Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 112 reviews
on June 4, 2016
Perfect pairing for my Garmin 310XT watch. If you own a Garmin 310XT and both cycle and run, this quick release mounting kit is just what you need. It does make your watch a little bulkier, but it really saves you on the bike. I do not remember what the watch felt like without the wristband adapter, because I never used the watch without it, but I do not experience any discomfort with the wristband adapter. Both mounts securely hold on to the watch face. I have used it to run and swim in lakes and never had issues. The installation was a little finicky, but nothing you can't overcome. You will need a very small flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers to make it happen. The adapter allows you to easily transition the watch face to the bike mount in seconds with a quick 90 degree turn on both mounting apparatuses. This is an ideal solution for the triathlete who wants to be able to use their Garmin 310XT as a bike computer. Highly recommend.
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 12, 2011
This thing is sweet! Garmin finally got a ForeRunner quick release bracket right. In fact, the next step should be to mold the bracket right into the back of the watch to decrease the bulk. The strap is the same high quality at the strap that came with the watch. The little band that holds the strap down next to the buckle has two notches to keep it from sliding off and allowing the strap to flip up and get in the way. The bike bracket fits snugly on the handle bars or as I use it, on the handlebar stem. The watch clicks in and out of the watch bracket or bike bracket very smoothly but not too easily as to fly off the bike after hitting a bump. The bracket has not started to loosen with wear (about three months). The only down side is, the watch bracket is sorta thick giving the watch a high profile on my wrist. Overall a great product that I highly recommend.
on September 2, 2014
Bought this quick release for my recently purchased Garmin 310xt watch. The bike mount is a nice upgrade over the quick release for the 305 model. For one, it is lower profile and takes up less space on the handle bars. And second, this version allows you to mount the bracket on the stem, whereas previous models only allowed a handle bar mount. It is very easy to mount and remove the watch at the quick release. The watch strap is a little hard to work with, as it has a couple of rubber pieces intended to insert into the holes to keep it from slipping, making it hard to take the watch off if you put it on too tight. Very happy with my purchase so far, 2-3 months after I started using it.
on May 26, 2014
The mounting kit arrived well packaged and in good condition in Garmin Packaging with instructions. The instructions are clear,although it takes a moment to visualize attaching the mount with the rubber mounts to the handlebar. I have used it on a 25 mile ride followed by a run and it holds securely to the bike . When you transition to the run you just give it a firn counterclockwise twist and it comes off to be put onto your wristband.

In order for it to snap into your wristband you have an adapter mount which makes the watch bulkier, but it works.
There are other options, but for less than $20.00 it works great.
on March 13, 2012
I bought this item to bike with the Forerunner 310 XT attached to my bike so I may read and access easily. This product fulfills all hopes that I had.

If you spent $300 + on a watch, then this is definitely worth it. I purchased a road bike about three weeks ago and then spent about $300 on Amazon getting random accessories: shoes, new pedals, water bottle holder, shorts, helmet, etc. One of those accessories I purchased was this kit, as I already had the Forerunner, so I thought why not.

This has proved itself soooo much. Before I received the kit I would simply wear the watch. That was a bad idea as it really messes with your pose to check your watch and you can not look very long and you are not steady when you do so. You certainly can't mess with the buttons very effectively. Once this came all that changed.

Installation was somewhat a pain, but that is because you are working with small watch pins. MAKE SURE NOT TO LOSE THESE AS YOU WILL BE SOL. Beyond that, once installed it is easy. And the installation on the bike was a jiffy, it was installing the watch bracket to the watch band that was difficult to me. I do not think the bracket adds much bulk to the watch, and it isn't like you bought the watch to be fashionable in the first place.

Personally, I am really happy with this purchase. I use my watch much more so now and love looking on Garmin Connect looking at all my progress.

Pros: Functional, affordable, cheap, as described, expands watch usage, allows to monitor whatever the Forerunner is capable of while riding.

