- Size (LWH): 0.6 inches, 4.8 inches, 2.9 inches
- Weight: 8 ounces
Garmin nuvi 2455LT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic Updates (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 4.3-inch LCD display
- Over 8 million points of interest and see branded icons on the map as you navigate. Lane assist with photoReal junction views.
- Park position recall - find your car where you left it.
- Speed limit indicator - unit displays speed limits for most major roads.
- Lifetime traffic updates
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Get Turn-by-Turn Directions
Garmin Guidance 2.0's intuitive interface greets you with two simple choices: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the screen to easily look up addresses and services and to be guided to your destination with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names. It comes preloaded with maps for North America. It also includes more than 8 million points of interest and offers the ability to add your own.
Avoid Traffic Tie-ups
With FREE lifetime traffic updates from 3D Traffic, our most extensive traffic avoidance system, nüvi 2455LT can help you avoid delays. We check traffic conditions more than 2 billion times each month, so you can easily reroute around congestion and arrive on time.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
Now there’s no more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Available in select metropolitan areas, photoReal junction view makes unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. When you approach an exit or interchange, nüvi 2455LT will enter split screen mode and show you a realistic depiction of junctions on your route, complete with road signs and arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation.
Go Beyond Navigation
Point-to-point navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 2455LT features a microSD™ card slot so you can store and use detailed cityXplorer™ maps or download custom voices and vehicles for free from the Garmin Garage. Dual-orientation functionality lets you hold the nüvi vertically or horizontally for added convenience while driving or walking. The "Where Am I?" emergency locator provides your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and more. And Enhanced Exit Services tells you what services you’re approaching on the highway.
What's in the Box:
- nüvi 2455LT
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas)
- Lifetime traffic¹ (indicated by "LT" after model number on the box)
- 3D traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount²
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
¹FREE lifetime traffic updates may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product. Lifetime traffic extends for the useful life of your Garmin traffic receiver (as long as you own a compatible Garmin GPS) or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier, whichever is shorter. Traffic content not available for all areas. See traffic coverage areas.
Top Customer Reviews
-The lag time communicating with satellites. Sometimes it cannot find them at all.
-It often does not correctly show where I am located.
-Instead of showing me the closest businesses associated with my search (even if I type in the business name), it sends me across town (for example I knew there was an IHOP within 2 miles, just didn't know exactly where, but the GPS directed me to an IHOP 14 miles away instead).
-It incorrectly calculates distances.
-The windshield mount does not "stick" to the windshield.
I have updated the maps and it didn't seem to make a difference. I will be returning this product and I'm still contemplating whether I want to try a different one of the same or if I should buy from a different manufacturer altogether.
We are familiar with sat nav systems and this one was a poor investment. It's being binned. Poor show Garmin.
1) The traffic update feature is a joke. It hugely over estimates traffic delays and takes me through diversion which would take 5 times longer than if I had got stuck in the traffic.
2) Incomplete directory. Just one instance to prove this point. I typed in DMV in the the search box and it did not find the DMV office 3 miles from my home. I tried expanding the acronym and didnt help. That was the day I decided to write this review.
3) Odd routes, for reasons I couldn't understand it will show up the weirdest routes from one place to another. I would test with my Tom Tom and on my Google Navigation on my phone and thye will be showing up something totally sensible.
Traffic alert technology and the way the GPS companies use that info has not matured as much as these companies claim.
This is a below average GPS which is probably worth half of what it is priced.
I am really really disappointed with this gps and am returning it. I'm a devout fan of garmin, but this is really garbage:
1. The instructions are virtually useless, the "quick setup" gives no info about synching or any typical set up issues.
2. Every single time you start it you have to go through 6 questions (language, text, disclaimers, okay garmin to collect info, on and on), every single time!
3. Lot's of cool features BUT the GPS is awful. I drove from San Diego to Del Mar, all the while my car navigation working perfectly and this thing never "found"
a satellite. I then drove another 22 miles to Poway and still it never acquired a satellite
4. Every time it boots it thinks it's in Kansas.
5. It shuts down the screen every couple of minutes even as it searches for satellite
6. Absolutely the WORST GPS ever....makes me want to look at Tom Tom again!
Most important, when I buy a GPS, I expect that at the very least, it will work as a GPS.
Strong "don't buy" recommendation!
Home you go "Toto" (Dorothy, Wizard of Oz)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This Garmin is very limited. Every route I enter (made in basecamp) is "to large" so basically it is useless unless you let is make its own routes.Published 21 months ago by Maarten
I need this Garmin to navigator to take me to other parts of the DC area that I was not familiar with. It was an emergency visit. This Portable GPS was just wonderful. Read morePublished on July 15, 2014 by Dutchess Brown
Its a European model and wasn't able to load North American maps, send it to Garmin w/ accessories , they send me back a new model w/o accessories ,now i'm waiting for them to send... Read morePublished on January 7, 2014 by adrach
met all expectations, have not updated maps yet, but expect perfection. i bought because my old one did not have canada maps.Published on September 11, 2013 by Adam M. Henry
for one thing it was to loud ( it of course could be turned down. also I found it unrealiable...I sent it back, but now I miss it. Read morePublished on August 4, 2013 by Jean D. Blaylock
When I bought the item, I thought it had lifetime map updates. But later found out it did not have lifetime map updates. Read morePublished on July 4, 2013 by H. Sharma
It is okay , but just to fast for my wife.
She'll get on to it sooner or later when we
go on more trips