit works like and charm, and the Polar strap has much better build quality and sensor pads than the original Garmin.
Now, when I begin an activity (usually running), it automatically links the HRM to track heart rate more accurately than the watch can with the wrist. Band is surprisingly comfortable to wear. I thought the flexible strap with the snap on monitor would be better, but this works just fine. The front third is a flexible soft rubber that fits beneath your rib cage and the rest is the typical elastic band you would expect to wrap around. I don't know about durability, but based on the reviews I've read, this one should last quite a bit longer than the all elastic version. So far, no complaints and I've had no problems after the first three weeks of use.
Here are the reasons:
1) Super durable,I've had this one for years. The soft straps wind up breaking after a few months of use or just cease to read well.
2) The batter is very easy to change. The biggest problem with the soft strap monitors is that when it comes time to replace the battery you need to unscrew these little baby screws from the device. The screws are so weak and it's very easy to strip them. This heart rate strap has a very simple design,any coin can be used to unscrew the device to get to the battery. Stripping is not possible unless you purposely do it.
3) Maybe it's just me but I get better readings using the hard strap vs the soft strap.
4) Cheaper than soft strap. I know people tend to go for the lightest high tech thing out there,but this thing is solid. Yes you can feel it on your chest more than a soft strap,but who cares. Eventually you get used to it.
This comes from someone who runs between 60-75 miles a week depending on the time of the year
Does not pair with any current Garmin ANT + apps on Google Play. Compatible App "Garmin Fit" (which supposedly picks up the ANT + signal direct to the android phone) DOES NOT EXIST. All other apps fail to recognize.. Telephone wait time is 56 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes and telephone number has to be found through internet search.
The Wahoo TICKR app will identify the chest straps ANT + signal directly to my phone. Not only that, but it would give me an accurate heart rate with a 4 bar signal!. Because all I was looking for was an accurate heart rate monitor for when I was on an elliptical or treadmill, for less than $15 this will work for me. I just shut off automatic updates on the Wahoo app just in case Wahoo gets tired of supporting Garmin's gear..
Also it will be the primary HR measurement when connected to your VivoActive HR.. you don’t even have to change the settings once you connect it.