Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$12.43+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 481 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 499 reviews
on June 22, 2010
There are a few reviews on here that mention using this product with the Forerunner 305, but I wanted to make sure I posted a review to state specifically that yes - the Forerunner 305 fits on this perfectly (even though the description says Forerunner 405 and Forerunner 50).

I initially looked at the Forerunner 305 Quick-Release kit, but the horror stories of the device popping out of the wristband or bike mount quickly scared me away. With this mount, you can keep your 305 on its original wrist-strap, and feel more secure on your bike as the strap is wrapped around the mount. Garmin should abandon that Quick-Release kit and just use this as their mount for all their Forerunners.

One note - you do have to rotate the mount downward to see the 305 screen in an optimal position, but this hasn't affected the GPS reception at all.
1414 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2015
I recently upgraded from a Forerunner 220 to a fenix 3 and was a little unclear about compatibility with different models of Garmin watches after reading on Garmin's website as well as on Amazon. I can clearly state that it'll work for just about any watch. It's a simple rubber piece that wraps around a handlebar. The included zipties are unnecessary as the watch, when wrapped around the mount, provides all the necessary pressure to keep everything in place. Plus, if you own multiple bikes, not using the zipties allows you to quickly move it from one bike to the other. It's a little bit inconvenient to wrap a watch around this thing, but we're talking about a few extra seconds and clearly isn't a big deal. I've included images of both of my watches on the handlebar of a straight handlebar Giant Escape. I'm confident that it will work fine on any handlebar and will not interfere with brake/derailleur cables. It's nothing fancy, but it doesn't need to be. It works well and is recommended.
review image review image
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2012
I'm a runner with a Garmin 210 who also cycles. I'm not anywhere enough of a cyclist to invest in a new GPS watch/ bike computer. I was disapointed when I went into the local bike shop with my watch and asked how they recommended mounting it on my bike for ease of use and they launched into a whole ordeal about what sort of bike computer I should purchase and how there are some tri-watches that have removable and bike-mountable watch faces. I don't need that. A Garmin rep at the Chicago marathon expo taught me how to change the display from minutes/mile (what I use as a runner) to miles/hour (how I like it displayed when I'm cycling) and then I found this on Amazon and I'm set. :) Cheap, easy solution. I also find I don't need the zip tie; once my watch is tightened around the plastic piece it's not going anywhere. This does EXACTLY what I wanted it to do.
on January 3, 2015
The first thing I noticed is that one of the zip ties broke during initial install. It appears they're "quick release" zip ties. Go to local hardware supply and get strong zip ties. Bring the included pair with you so you can match the width. The length is simply trimmed after installation; however, the longer the better for installation purposes.

I don't feel the mount kit is strong enough unless I use the zip ties. A whole pack of replacement ties is very cheap, so don't fret about cutting them repeatedly to reinstall.

The Quick Release Kit for my Garmin Forerunner 920XT raises the bezel too high for every day use, so I use this mount kit. It's slightly time consuming to connect/disconnect the watch band to this mount, especially when you're tired from exercise. If I ever get good enough to really care about an extra 30 seconds (max) on my triathlon transition times I'll probably install the Quick Release Kit for races only.

I had some confusion installing the mount kit. Some tips:
- Install the kit with the "Garmin" advertisement facing forward.
- Feed the zip ties starting in the rear (non-Garmin side), bottom position then over the top and back down. After cinching the zip ties, rotate/slide the zip tie clasp forward so it neatly hides in the front void.

Would I buy it again? Yes. It's pretty cheap and it works.
on February 21, 2017
If you are a triathlete strapping your watch onto your bike in T1 then the zip ties are absolutely necessary. I don't recommend using this method for Sprints, but for Olympics on up it is totally worth the four or five seconds it costs you in transition to strap your watch in place. I have used Garmin's quick release system. Not only does it make your watch significantly taller (my 310XT looked like a laptop on my wrist) but you also run the risk of losing your watch if bumped while swimming. For Sprints I simply keep my 920XT on my wrist and glance down occasionally.
on August 14, 2017
I use this on the handlebars of my road bike for when I'm on the bike trainer; I then take it off when I go out onto the road. I use it for a Garmin fenix 3 watch. So I didn't use the zip ties to tie it down because I only want to use it when I'm on the bike trainer; I wear my watch on my arm when I ride outside. It's well made and easily stretches to put it on your bike; it should also fit the Garmin fenix 5 series. I've actually seen this product cheaper on Amazon but without the GARMIN logo; appears to be the same thing.
review image review image review image
on May 9, 2017
I use this to hold my Garmin Vivoactive watch and use it for my cadence and HR monitor and it works great. I love that it is portable between bikes. Don't zip tie it and the watch will just keep it on the bar.
on January 3, 2015
If you do any multisport involving cycling with a Garmin, this is a no-brainer. Buy it. I had been using a shirt sleeve and rubber bands to hold my GPS watch onto my aerobars--pretty ridiculous considering all the time and effort you put into customizing all the other parts of the bike. Finally spent a whopping 10$ on this, and the set up is not only more aesthetically pleasing (simple black rubber matches the black aerobars and black strap on my Forerunner 305), but also much more stable than the ol' sleeve (I can now push start/stop and lap buttons without the watch almost falling off the bike). I use a Garmin velcro strap rather than the stock rubber strap and it fits perfectly on this mount as well.
on June 17, 2014
I am a bit of a gadget geek so it's not uncommon to see me riding with my GPS watch, Fitbit, Nike + Fuelband and MP3 player.

When I ride I put my Fitbit and Fuelband in my pockets to track the motion in my legs, but still wore my GPS watch on my wrist, which was quite a nuisance especially given how big it is (Garmin 305). The bicycle mount allows me to put the watch on my bike so I am not sweating underneath it and the display is front and center so I can easily look down to track my progress and use the start/stop timer and lap buttons with ease.

The design is very basic in that its just a big rubber grommet that fits around your bar and is fastened with some zip ties. The rubber is nice though since it will not damage your bars or watch and also provides a little shock absorption for your expensive electronics.

I highly recommend this if you are wearing a watch when you ride.
on November 23, 2016
This thing does the job. It beats trying to strap your watch to the bare handle bars. If your budget only allows for one GPS for multiple activities then this has to be your go to for running, cycling, and swimming. My only complaint is that with my particular bike, the drop bars taper up in diameter towards the stem, so the mount sits unevenly which slightly distorts its shape. It is also somewhat difficult to get the watch band tight enough on the mount. Otherwise, I'm happy with the mount. It is exactly what I thought it would be.
review image review image