Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: Pink|Size: One Size|Change

Showing 1-10 of 758 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 862 reviews
on May 17, 2010
I'am no marathon runner, just trying to get back to running like back in my cross country/track high school days. It's sooooo easy to use. I bought the 305/405 and immediately returned it because it was entirely too hard to figure out how to use. With the 110 you charge it, create your profile (weight, age, sex) go outside and let it sink with the satellites...then press start. It's that simple. If you get the one with the heart rate monitor, it gives you calories burned, and heart rate. I see people in here griping about something regarding the "pace". I don't know..it displays the pace you are going at, so i'm not too sure what that is all about. You sync it with the garmin website, and it give you greater "in depth" information about your run.

Just remember that this isn't suppose to have all the bells and whistle the other running watches have. This is for just simple use; distance, pace, calories, heart rate, time. This will suffice most people, and definitely extremely user friendly.
44 comments| 419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
My wife runs several times a week year round. She has been using her phone to keep track of where she was going but it's big and heavy and didn't do a good job keeping in contact with the satellites. Also in the winter time her phone just couldn't handle the job...the GPS just stopped working or something. According to her the GPS doesn't seem to work when the sun is down. I am not sure exactly what the issue was but it was there.

Anyway she wanted a lighter, more robust solution and this was perfect. She reports that it is very easy to use and reliable. It gives her her current speed, heart rate, lap pace, distance, and a bunch of other stuff. She can easily hook it to the USB thing and use the online map stuff. All working really well.

She has taken it out in the bitter Pennsylvania winter and it works perfectly without a hitch. She says it takes about 60 seconds to find the satellites when you take it out, which is faster than many GPS's but it could always be faster. That's the only thing she would mention that she would improve if she could.

Great little product. Good work, Garmin!
on June 30, 2010
I've had this watch for a few weeks now and have been very impressed. It's light, compact and looks pretty good too. I saw another guy last week who was wearing an older running watch - the display was huge! I'm very happy with this Garmin and have worn it as a regular watch a few times too.

I'm also happy with the performance. I'm not sure why other reviews say that current pace isn't shown on the display - it very clearly is. The top third of the display shows total distance, the center toggles between time and heart rate, and the bottom third shows current pace. When you complete a mile it shows average pace for 10 seconds or so, then goes back to current pace. Perhaps there was a software update since the reviews were written - when I connected the watch to my PC and went to Garmin's website an update was automatically downloaded and installed (very easy process) so if I'm being charitable to those reviewers I'd assume that was the case.

The buttons on the watch work really well, and were easy to learn - I don't want to think about how to use them while I'm running, and after the first couple of times using it I don't have to. They feel responsive and solid. I've run in the rain and had no problems with moisture damage.

The link to Garmin's site is also very nice. It's easy to upload your activities, and the information it shows is very clear. I love seeing the maps of where I've been, and using the play feature to see how my pace and heart rate vary with location and elevation changes, plus estimated calories burned.

The only criticism I'd have is that it's not always 100% easy to connect the USB cable to the watch, as they've used a clip thing rather than a port, but I would guess they didn't want moisture to get in the port.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this. It's given me the confidence and information to run by myself instead of relying on running buddies to keep me on pace, and has been a great motivator for my running, and my times have definitely improved. Definitely five stars
on March 6, 2017
Item as described, great international service.
on August 9, 2010
I was somewhat concerned about some of the negative reviews regarding the pace function. As an owner of the first generation Forerunner and then a 205, I was looking for a smaller form device. I did not care for the Bezel on the 405 and was waiting for the next generation. I use the autolap feature on 0.25 mile and find the pace function to be very reasonable. More importantly, the watch locks on the satellites quickly and stays locked even under tree cover. The device is easy to use and small enough it could worn as a daily watch. I run 40 miles a week and find the 110 to more than meet my needs for pace, distance and time.
on June 16, 2010
I bought the Garmin Forerunner 110 with Heart Rate Monitor. In a word - Fantastic. Very simple to use while you're running. I considered the other models, but some were ridiculously large and had way too many features. I've been coaxed to buying extra features on things in the past, only to learn that 1) they're difficult to take advantage of, or 2) you never use them. Not the case here. As the other reviewer said - you open the box, charge it, answer a couple of prompts, and whammo, you're in business. The screen is easy to read when you're running, and the buttons are also easy to operate. The HRM works as well as any Polar I've used. I highly recommend spending extra bucks to get this feature. For me, I now only have to wear the Garmin. Time is automatically set (which is cool) so I use it as my watch. I don't have to wear a separate "watch" for the HRM. And, you can download you're run information to track it, etc... The other reviews complained about the "current pace". Personally, I don't see that as an issue. I run at a pretty steady pace so the average pace works great for me. Maybe it's important for truly competitive athletes who are on strict training regimens, but for the normal guy or gal this unit is more than ample. It is neat to start on a run and not worry about mileage markers and so forth. The days of taking the car out to pre or post measure my runs are done. Bottomline, it's a good unit. I recommend it.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2010
If you have previously owned the Forerunner 305 or 405 (and are used to their features) or are a tech-savvy serious runner/racer, then the new Garmin Forerunner 110 is probably not for you.

