Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 18, 2017
for the price I paid, this was a pretty good deal. Works good for a used unit. Had a small issue getting new maps, but my neighbor helped me out.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 22, 2012
I have had this product for 1 month, and so far so good. It provides clear directions most of the time. There are a couple places in town where it will give me odd directions and send me in an out of the way direction before sending me to the right place, but the vast majority of the time it does a good job.
on November 18, 2013
Worked great until upgraded software on-line. Touch screen has problems...Also lost voice but still shows files there to select. Tried to dl software again and just gets worse....
on October 25, 2013
Miss my lane assist, also doesn't tell me the posted speed limit. Also doesn't have cautions for going over the speed limit. Otherwise have large lettering and easy to see, has several options for voice. Is fast in getting my directions.
on February 18, 2013
Re: my previous review. Please ignore my previous review on the subject of defective product. I have just received an immediate response from Amazon and Essex Tech.They offered me an immediate refund on my purchase of the Garmin nuvi 1300LMT. However the buyer should be aware that this particular product has a long history of defective keyboards. Thank you for your courtesy, Victor Noeder
on November 28, 2012
I purchased this product for a long road trip following a wonderful three year relationship with another Garmin GPS system. When I received this GPS, there were only two voices available - my understanding is that most have MANY options - this was annoying, but not worth returning the system. Next, I noted that it takes up to ten minutes to find a signal - I live in a major city so I doubt the problem is a lack of towers. Still, I thought it would be ok to take on the trip because it was navigating fine around the city...in fact I loved the really up to date map and lifetime upgrade feature. Boy, was I wrong! About 200 miles into the trip, it started randomly redirecting us. For example, it tried to redirect us back to the highway that we were actually on, for over 100 miles. It also couldn't seem to find other major interstates, even when we were on them. Finally, on multiple occasions, we were not told to exit until after we had actually passed the off-ramp. Thankfully, Amazon has wonderful customer service and quickly responded to my complaint (hence why I did not give a single star rating), but buyer beware of this product!
on November 2, 2011
This is a great product. I've used it to drive across country, and it has surprisingly accurate ETAs. I also use it locally, to help avoid traffic. I have no problems with my GPS, and i would recommend it to anyone.
on February 6, 2013
I have the older bulkier Garmins they made a few years ago and recently bought this one. The verdict, the new 'sleek' Garmins absolutely stink. The screens are less sensitive. The keyboard buttons are tool small now. And the volume controller, which is important to be able to adjust on the fly, is now hidden within menus and no longer are a button on the side.

Beyond that, the "nuvis' are 'crappy', offer no noticeable improvements from the models from 2008, and Garmin is undoubtedly beginning their descent to obscurity.
on May 2, 2013
I bought this for my mom who is the least tech-savvy person I know. I did the set-up for her and updates and handed it over with minimal and basic instructions and she often calls to tell me just how happy she is to have this unit navigating for her!
on November 26, 2013
When I tried to select a location the screen would jump and not give me my selection. Had unit replaced by Garmin. New unit works fine.