Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on January 10, 2010
This product arrived on time and at a fair price. Construction quality is excellent and it is very functional; meets all expectations. Having a factory-supplied navigation system in my other vehicle, I actually prefer this option with the Garmin unit since I can mount it in a location much more accessible, convenient and safe (to allow eyes to wander less from the road). 4 out of 5 stars only because its base is rigid and flat - and there are few if any completely flat mounting surfaces large enough to mount this item - about 2.5"x1.5", in today's vehicles (dashboards, consoles, etc). The aforementioned makes me a little nervous about its long-term adhesion to its mounting location on my dashboard. I hope it sticks since the adhesive mount supplied claims it will be "virtually impossible to remove from dashboard surfaces", if the unit comes un-secured. As long as it stays stuck in place - I'll love it!
on October 10, 2011
Lesson learnt - don't go by the picture alone - read the fine details after you click on the product to ensure it lists your model number. When I looked at the part picture I was so excited because I was looking desperately to replace the lost cradle for my Garmin GPS nuvi 660. In the first place I didn't know that's what this part was called. When I saw the picture which had a combination of cradle and mount for Garmin nuvi, I thought "That is it - this is exactly what I need". But when I received it, I realized that the cradle is for not the model I have. Wasted my money - ordered again and awaiting the delivery and crossing my fingers that it is the right order this time.
on July 1, 2008
I used the adhesive-disk mount for my old c340, using the permanent adhesive disk, and got a new 350 and dash mount setup. I pulled on the old mount and it wouldn't budge. I took a wide wood chisel, inserted it under the "frame" of the mount, and the mount came off with the adhesive disk still attached. I had used alcohol to degrease the dash when I had mounted it. It came off clean with no residue on the dash. I've mounted the new 350 mount in the same spot, but if I hadn't used another disk mount, noone could tell there was ever a mount in the spot. I have a 2007 Saab and there is no truly flat spot on the dash, but this mount never moved in two years. Go for the permanent adhesive mount. It's cleaner than the temporary when you remove it.
on June 10, 2007
I bought this thing thinking I can mount it to the top of my dash. My dash has a slight curve to it, but, it looked like there was a few flat spots where the base could mount. I already new the suction cup wouldn't work on my dash.

Didn't work using the temporary adhessive. The temporary adhessive didn't stick to the dash at all. Before installation, I did wash/dry the dash good, to avoid oils, dust and other containmenants from effecting the adhessive. Playing with the second adhesive disk, it appears I need to mount this thing on a perfectly smooth and flat surface. The permanent adhessive should have better luck because it's stronger and probably can stick with less surface contact between it and the dash, but, by then I found I didn't like mounting the unit on the dash afte all.

Beyond the base, the biggest disappointment with this thing is that the arm that attaches to the base and ends in a ball upon which you mount the Nuvi mounting plate is fixed and doesn't adjust like the suction cup arm that comes with the Nuvi. If it did, I could possibly mount the base in the little shelf below the radio, with the end of the arm sticking out far enough to mount the Nuvi (which actually could work with the suction cup and that hard disk that comes with the Nuvi). Only way to use the arm is mounted on top of a horizonntal surface, like your dash.

Using the arm with the bean bag (this little piece of plastic is REALLY expensive) sort of worked until I had to suddenly swerve one day. Came crashing down --- happened after about a week of driving.

This period was long enough though to convince me that I rather not mount the Nuvi on the dash. Mounting on the dash is great for visibility of the Nuvi screen and for hearing the bluetooth hands free setup. But, the glow of the Nuvi on my windsheild was too distracting.

In the end, I bought a custom dash mount for my car that costs me $60 (Proclip). Works great, and I wasted my money on the Garmin Auto Mount and bean bag.

Last negative: the quick release plate that connects to the suction cup that comes with the Nuvi has a microphone jack on it. The quick release plate that comes with the automotive mount doesn't. That sucks if you were thinking of using the auto mount in a second car.
on May 6, 2007
This mount was a definite upgrade from the suction mount that comes with the GPS. It is much more low-profile and you don't have the cord hanging in your way. My only complaint is that I originally used the "temporary" adhesive disk (it comes with a temporary and a permanent) just in case I wanted to remove it in the future. Even though it held well at first, after a few weeks it actually started peeling off the dash - and we're still not into the hot summer months. The good news is that the adhesive came off pretty easily without leaving stains/residue on the dash. I've since switched to the permanent adhesive disk and have had no problems at all.
on October 12, 2009
I First thing i noticed about this dashboard mount when it arrived is it is not flexible, The base is fixed. All you can do is move the rotating holder of the GPS to the position you want. You cannot bend or move the handle fixed to your dash-board. My Earlier Windshield mount (Which broke) had that. The Product looks strong. I Started using the permanent join rather than the temporary one (As i didn't wanted the GPS unit to keep failing, Which happened so many times with the windshield mount until it broke). Over all i am giving 2 stars for the price i am paying for this and the design of this product.
on July 25, 2008
I had to buy a new NUVI mount as my original one broke after 6 months of infrequent use. The description of this mount made me think it was removable, but turns out you have to stick an adhesive on your dash. The package comes with two adhesives (one permanent, the other "removable")but the instructions don't specify which is which, so if you make the 50/50 mistake of putting the permanent adhesive on, you'll have a difficult time removing it. I returned the product to Amazon.
on April 3, 2007
I have read other reviews and they seem to be very positive. I tried to mount it on my dashboard and I couldn't get it to stick at all (I didn't try the permanent mount. I ended up returning it and getting the windshield mount). I have had very little problem with the windshield mount. Occasionally I had to put it back up.
on February 2, 2007
When I purchased my Garmin, it only came with one mount for one car, since I wanted to use also in wife's car I needed a mount for her car for my GPS. I knew just who to go to for it. ordered it and the mount came in couple of days. just what I needed. works great in her car, in fact I have used it on a trip we recently took. thank you for the great service, and top quality of the item....price was right also....I will continue to use you guys. again thank you...
on May 28, 2014
Very handy and the bottom is still tacky/sticky after 4+ years. I can put it in any car (especially handy when traveling), and its small enough to easily store under the seat or in the glove box.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question