Garmin Approach X40 GPS Golf Band - Black/Gray
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- GPS receiver - high-sensitivity GPS acquires satellites quickly to Show distance to greens, Hazards and doglegs -even under Tree cover
- Auto shot - round analyzer measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on your Garmin connect account
- 24/7 Heart rate monitoring - Elevate wrist Heart rate technology allows you to track your Heart rate all day and night - Activity Tracking Accuracy (go to garmin.com/at accuracy)
- Activity Tracking - reminds you to stay active on or off the course with move bar alerts
- Battery life - rechargeable battery: up to 5 days in activity mode; up to 10 hours in GPS mode
- Regular: 5.4”-7.6” (136-192 mm) circumference X-large: 7.1"-8.8" (180-224 mm) circumference
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
You want to shoot better golf and take steps to improve your overall fitness and well-being. But you don't want to carry multiple devices. That's why our Approach X40 is the ideal solution. Preloaded with worldwide golf courses, it combines daily activity tracking with wrist-based heart rate plus vibrating smart notifications to keep you on the go.
Golf and Fitness Tracking Come Together in 1 Sleek Band
- Slim, lightweight GPS golf band with built-in Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Displays distances to front, back and middle of the green plus hazards
- AutoShot tracking measures your shot distances and auto-records detected shots
- Activity tracking shows steps, distance, calories burned, and activity intensity
- Receive vibrating smart notifications for incoming calls, texts and other alerts
Wrist-based Heart Rate
The golf band’s Elevate wrist heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist 24/7. That gives you the freedom to work out with no additional heart rate strap needed.
Game-changing Golf Guidance
Approach X40 is a true go-anywhere golfing partner. So, no matter where you’re teeing off, it knows where you are — and how far you are from the next pin.
Green View Display
Approach X40’s Green View display shows you the true shape and layout of the green, even if you’re behind it. You can manually reposition the pin to today’s location for accurate shot selection.
Never miss another important text, email or alert just because your smartphone is tucked away somewhere in your bag. Get smart notifications, right on your wristband.
Garmin Connect is the online golf community that lets you play, then share and compare. Download your round and contrast it to your last round; track improvements to your game for every course you play. Garmin Connect Golf app can even assemble your ideal round, combining your best score for each hole to get your ideal 18 for that course.
|Approach S2||Approach X40||Approach S4||Approach S20||Approach S6|
|Preloaded Worldwide Courses||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free Course Updates||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|CourseView Auto Updater||✓||✓|
|Advanced Swing Training||✓|
|Wrist-based Heart Rate||✓|
Compare to similar items
This item Garmin Approach X40 GPS Golf Band - Black/Gray
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||GPS Nation||runningsportsplus|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||0.5 x 2.5 x 0.8 in||0.5 x 2.5 x 0.8 in||0.5 x 2.5 x 0.8 in||1.5 x 0.4 x 1.9 in||1.8 x 0.56 x 1.8 in||1.5 x 0.4 x 1.9 in|
|Item Weight||1.6 ounces||1.6 ounces||1.6 ounces||1.6 ounces||1.6 ounces||1.6 ounces|
|Lithium-Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment||Batteries contained in equipment|
Approach X40 GPS golf band and daily activity tracker combines more than 40,000 preloaded courses with Elevate wrist Heart rate technology and smart notifications to connect with your healthy lifestyle. Sleek and lightweight, this versatile Wristband shows precise distances to the front, back and middle of each Green, as well as hazards. Auto shot tracking measures your shot distances and auto records for post-round analysis and mapping on your Garmin connect account. Plus, smart notifications let you monitor incoming calls, texts, calendar notifications, app Alerts and more -right on your wrist. When paired with a compatible smartphone (go to garmin.com/ble)
Top customer reviews
- it's a bit thicker than the Fitbit, but not bad considering the technology packed into it. Band is comfortable but a bit thin. Hope it lasts.
- the gps worked perfectly, keeping score is intuitive, and the Connect app provides a shot by shot recap complete with a view of each hole.
- I played one round of golf, and only about 30% of the battery was used.
- the screen is easy to see, even in bright sunlight and when you're wearing sunglasses.
- the heart rate function seems to work every bit as well as the Fitbit HR.
- the notification feature is ok, particularly for messages and phone calls. The screen is just to small for news alerts.
- the alarm has a subtle vibration, probably ok except for the soundest sleepers.
- although the X40 has a screen backlight option, I don't think it's necessary. If you touch the screen in the dark, it'll briefly light up so you can see, for example, the time display.
- the Connect app syncs smoothly with the X40 and has lots of data view options. Recommend that you spend some quality time with the online manual.
Bottom line: Garmin has hit one out of the park for technology geek golfers who also want to keep track of their fitness data
Having been a user of a Fitbit HR tracker for quite a few years, I was pleased with the format of the X40.
The fitness tracking function works well and so does the heart rate although the device seems to be less `forgiving` than the Fitbit.
Having had a chance to play a couple of rounds using the X40, the overall experience is very positive.
The course selection is straight forward and the distance information seems to be accurate. Being used to playing with metric distances, it was definitely useful when playing abroad on a course where Yards are used. The scoring system works well. Club tracking is really useful although it sometimes happened to me that by mistake the wrong club was selected and there was no way to go back to fix it. The autoshot detection works well for me although sometimes practice swings are picked up. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to mark a shot as OB directly on the Golf Band.
Having the feature to support Left and Right greens, I tried to use it on the course which resulted in the X40 crashing and rebooting. Unfortunately any of the previously played holes of that round were lost during the restart. I didn't dare to try that feature any more afterwards.
Although I remember having red that battery life is somewhere around 36 holes, I was down to one bar after playing 18 holes. Don't think it would have lasted through another round.
I really like to use the Garmin Connect app to visualize the shots and its associated distances. It would be great if there was a way to check what the average shot distance per club is over all of the rounds played.
All in all, I'm very happy with the X40 so far and I'm keen to get out there for more action.