3-Year GPS Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Garmin Nuvi 2589LMT North America with Lifetime Map Updates and Traffic Avoidance
|Price:||$140.70 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$89.29 (39%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 5” glass, pinch to zoom display with dual-orientation
- FOURSQUARE - Search million of additional new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
- Direct Access - Simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like malls and airports
- LIFETIME MAP UPDATES - Businesses open and close. New roads are built. Be confident your routes reflect the latest map data available. LIFETIME TRAFFIC - Free lifetime traffic avoidance, no ads or subscription fees
- Bluetooth with Smartphone Link Capatibility and Voice Activated Navigation
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
nüvi 2589LMT has a bright 5.0-inch display with pinch-to-zoom capability, so you can quickly get a closer look at any onscreen information. Dual-orientation allows you to use nüvi 2589LMT either horizontally or vertically.
Advanced GPS Car Navigation
nüvi Advanced Series automotive navigators do not rely on cellular signals. nüvi is available with your choice of 5 inch, 6 inch or 7 inch display. All models feature maps of North America with lifetime updates and traffic alerts.
- 5.0-inch pinch-to-zoom, dual-orientation display
- Detailed maps of North America with free lifetime map updates and traffic avoidance
- Find new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
- Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling
- Voice-activated navigation allows you to keep your hands on the wheel
Free Lifetime Traffic Avoidance
With Garmin traffic, your driving map remains onscreen at all times. Traffic alerts appear to the side of your map and messages are spoken, too.
Easily find places Up Ahead, like food and gas stations, without leaving the map.
Voice-activated navigation lets you control nüvi with your voice while your hands stay on the wheel.
Bluetooth technology provides wireless connectivity for hands-free calling.
Active Lane Guidance
Hear voice prompts and see bright arrows that indicate the proper lane needed for your next maneuver.
Smartphone Link Compatible
Download the Smartphone Link app to your iPhone or Android device for access to real-time services like live weather radar and more (some services require purchase).
Simplifies navigating to select complex destinations such as malls and airports.
Garmin Real Directions
Spoken Garmin Real Directions guide you like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights.
Add a Wireless Backup Camera
For a complete navigation solution, add the BC 30 wireless backup camera (sold separately. Professional installation recommended).
|Active Lane Guidance||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Traffic compatible||✔||✔||✔||HD Digital Traffic|
|Smartphone Link Compatible||✔||✔|
|Backup camera compatible||✔||✔||✔|
nüvi Advanced Series automotive navigators do not rely on cellular signals. nüvi is available with your choice of 5”, 6” or 7”display. All models feature maps of North America with lifetime1 updates and traffic2 alerts. Spoken Garmin Real Directionsguide like a friend using landmarks and traffic lights. Foursquare helps you find new and popular restaurants, shops and more.Direct Access simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like malls and airports. Up Ahead lets you easily find places,like food and gas stations, without leaving the map. nüvi displays current street, speed, speed limit and arrival time. Also givesschool zone alerts. Optional features, available on select nüvi models only, include: Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling3,voice-activated navigation, Smartphone Link4 compatibility and HD Digital Traffic, the best traffic avoidance available from Garmin.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The first thing that caught my attention after migrating, when I plugged the 2599LMTHD to my computer and ran Garmin Express to update the maps, I noticed that GPS arrived with the Internal Memory at 1.8GB free and 75% full. After updating to the latest map and other recommended updates, the unit ended with 1.7GB free and 77% full.
The old unit, after 3 loyal years of service was almost full as well, but I eliminated all the unnecessary languages and keyboards and extras, I still managed to squeeze out 2.2GB free and 70% full.
Perhaps the reason for the internal memory to come almost full, is that the maps are much more detailed and shows much more information, including WHAT STREET you are DRIVING on CURRENTLY. Also noteworthy is the WHATS AHEAD function, which is customizeable to show Banks, Fuel Stations, Restaurants, in your desired order.
1) 5 inch screen is much more adequate at showing relevant info of the surrounding area around you. It gets the same 2 hour stand-alone operation without charging as the older 4.3 inch unit, specially useful when plotting your next set of destinations at the hotel, without cables tangling you.
2) Spoken Directions are much more natural and sounds less robotic even at higher volume, thanks to a larger speaker (which by the way adds to the overall width of the PND at 11/16 inch)
3) Clean and intuitive user interface (classic Garmin advantage over many brands I have used), highly customizable screen and functions.
4) Foursquare app, where you can get reviews of fellow people, so you dont get punked at the wrong establishment at an unfamiliar location.
5) Pinch to zoom capability instead of tapping a + sign at the corner of the screen and re-centering the screen manually.
6) I specifically like this new function: you can point anywhere in the screen, and the unit tell you the exact address (specially useful when the address is sometimes off by tens of yards, typical in foreign addresses, OR when the address doesnt match that of google maps). In the old unit, you could only see the location you specified, and if you wanted to know what was the name of the next street and touched the screen, all you got was zoom-in the map.
7) Finally you can choose what type of format you want your coordinates to be shown, I personally like the same format as google maps, which is:
h ddd.ddddd I was very frustrated by the different formats my old unit and google had, often times leading to different map outcomes. Now I can just input Google Maps coordinates, and the two outcome maps are the same.
8) Smartphone Link Capability also allows your GPS to communicate with your smartphone, albeit at a cost, to send Google Map coordinates directly to your GPS, as well as other functions such as advanced weather and traffic.
9) Fast link to satellite, around 15-20 seconds.
10) No more ads with Traffic Service.
11) Same great map coverage: USA, Canada and Mexico.
1) Mini USB vs Micro USB in my old unit, with the need to pack 1 more cable during your trips.
2) Since the power cable is attached to the GPS at 90 degrees, rather than the mounting base as the old unit (adding to the overall width of the product), I find it much harder to detach and re-attach the unit.
3) No RECALCULATING message, they are useful in lonely highways, where the next exit might be 10-20 miles ahead, so someone can hear the warning without having to drive way too far before realizing they overshot their destination by many unnecessary miles. This is a contentious feature, as probably 50% of people love this feature, and the other 50% find it annoying. Hey Garmin?? Why not let people decide if they want to hear or not this message? Then everybody would be happy camp...
4) The internal memory arrived almost full (with internal memory very cheap, Garmin should address this), but with todays low cost of the micro-SD cards, it is a minor gripe. I suggest you buy minimum an 8GB class 6 or above for this matter.
For having much more positives than negatives, and for advancing the User Interface as well as new useful features, all in all, a solid 4.5 Star product.
Hope this Review helps potential fellow buyers.