Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Garmin Charging/Data Clip
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on June 30, 2014
This is the 3rd one I've purchased. The hinge break broke on the 1st and 2nd ones. I wish I had an alternative and a rebate.
20 helpful votes
21 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on March 14, 2015
I love my Garmin but hate this charger. I've had to purchase two additional ones because they keep breaking on me. You have to place the charger on the watch perfectly in order for the watch to charge. A slight bump of either the charger or the watch will knock it off and prevent it from charging. If the watch wasn't so expensive, I'd probably just replace it but it's more cost effective just to get new chargers.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on August 11, 2016
I would prefer not to give it one star. It happens to be about the third one I have ordered. which means 4 of them have broke. The contraption is very poorly made! a small bit of plastic keeps breaking which springs the spring and it does not work. As far as I know I need this to charge my Garmin that I use for golf. I have not had this last one very long! I am going away to golf and now I cannot use my garmin. Is there any other way to charge the garmin? I am a 76 year old woman and I am not handling this charging data clip roughly. I plug it in, which by the way, is not an easy task it has to be put on in such a way that all the duehickeys are lined up perfectly. When I go to get it in the morning it is broken!
I have found that I am able to connect the garmin to electricity by using a cheap plastic vice grip and it does charge the Garmin!
on June 23, 2014
The first charging clip that came with the watch broke with light use. The replacement clip broke with even lighter use. I decided to just rig the replacement clip to work using a rubber band. It works and I'm saving up money for the next expensive GPS device that likely will also come with a cheaply designed accessory such as this one.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on October 10, 2013
The replacement charger works fine; the issue is that it needed to be replaced in less than a year. This is a poorly designed recharging system and greatly detracts from the overall value of the product. The watch works great on the course and is very accurate. The recharging system is clumsy and the original charger broke at the hinge in less than a year.
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on April 5, 2017
I use this to charge my Garmin S1 Approach GPS watch. I’ve had to purchase 4 chargers during the 5 years I have owned the Garmin S1. The chargers all broke in the same place. The weak spot is the plastic pivot point. My wife also uses a Garmin charger for her Garmin S1 GS watch and her chargers break in the same manner.
on April 28, 2017
The clip on my original charger failed. This appears to be an identical product. Works fine. UPDATE: The charger that came with my Garmin lasted for 3 years and 4 months. This charger worked fine until it broke only 9 months after I purchased it. Went to remove my charged Garmin and found that the clip had broken. Had to put rubber band on it to charge my Garmin.
on September 25, 2016
Was so bummed when I lost the charger to my watch, because otherwise the watch was working fine. I know there are so many newer versions with multiple functions but all I need is basic yardage. This replacement charger works perfectly- if anything better than the original because the the connection pins on the original was starting to act up and I would have to triple check it was connected properly otherwise it wouldn't charge. This one works great so far.
on July 18, 2017
These are amazing but the spring needs to be recreated as they break easily which is why I had to get a second one.
on March 23, 2015
Im guessing since its discontinued, there may be a reason for it and im guessing its because of this clip. I love everything Garmin but the design of the clip is questionable with the amount of complaints about it breaking, im just glad there are replacements out there for us still using the Forerunner series watches. Mine broke at the plastic where it holds the spring in place which it seems from all the reviews is not uncommon. Like many others I was not rough with it at all, the plastic just fatigues over time from the stress. Garmin should stick the the usb connection all the other devices use.