Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 18, 2013
just got a garmin 3597. this case fits it perfect. i use this case to protect the unit after parked -- and i want to remove the garmin from the mount. fits great, easily portable. i like this case much better than the velcro case -- as that case is to "wide" for the sleek 3597. this case fits it much better. highly recommended!
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
I own a Garmin Nuvi 3597 LMTHD and this has so far been the best case available for it. The case itself is made from a premium quality leather with a magnetic clasping mechanism that is very secure when closed. I only have two complaints about this case:

1) The case is big, very big, much bigger than the 3597 which is quite annoying. I'd like Garmin to make a case with a smaller form factor that fits their 5 inch models snugly.

2) The powerful magnet in the clasp often snags the powerful magnet on the back of the 3597....which is annoying but certainly not a dealbreaker.

All around, this is a great case though, I've gotten used to the size, and I've adapted to opening the clasp in a manner that prevents it from coming into contact with the back of the device.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on March 26, 2016
Originally I didn't think I'd like this unit as much as I do. Previously I've used simple neoprene slip sleeves for my GPS but what I've found with the Garmin unit is because it's made of a more durable material that it protects better than the simple neoprene sleeves, especially if it bumps up against something with a sharp corner etc.
on October 10, 2013
The case is decent and fits the unit as it should.
What I regret is the lack of an internal pocket to hold additional cards. I travel a lot to the US, live in Central America, regularly go to Western Europe and will soon spend significant time in South East Asia.
This means three additional cards with maps, and there is no place to store them except the one in the unit.
If you only use it in the US or with a single external card, this is OK. Otherwise, well, good luck.
on June 4, 2014
I really like this case. Nice faux leather exterior finish. The magnetic closure is quick and secure. I prefer it to a velcro or zipper type closure. Also, inside is a smooth, soft surface so it won't scratch your GPS. My Garmin nuvi 3597 LMTHD fist perfectly. Would highly recommend.
on July 27, 2015
This works well for my Garmin. I have no complains. Keep in mind it is NOT genuine leather, but the PU supposed-to-look-like-leather-leather-but-really-doesn't. Actually, it doesn't really matter, because I keep in the glove compartment of my car and not on display.
on May 29, 2013
Very simple design but does the job. Won't protect against a fall but it will certainly protect your item from being scratched if you have the Nuvi 3597 LMTHD like I do. Buy it.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 8, 2016
Way too large for such a sleek product as the 3597. Instead, try the Garmin travel case which will hold everything, including the friction non-skid mount!
on August 3, 2014
I used to have a garmin nuvi 760 and the garmin case fitted snuggly and nicely without a clasp. This new one for nuvi 2598 although fits ok, the design is not as streamline and snug so it's slightly bulkier, case material is softer than the 760 case so it feels it doesn't offer as much protection.
on December 9, 2016
after six months magnet got dislodge from interior of case