Cons: Installation (And don't let this seem big at all, it wasn't, but if there was a down side this is it).

Definitely give my stamp of approval and definitely recommend this.
on February 9, 2014
I switched from the Forerunner 305, so the 310xt felt very light and small on my wrist when I first got it. I wanted a quick release system to be able to switch between run and bike, and also to tuck the main unit in a swim cap for open water swims. Unlike prior versions which apparently came with a black wrist strap, this system uses the existing straps on the 310xt and attaches them to a quick release base. This adds some height and bulk to the watch, a little over 1/4 inch I would estimate. For me it's worth it to be able to switch quickly between sports, but if you are mainly a runner and an occasional cyclist, I would opt for the bike mounting kit that allows you to just strap the watch onto your handlebars.

I wasn't expecting it, but mine came with 2 quick release bases so I was able to put one on the mountain bike and one on the road bike. The pictures only show one bike base, so maybe I just got lucky.
on October 3, 2013
This does make it a quick switch from wristband to bike however I wish I hadn't wasted my money and had simply purchased the "Garmin Forerunner Bicycle Mount Kit" first which allows you to simply wrap the watch over the handlebars. The watch, as it initially comes, is already too cumbersome; I put up with it though because it has some awesome features and it's effective. Adding the quick release to watch made it even larger and it also flattened out the back of the watch making it difficult to actually tighten the band. Not being able the tighten the band enough anymore, the cumbersome hulk jumps around on me. I appreciate that plenty of folks enjoyed it but the quick release added even more bulk and changed to shape to be even less comfortable. Further, the mechanics required to twist the watch off the band made it clear that I'd have to replace the band eventually. 5-stars for the watch itself but only 2 for this accessory. It's great on the bike, I can just snap on and go.
on May 18, 2014
Slick! Quick disconnect design works extremely well. When wearing the Garmin 310XT GPS biking/running device on my wrist with this is actually more comfortable than the original 310XT with mounting straps without the quick-disconnect. One of the pins supplied had bad threads with prevented the final assembly of the watch bands to the quick-disconnect wrist holder. I called Garmin, described the issue, and they quickly mailed me a replacement pin, no charge. Excellent service! Only reason I didn't rate it a 5 star is that the instructions were a little terse, but I had the good fortune to see a friends installation which helped quite a bit. Also, while they very-conveniently supplied a tool to remove the original watch band pins, finding a very small jeweler's phillips head screwdriver to complete the assembly was problematic. This could easily have been supplied.
on July 16, 2014
Great product, works just as expected. The watch does sit higher on your wrist, but I haven't found this to be an issue at all. It still feels fine while running and swimming (on wrist). I haven't tried the swimcap method, but I assume this would work fine. The cycling mount is also great. It comes with 2 bike mounts so you can put one on a training bike and race bike, or if you only have a single bike like me, you have a spare. The kit also comes with 8 rubber bands (4 large, 4 small) so you will have 6 (or 4 if using 2 bikes) left over in the event that one would break. However, these are very heavy duty and don't seem like they will be breaking soon. I have yet to use this in a race, but seems like it should work just fine as training has been going great.
on May 9, 2012
I bought this for two reasons. First, the original bike mount for my Edge 500 bike computer snapped. Second, I wanted to use the same GPS for running and save a couple hundred dollars.

This package came with not just one, but two bike mounts, identical to the one I was replacing. Great for a 2nd bike or in case another one snaps.

The wrist attachment attaches easily to any watch band and is also compatible with the Edge GPS. It comes with rods that screw (instead of spring) closed, so there's no chance of a standard watch spring rod popping loose. The kit also includes a tool for removing a watch's spring rods that works brilliantly. It's a good thing to keep around for future use...

The only downside is that the when the Edge GPS is locked in place on a standard watch band, its axis is rotated 90 degrees from ideal. I find it's still plenty secure at 45 degrees, though, so it's acceptable when I wear it that way. The kit was intended for a 310XT (not the Edge), though, so I really can't complain.