Garmin Forerunner 220 - Black/Red Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
|Price:||$219.94 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$80.05 (27%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Advanced GPS running watch with a high-resolution color display and comfortable, lightweight design
- Built-in accelerometer tracks distance and pace when indoors
- Connected features2 include automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and social media sharing so you can promote your achievements to your friends
- Lets you know when you achieve a personal record
- Pauses and resumes timer based on speed
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Garmin Forerunner 220 - Black/Red Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
Garmin Forerunner 225 B00XKRWTUE
Garmin Forerunner 230 - Black/White B016PAPI3W
Garmin Forerunner 230 Bundle - Black/White B016PAPIC8
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Heart Rate Monitors USA||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Display||Color||LCD||180 x 180 pixels||180 x 180 pixels|
|Dimensions||0.5 inches x 1.8 inches x 1.8 inches||1.9 inches x 0.6 inches x 11.3 inches||1.8 inches x 0.5 inches x 1.8 inches||1.8 inches x 0.5 inches x 1.8 inches|
|Item Weight||0.09 pounds||0.12 pounds||0.09 pounds||0.09 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Colorful Running Companion with Connected Features
- GPS running watch with high-resolution color display
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate¹
- Identifies personal records
- Connected features²: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect
Just like a coach, Forerunner 220 provides the motivating feedback you need to guide your training. You can even get post-run encouragement from friends and fans, thanks to the 220’s connected features like real-time live tracking and social media sharing via the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
A Coach in Every Watch
Forerunner 220 measures essential running data including distance, pace and heart rate¹. It’s like having a coach on hand, providing constant feedback and recording all your stats so you can focus on your run. In addition to using GPS to calculate distance and pace, the 220 has a built-in accelerometer. So you know distance and pace data when you’re running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod. The accelerometer can also track distance when GPS is unavailable, such as when you run through a tunnel. It’s compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect, which you can schedule and send to your watch, for real-time coaching.
Easy to Use
The 220 has a color display, which makes it easy to interpret your data at a glance. It also features simple button operations and a sturdy, hinged wristband that’s comfortable for any size wrist.
Extra Training Features
You can set up alerts for heart rate, pace or run/walk intervals to help you stay in the desired range. The 220 features vibration alerts and audible alerts, and you can customize it to provide both or just one type of prompt. When your run’s done and saved in your watch’s history, a post-run summary appears so you can see how you did. The 220 also notices if you hit any personal records on that run, such as your fastest mile, 5k, 10k, half or full marathon, or your longest run to date.
Forerunner 220 automatically uploads your data to Garmin Connect even when you can't get to a computer. Get the free Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone and then pair it with your watch. When you save your completed run, it will automatically upload to Garmin Connect when you’re in range of your phone.
It also features live tracking, which allows your friends and fans to follow along and see your stats in real time. You must have your phone paired with the 220 throughout your run to use LiveTrack. You can also share your victories through social media with the Garmin Connect Mobile app. And, for real-time coaching as you run, the 220 is compatible with free training plans at Garmin Connect. By regularly connecting your watch to Garmin Connect, you'll also benefit from a faster GPS fix due to satellite data that will be sent to your device automatically.
Top Customer Reviews
- Thinner and lighter than the FR210
- Color display with better resolution
- GPS signal works well, even in midtown Manhattan, where it's densely populated and loaded with skyscrapers (average satellite lock time: 5-6 seconds for me)
- GPS is accurate and reliable. I have yet to experience problems. Will update if this changes.
