Garmin Approach G7 Golf Course GPS
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Plays like Distance Gives The Golfer Distances To The Target, Adjusted For Uphill Or Downhill Shots
- Smart Notification Receive Email, Texts And Alerts From Your Iphone (4S Or Later) Directly On Your Golf Handheld
- Garmin Connect Online golf community lets you play, then share and compare your round; visit connect.garmin.com to find out more
- Club Advice Remembers how far you hit each club, and provides recommendations on which club to use based on your shot distances
- Big Numbers Mode For easy viewing on your screen, increase the font size for distances to the front, back and middle of the greens
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Garmin Approach G7 Golf Course GPS
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||National Golf||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||GPS Nation||Deal Source Network|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||2.1 x 0.8 x 3.7 in||2.1 x 0.6 x 4.4 in||0.8 x 2.1 x 3 in||0.8 x 2 x 3.8 in||1.8 x 0.56 x 1.8 in||1.8 x 0.56 x 1.8 in|
|Item Weight||3.36 ounces||4 ounces||3.2 ounces||3.2 ounces||1.6 ounces||1.6 ounces|
|Lithium-Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment|
Compact Golf GPS Packed With Features
- 2.6” color multi-touch display; compact design, tough and durable
- Preloaded with more than 30,000 international courses
- Precise distance to the front, back and middle of the green, plus layups and doglegs
- PlaysLike Distance gives golfers distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots
- Smart Notification allows you to receive email, texts and alerts on your handheld
The Approach G7 offers an entire weekend of GPS golf on a single charge. Experience precise distances for more than 30,000 international courses with free lifetime updates, PlaysLike Distances, Smart Notification, Big Numbers Mode, a rechargeable 15 hour battery and access to the online share-and-compare golf community within Garmin Connect™.
The Approach G7 offers an expanded range of features to help you take on any course. PlaysLike Distance gives golfers distances to the target, adjusted for uphill or downhill shots. Smart Notification lets you receive emails, texts and alerts, right on your handheld, even if you’re in the middle of the fairway. G7 receives the wireless signal from your iPhone® 4s or later, let’s you know you have a message, and displays the full text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it. Club Advice remembers how far you hit each club and makes a recommendation based on shot distance. For easier viewing, Big Numbers Mode increases the font size of the front, back and center distances.
More Scorecard Options
Approach G7 doubles as a digital scorecard for your foursome with scoring options for Stroke Play, Stableford, Skins and Match Play with adjustable handicaps.
See Targets and Track Stats
Colorful layup arcs at 100, 150, 200 and even 250 yards let you know exactly how far you need to hit when laying up. Touch Targeting lets you touch any point on the sunlight-readable display, and it shows the precise distance to that exact spot — fairway, hazard, landing area, or the front, middle and back of the green.
Enhanced stats keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round. Check your stats during the round, or download and print them from your computer afterwards.
Get on the Green
Zero in on the pin with Green View. Just tap the flag on the map to zoom in on the green — then you can drag the flag to position it where you see it, giving you more accurate yardage.
Garmin Connect Golf Community
Garmin Connect includes an online golf community that lets you play, then share and compare. Download your round and contrast it to your last round, track improvements to your handicap for every course you play. The Garmin Connect golf community can even assemble your ideal round, combining your best score for each hole to get your ideal 18 for that course.
Top customer reviews
I like the G7 in spite of the above and do recommend it.
One of the leagues that I play in uses a shotgun start. The G7 does not automatically find the starting hole if it is anything other than #1. You must advance the holes manually. This is an inconvenience and then you have to jump through hoops again when you pass through #18 and head to #1. You would think that this would be a simple item to implement in software.
Overall, I would recommend this to anyone.
Tips for use:
1. Develop a routine wherein you always connect to recharger when returning home. Once you come to depend upon it, it is frustrating not to have it available.
2. Start initializing while unloading your clubs from the car.