Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 381 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 430 reviews
on February 10, 2013
This OEM Garmin brand a/c power adapter presents none of the problems associated with the 3rd party aftermarket power supplies. This OEM Garmin a/c adapter prompts the Garmin navigator to boot directly into navigation mode and charges the battery at the same time. GPS City is selling the Garmin adapter at a nice price and they ship it quickly. It's really great to now have the real thing. I no longer have to use the boot hack tricks that were required when powering my Garmin navigator in the house using an old phone charger. This OEM Garmin brand a/c adapter has the appropriately valued resistor in its plug so that when connected to my Garmin navigator, the Garmin knows it is not connected to a computer. I used to avoid using the Garmin on battery power because it was such a hassle charging the Garmin using my old cell phone charger. Now, for short trips in the car, I can avoid carrying the car power adapter and I can just use the Garmin's battery power because it's so easy to plug it in when I get home. It's now as easy as charging a cell phone. I just plug the Garmin into this Garmin adapter/charger. It boots to its main screen and I just leave it there because it's now receiving enough power to charge it at the same time and there's no such thing as image "burn in" with LCD screens. A couple of hours later, I just unplug it from the navigator and the navigator shuts itself down. No hassles. It's easy now. It's true. I love it.
on July 6, 2009
I ordered this along with my Garmin nuvi 765t and it never worked.

Thankfully, Amazon did it's usual superb job of replacing it with just a few mouse clicks.

When the replacement arrived it was of a much simpler design and worked just fine.

Detail:
The original version I got had a slot in the back of the plug-in unit into which various plugs could be inserted to adapt it for the appropriate country/voltage/etc. My guess is that the connection between the adapter and the unit were not good and so it just didn't work.

The replacement unit which I received was made with the North American prongs already built in and no adapter was necessary for use here. The unit was packaged with adapters for UK and European use if needed. The just plug onto the NA prongs.

If you order this, see if you can determine which type will be sent to you or if you get the older-style version try to exchange it.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
This charger does what it's intended to do, but I've found that it is not an accessory that one must have for general use of the Garmin GPS nuvi. In order to receive traffic updates for the GPS I purchased I must plug it in to the car's accessory plug and this is sufficient to charge up the unit, making this accessory unnecessary. I've stashed the charger in a cabinet and have not seen it in months. Unless you are going to use this while you're travelling via modes other than car and will be using your GPS for walking tours, etc., you probably don't need this charger either.
on June 4, 2013
Ordered this for my Nuvi 3590LMT Navigator, the plug that connects to the GPS IS NOT a micro-USB connector which the 3590LMT requires, but instead it has a mini-USB connector. According to the product description this adapter is supposed to work for all Nuvi's except the 3700 series. Purchaser beware, this is not the case!!

Fortunately Amazon's return policy is simple and painless. I'm still in the market for a AC adapter that will work on my GPS, but I'll go to a brick and mortar so I can make sure I'm picking up what I need.

For those that this adapter will work for it appears to be of reasonably good quality and should fit your needs nicely.
on June 7, 2017
It works like it's supposed to. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't turn the thing off when it's charging like I can my cell phone. So I never know when it has a complete charge which makes it kind of weird or maybe I just don't know how to work the thing - who knows?
on September 5, 2011
I do not know why Garmin does not include a home charger with the purchase of a multi-hundred dollar GPS navigation unit, but having this charger is a helpful addition to my GPS unit. The charger included with the Garmin Nuvi (mine is the 760) is fine for charging in the car, but I occasionally use the GPS on my bicycle and motorcycle (where I do not have a power connection available). I should not have to use my car to charge my GPS for the times I want to use it when I am not in the car, and this frees me to charge the GPS at home.

The version that I got has the slot in the back and includes several international adapters. Great in theory, but most of the Nuvi navigation units that this charger is designed for are not loaded with international maps outside of North America (or are not compatible with international maps), so having international plugs are not necessary (because you will not have the corresponding maps of the area, anyways). There should be two versions: a cheaper version with the North American plug, and the more expensive version with multiple international charging adapters.
on February 6, 2017
Very good power supply.
on February 13, 2017
great product and service.!
on September 5, 2010
I ordered the Garmin AC Charger with International Adapters for my Nüvi 855. Product works as advertised. It works well with the Nüvi 855, and charges it up in a couple of hours or so. As mentioned in other reviews this charger allows one to operate the Nüvi from the wall outlet, or just charge it up. I really got tired of having to start up the PC every time I wanted to charge up the Nüvi, and having the AC charger, is so much more convenient (note: I do paperless geocaching with the Nüvi, so the battery tends to get depleted frequently.)

I considered getting cheaper 3rd party generic chargers but wasn't sure I could operate the Nüvi while hooked up to the charger. I'm glad I spent a few more bucks to get the Garmin charger and make sure I had the capability to operate while charging.

The product comes with three sets of interchangeable plugs, however I don't know how the other plugs work as I haven't gone traveling abroad (outside US).
on August 4, 2017