However, if you a runner looking for a solid GPS watch without too many bells and whistles, this is a good choice. The 110 is pretty easy to use (although the manual leaves something to be desired) and avoids the problems that arose with the bevel on the 405. Just head outside, stand still while the 110 finds the satellites, hit on, run, hit off. No - it doesn't give you your current pace...just the average of the run or your last lap...but I'm guessing that the 110's features will be more than enough for many users.

For those who have hesitated to buy a Forerunner up to this point because of the size and/or ugliness of previous models (I have pretty small wrists and the other Forerunners were HUGE on me) - this Forerunner may be for you. And the women's is almost kind of cute...
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
I've had the Garmin Forerunner 110 for about a month, enough time to know the good and the not-so-good. And the good is very, very good.

It takes a minute or two to find satellites (I'm in a very populated suburb a few miles outside a big city) but then it stays locked on. The display is big and clear and contains all the information I really need -- distance, time, heart rate, calories, average pace for the current lap -- without being big or bulky. I can switch from autolap to manual lap depending on my run. Menu functions are easy and intuitive. The buttons are responsive and it's easy to scroll through screens. I've had other watches that I gave up on because they were just too complicated to use.

My one gripe is the charger/clip for uploading data. It is very finicky to get it seated just so. And even then my computer will take a while to recognize it. Not a deal breaker overall, but still a bit annoying and worth a 1-star deduction to me since I upload data every evening.

To respond to issues raised in some other reviews:

1. Yes, you CAN turn it off to save battery power. Push and hold the "light" button (top left hand button). This is clearly stated in the manual.

2. The "average pace" that it displays is not the average for the entire run. It is the average pace for the current lap -- which you can set to as little as every .25 miles.

3. Someone commented that there's no logical start/stop function. It's the button marked "Start/Stop".
on December 24, 2011
I consider myself a recreational runner working towards my first 10 miler in April, having done several 5ks and 8.4 miles of a 1/2 marathon relay. I purchased this watch to reward myself for the past year as well as a motivator for the upcoming year! I wish I wouldn't have waited so long. I love this watch. Very easy to use out of the box. Really enjoy the garmin software to track my runs. I can attest that the satellite hookup can take a little long but that is so minor it doesn't bother me - I just walk around and prep my mind for the upcoming run. Just make sure before your race that you have located the satelittes prior to the start of the race. My first few runs, as soon as the watch indicated I found the satellites I started running immediately but found it was a little off on the map, so now I wait a few more seconds after locating the satellites and it works perfectly. This is a simple watch with all the basics a new runner would need w/o being confusing. I have a rather small female wrist and don't find the size overbearing.
on January 3, 2015
Like so many before me I would give Garmin 0 stars if I could. Garmin's quality control is 0, zero, zip, nada, zilch.

I have used Garmin GPS running watches since they first started selling them, never had any problems with them. This was my third Garmin GPS watch. Died within 2 months. Case leaked and the watch would let sweat condensation in and it would short out. Imagine a runner sweating, what a concept. Nothing like finishing a ten mile run to find your watch ate itself at mile 6. If you read enough of these reviews you'll see this is a common problem. The watch is supposed to be water resistant to three feet.

Garmin's solution was to offer a refurb replacement because this model has been discontinued and they had no new 110s in stock (yet Amazon got a shipment of new 110s while this was playing out), and I would have to pay to ship it back to Garmin. So I should take someone else's problem for a 2 month old watch and have no idea of how much the replacement has been used before it came to me, and pay for the privilege. Garmin's tech support admitted there was a problem and suggested I purchase a 210, which is based on the same case, costs a little more and has the same problems or a 220 which costs a lot more and is loaded with features that I don't need or want. So if you like playing watch roulette Garmin is the company for you.

It should be noted that while the watch was still water resistant it worked as advertised and once it had ever locked on to the satellites from a location subsequent attempts were very quick, this is compared to my two previous Garmin watches which were much larger, but slower to lock on.

Amazon gets 4 stars because they refunded me, but nicked me for a restocking fee. (Side lesson here - always communicate with Amazon by chat and have a copy of the session emailed to you)