- Heart rate monitor (bought as a package) and Bluetooth to iPhone work well
- Waterproof so I don't have problems with sweat or wearing it when I shower
- Variety of screens you can choose from to display data during your run
- Can transfer data via Bluetooth to my iPhone app (which is linked to Garmin Connect) or through the cable provided
- Garmin Connect is actually quite useful in detecting patterns in your training, monitoring the physiological responses you have during various types of workouts, and sending training plans to your watch
- Functions and buttons are very intuitive; I spent less than 3 minutes looking at the manual before mastering the watch
- Wish there were more color combos (like all black)
- GPS takes forever to establish connection with the satellite for the first time (but it is very quick after)
- The Garmin Connect app on the iPhone is a bit glitchy, but tech support said they are already working on updates
- Battery life was very average in this day and age
This watch is probably one of the best I've seen in the market for a while. The $250 (or $300 if you get the heart rate monitor with it) is well worth it if you actually use it/serious about running. This little device will tell you everything you need and want to know about your body and your training. If running is a hobby, then I suggest just using mapmyrun.Read more ›
* Very low profile and works as an everyday watch. Love that I can just always be wearing this and can just press the RUN button a few times and go.
* The band is removable. One of the main reasons I went for this particular watch was that the wrist strap is changeable. I had seen too many people post pictures of their old watches with a tear and having to use duct tape to keep it together. Some people have complained that it feels cheapy but I think it's fine and would last a while. I believe Garmin sells the replacement bands for about $20 or so.
* GPS preloading is great, ready to run within seconds of going outside.
* Indoor treadmill tracking has been pretty accurate. Just turn off the gps and the watch will use the integrated accelorometer to calculate your distance. When you're running with gps, the watch will use the gps data in combination with your arm movements to make calculations when there is no gps.
* So much customization! It was a little overwhelming when I first got the watch but it's pretty intuitive and does not take long to get used to.
* Little bit of color in the screen is nice. You can only pick one theme color at a time but it still looks nice and is customizable.
* Not sure if the cadence is measured by the watch or the HRM monitor, but that's interesting information to have as well. Apparently good runners get around 180 spm.Read more ›
- Getting started with this watch is a breeze. Press the run button twice and off you go. Satellites are picked up quickly after the first time you take it out of the box (and the first time only takes a few minutes), meaning you don't have to fuss at all.
- Small wrist? No problem! This watch fits on virtually anyone's wrist. I have ridiculously small wrists and there are still a dozen more holes to make it tighter. The watch is also very small and unobtrusive which feels like a normal watch.
- The screen is extremely readable and the button inputs help to easily navigate. It doesn't require rocket science to change settings or go for a jog.
- While running you can view your current pace, lap pace, distance traveled, current time, running cadence, etc. If you want to keep running at a 7:00 mile pace you can even get an alarm that alerts you when you aren't going at the proper speed.
- The auto-lap feature can be configured so that you can get updates on your pace and lap splits at set distances (I normally keep this to update me every mile). You can set it to chime, vibrate, or both to let you know to look at your wrist and see how you're doing. This helps to understand if you are slowing down or speeding up in a workout.
- Garmin Connect has training plans for various distances. As I'm training for a marathon, I've been loosely following their Level II marathon plan.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My one complaint is the battery life is somewhat shorter than my old Garmin; otherwise, ti's better.Published 9 hours ago by Thomas H Stone
Google maps indicated a run was 5.96 Miles. Forerunner showed it at 5.63 miles; no pauses/stops at any point. That is nearly a 6% margin of error. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Hari
I read every review before buying. It is doing what I need it to. At times the screen can be dim. That's what the light is for. I use it for running. Want to use it biking too.Published 2 days ago by Bubba nuts
Maybe it is me but this watch does not work as easily as my Garmin 205 and It is not as accurate as my 205. The park I do my running in has a path. My 205 says it is .98 of a mile. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Stephen Bliss
Is everything I hoped it would be. Easy to use and hardly notice I'm wearing it.Published 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
I am very disappointed in this watch. It does not sync with the time, does not sync with RunKeeper despite repeated attempts to connect the two apps, and is inconsistent when... Read morePublished 18 days ago by runningmamusia
This is a great watch for running. This watch is simple, picking up GPS signal quickly and has run-walk alert. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
I had a bulky 405CX for years. Bezzel was annoying and band got so dirty. Love this new one!Published 25 days ago by D. Thomas