Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Garmin Dash Cam 66W, Extra-Wide 180-Degree Field of View In 1440P HD, 2" LCD Screen and Voice Control, Very Compact with Automatic Incident Detection and Recording
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$14.38 (6%)|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Display Size||2 Inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.59 x 2.21 x 0.84 inches|
About this item
- Compact, discreet dash cam with extra-wide 180-Degree field of view captures crisp 1440P footage and Garmin clarity HDR provides increased detail in low-light situations
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8GB micro SD card, class-10 or faster (not included)
- Dash Cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from upto four cameras on your smartphone using the Garmin Drive app
- Voice control (Available for English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Swedish) allows you to easily save a video or picture, start/stop audio recording or start/stop the travel apse video capture feature
- Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair the warning function) and “go” alerts to enhance driver awareness
- Red light camera and speed camera location alerts (not available in all areas) can be updated as often as you like
- Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this Device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use this Device.
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Garmin Dash Cam 66W
· Compact, discreet dash cam with extra-wide 180-degree field of view captures crisp 1440p footage and Garmin Clarity HDR™ provides increased detail in low-light situations
· Automatically records and saves footage of incidents
· Dash Cam Auto Sync enables you to control and play back footage from up to four cameras on your smartphone using the Garmin Drive™ app
· Voice control (available for English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Swedish) allows you to easily save a video or picture, start/stop audio recording or start/stop the Travelapse™ video capture feature
· Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair the waring function) and “Go” alerts to enhance driver awareness
· NOTICE: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use this device.
Features and Benefits
Control with Your Voice
Control your dash cam with your voice. Just say “OK, Garmin” to save a video or still picture, start/stop audio recording or start/stop the Travelapse video capture feature.
Capture the Scene
With an extra-wide 180-degree field of view, this dash cam captures more of the environment — including cross traffic — and includes detailed time and GPS location data, pinpointing exactly where and when events occurred. It records nonstop in a continuous loop. Play back the footage right on the dash cam display — or review on your phone using the Garmin Drive app.
Dash Cam Auto Sync
Dash Cam Auto Sync wirelessly connects up to four Garmin Dash Cams at the front, back and sides of your vehicle to provide virtually complete 360° coverage. If you save a video on one dash cam, the others will also save it. Use the Garmin Drive app on your smartphone to create a “picture-in-picture” video from any two perspectives at the same time. This makes it easy to share videos with friends, insurance agencies or legal authorities.
Share the Drive with Travelapse
The Travelapse feature provides an easy and fun way to record and share your adventures by condensing hours of driving into minutes of highlights.
Drive with Increased Awareness
Driver alerts help you keep track of vehicles around you. Forward collision, lane departure and a “Go” alerts work to enhance your driver awareness. Receive alerts for red light camera and speed camera (not available in all areas) locations with subscription-free updates via Garmin Express.
Compare with similar items
The compact, discreet gps-enabled Garmin Dash Cam 66W provides an extra-wide 180-degree field of view. It clearly captures important details in high-quality 1440 HD video — in all light conditions — If an incident occurs. It also provides driver alerts (certain conditions may impair the warning function), including forward collision, lane departure and a “go” alert to enhance driver awareness. Get alerts for Red light camera and speed camera location alerts (not available in all areas) with unlimited updates via the Garmin Drive app. Say “OK, Garmin” to start/stop audio recording, take a still picture or start/stop the travel apse video capture feature. Automatic Multisided sync allows you to play back “picture-in-picture” video captured from up to four dash cams in use at the same time, so you can see Multiple points of view with the Garmin Drive app If an incident happens. Parking mode monitors your cards surroundings while your car is parked and the engine is not running. It automatically begins recording if and when motion is detected. (Requires Garmin parking mode cable, sold separately; Professional installation recommended. )
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Updating the product review, need to be fair
1. After using the product for several months now, I have come to several conclusion, the car adapter was not damaged as original stated, it was getting stuck, thus creating a bad mechanical and electrical connection with the car outlet, I had to give a big push and make a good solid connection, now is working perfectly fine.
2. The App was causing problems with the release of the Sony Xperia XA2 Andriod Version 9, fortunatly enough, Sony launch a new software upgrade to correct minor defects on the OS, now the Garmin application run perfectly fine on the cellphone.
3. Camera getting hot:
This problem is still an issue, the camera is still getting hot, when I got the camera and installed the application software for the PC, I was able to connect the camera and make a FIRMWARE upgrade on the camera itself, this upgrade, does NOT eliminate the over heat issue, however, looks like the camera runs more efficiently and does not shut down during a long trip, however, the camera does shut down after 1 hour and 45 minutes, seems to be that putting the air conditioning helps in getting the camera to run a little bit hotter.
Dont get me wrong... the camera size and the picture quality are great, however, running the camera at such high temperatures (even if is within spec and according to automitive standards) could be risky.
Details: This camera is not ready for release, Garmin knows about all of these issues, and "they're working on fixing them!". if you want to view live feed, you will need to uninstall the app and reinstall it every time! It records fine, but you will not be able to see the recordings on your phone because the app will not connect (except for the first time right after installing the app, after that, you can take a pic. save a pic, and it records- I guess- but no live feed or videos review, it just hangs). I updated the firmware to the latest version, but issues persist. Not to mention the extreme overheating within 5 minutes of operation. How Garmin allowed the release of such defective product is baffling to say the least; it really hurts their brand and reputation.
For reference if anyone at Garmin cares, Phone: Note 8. OS: Android 9 Pie. Camera: Garmin Dash Cam Mini. Camera's firmware after the update: 7.10. SD card: Samsung 64GB PRO Endurance .
Top reviews from other countries
It also does not remember the initial settings and asks for the country/locale and language every time it starts. It defaults to United States (and mph) and to set it to Canada one has to scroll all the way to the beginning of the list every time you start the camera/car (it does not skip from Z to A).
Additionally, it sometimes fails to connect to the phone app (and it will make your phone jump from WiFi to mobile data when it does).
I checked for any updates hoping they would solve the problem, but according to the app, the camera had the latest firmware (as of Sept 16, 2019).
I gave it two stars, as the footage is of decent quality. However, with all the points above, I can’t recommend it and will be returning the product.
Then it crapped out... and I wasted over two hours trying to fix it (without success).
Seemed easy to setup. Installed it on my windshield, downloaded the app, everything looked great. My SD card appeared to be recognized, I could stream live footage, look clear and crisp. I was excited.
Then it downloaded a firmware update... and now the camera doesn't work. After the firmware update, it refuses to recognize the microSD card. I confirmed the SD card was successfully recording data prior to that update. Tried other microSD cards - no luck. After update, it also stopped "live streaming" to my phone. So basically it is now useless.
And worst of all - I can't find a way to revert back the firmware.
Now I've wasted two hours of my life struggling with this dashcam - for something that should've only took 5 minutes to setup.
I will be returning this product.
Got 1 minute of pleasure - and 2 hours of headaches.
In conclusion: I DO NOT recommend you buy this dash cam!