Garmin nüvi 1390LMT 4.3-Inch Portable Bluetooth GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$229.99 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Sunlight-readable, 4.3-inch backlit TFT color touchscreen display with 480 x 272 WQVGA pixel resolution
- Preloaded City Navigator NT North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Free lifetime map and traffic updates for the most up-to-date maps, POIs, and navigation info, along with constantly updated traffic information (vehicle power cable is traffic receiver)
- Advanced navigation features including voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, lane assist with junction view, fuel-saving ecoRoute
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker for hands-free calling,Battery life: up to 4 hours
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
nüvi 1390LMT packs big features--including free Lifetime Maps and Traffic--into a slim design. This thin navigator also comes with lane assist with junction view, pedestrian navigation options, hands-free calling and ecoRoute to calculate a more fuel-efficient route.
The nüvi 1390LMT packs big features into a slim design.
Traffic information is updated constantly, and map updates are available up to 4 times a year, with no subscription, fees, or expiration dates.
Travel tools include JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more.
EcoRoute calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more.
Affordable, Widescreen GPS Vavigator With Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates
Includes Free Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates
With free Lifetime Map and Traffic updates, you always have the most up-to-date maps, points of interest and navigation information available at your fingertips. Traffic information is updated constantly, and map updates are available for download up to 4 times a year. Both features are ready to go, right out of the box, with no subscription or update fees and no expiration dates.
Know the Lane Before It's Too Late
No more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Lane assist with junction view guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. It realistically displays road signs and junctions on your route along with arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation. Lane assist with junction view is available in select metropolitan cities.
Navigate City Transit
With its enhanced pedestrian navigation capabilities, nüvi 1390LMT is the perfect travel companion for getting around town. Download optional cityXplorer content to help you navigate city public transit. Know where to walk, where to catch the bus, subway, tram or other transportation, and how long it will take to get there. nüvi 1390LMT easily fits in your pocket or purse. cityXplorer maps are available for select cities throughout North America and Europe. And with prices as low as $9.99, you'll have money left over to spend in the big city.
With nüvi 1390LMT's widescreen display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, 4.3-inch (10.92 cm) display is easy to read, from any direction.
Get Turn-by-Turn Directions
nüvi 1390LMT's intuitive interface greets you with two simple questions: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the color screen to easily look up addresses and services and get voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names to your destination. It comes preloaded with detailed City Navigator NT street maps, nearly 6 million points of interest (POIs), 2-D or 3-D maps and the speed limit for most major roads. Its digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture of the surrounding terrain. With the 1390LMT's enhanced user interface, you can slide your finger to conveniently scroll between screens. You also can upload custom points of interest (POIs). And with HotFix satellite prediction, nüvi calculates your position faster to get you there quicker.
Make Hands-free Calls
For hands-free calling, nüvi 1390LMT integrates Bluetooth wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker. Just pair it with your compatible Bluetooth phone and talk hands-free through the 1390LMT while staying focused on the road. Simply dial numbers with nüvi's touchscreen keypad to make a call. To answer calls, just tap the screen and speak into its built-in microphone. Enjoy convenient one-touch dialing for contacts and points of interest.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 1390LMT saves you gas and money with ecoRoute--a green feature that calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more. The 1390LMT includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. With photo navigation, you can download pictures from Garmin Connect Photos and navigate to them. With its "Where Am I?" emergency locator, you always know your location. Simply tap the screen to get your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations. The 1390LMT features Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and is compatible with our free Garmin Garage where you can download custom voices and vehicles. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD cards.
What's in the Box
nüvi 1390; Preloaded City Navigator NT North America (U.S, Canada); Lifetime Maps and Traffic; FM Traffic Receiver With Vehicle Power Cable (vehicle power cable is traffic receiver); Vehicle Suction Cup Mount; USB Cable; Dashboard Disc; Quick Start Manual
Top Customer Reviews
In a nutshell, the 1390LMT performed reasonably well. It has features that I will never use or will use infrequently at best, like Bluetooth and EcoRoute. The "Where am I?" feature is very useful. The initial satellite acquisition took a couple minutes which is normal. Subsequent satellite acquisition was pretty quick after the initial acquisition. I like that I will never have to pay for another map update. For the rest of the story, read on...
I bought the 1390LMT as an upgrade to my aging StreetPilot c340 Garmin StreetPilot c340 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator. I actually have no issues with my c340... it is a solid, basic GPS that usually gets me where I want to go. I say usually because the maps are now 3 years old and it sometimes doesn't know about new streets and such.Read more ›
1. It is super fast acuqiring signal.
2. It is very sensitive to your car movement, allowing fast route correction alert and other turning alert.
3. The route algorithm is excellet. It actually give me better route in areas that I am very familiar with.
4. Very intuitive user interface. You do not need manual.
5. Text to speech is excellent, very smooth, just like real speech.
6. It does tell you your destination is on right or left when you arrive. Very nice!
7. The buildin bluetooth is very good. The voice is clear and loud. The other side can hear me clearly everytime. Much better than my current Jabra bluetooth unit, which goes to dumpster now. :-)
8. 4.3 inch screen is perfect. I returned a 5 inch GPS couple months ago, just because it is too big and blocks my sight.
9. Touch sreen is easy to use. Very responsive.
10. "Where Am I" is great feature. I used it to find fuel station once when I ran out of gas and it did well.
11. The line assistance works. It really helps. I am surprised that this kind of info is even available in local driving.
1. There are ads popping up. Not very annoying (just one line on your right up corner, and only when the car stops (say, in front of a red light). But it is still a big con and the biggest one.
2. The map updating requires installing new software on your computer. It took more than 1 hour to finish the whole process.
3. Hard to overview your overall route. You have to use zoom out button to see your overall route, which is not very convenient.
4. The map interface display limited info.Read more ›
The more important issue that just struck me is popup ads on the screen. Every time you start driving you see them. They can pop up even when you stop on the red light. When you start driving the popups go away ater few minutes, but isn't starting moving on intersection when the light switches to green requires double attention on the road ?
I find these ads obtrusive and I would rather pay or get rid of the traffic feature that causes this.
I am not a lawyer but it could be these ads are actually illegal. For example California Vehicle Code §2890 (West 2004) specifically states that any display visible to the driver is illegal, with a few exceptions including global positioning display. However an ad popping on the GPS screen is not a part of positioning process.
So to make the story shorter here are the highlights. Don't take me wrong. The GPS is still among the best out there. But here is what I would like to get improved:
1. Popup ads. A big minus!
2.If you know the road do not rely on the GPS to give you a better route. I noticed that the routing is not always optimal. Sometimes it is just anecdotal. It takes you off a freeway, directs to another one, then leads through some back roads and will return close to the original freeway. The time lost is 5 minutes on a 15 minutes route. Note this is at night with no traffic whatsoever.
3.Traffic feature is not that reliable. Sometimes it reports traffic when there is literally no a single car on the road. I suspect the above mentioned mis-routing could be caused by this.
4.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great gps unit! Needed a new one, we had borrowed a neighbors this is the one they had we liked it. Like the easy to use features.Published 2 months ago by Lori
Great gps meets all our needs. Wish it was easier to find rest areasPublished 6 months ago by HHI Dave
1. Slow to find and lock on satellites
2. Last map update wiped out the description of my saved locations. It only shows coordinates.
3. Read more
Great product! I love it, would recommend this to everyone! I travel a lot and this Garmin never lets me down!Published 8 months ago by Amy Romaine