Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: 2.1cm Screen|Color: Pink/White|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,345 reviews
on October 10, 2015
I am very impressed with this running watch. The GPS connects in seconds and seems to be very accurate.

The battery life is great. In normal mode, GPS is not on, I have let it go several days without charging it and the battery meter still showed greater than half remaining. I went for a 8 mile run today, GPS on, and the battery barely went down any at all.

The everyday, always on, fitness tracking is much like a Fitbit. It resets it's count every day at midnight and then displays the days current total steps taken, the distance you have walked, current progress towards your goal, and calories burned. I really like the way it shows your current calories burned, it is figured from your base metabolism plus the amount burned from your activities. I also like the way it keeps track of your record times, fastest 5k, longest run, etc.

I have a Wahoo chest strap heart rate monitor that this watch automatically connects with via ANT, for heart rate display. It also does heart rate zone alerts. The Garmin Connect web site does a great job of tracking and displaying all of you stats.

It also does smart phone notifications, which is nice so you don't need to get you phone out of your pocket to read a new text, or to see who is calling. Also the display is bright, clear, and easy to read.

One of my main concerns about getting a sports watch was how big they are. I'm 5'6”, 140 lbs, and don't want a watch that is too big for every day use. This watch fits me perfect and looks like a normal watch size-wise.

The main thing missing from this watch is vibration alerts. Without a vibration alert you probably will not notice a heart rate zone change while running, or the smart phone notifications, unless you just happen to be looking at the watch when the alert comes in.
on November 9, 2015
After my beloved Garmin 305 broke and I couldn't get a new one since it is discontinued, I agonized over which to get next. I decided on the 25 because of the simple design (I never really used any of the fancier features on my old one anyway). I love that it was easy to use right out of the box, and the activity tracking feature is fun too. The only thing I don't like is that I can't display 3 things on the screen at once (e.g., time, distance, pace), but that's the price you pay for a smaller, sleeker screen. Overall, it is easy to use and does what I need it to do.
on May 7, 2015
So far so good! I ordered the Orange and my wife ordered the green. I've had a chance to wear and run with this model and it came highly recommended from other runners. So I'll write another review later when we've had time to go through the paces but what I've seen so far, this is going to be a great watch for running! We didn't need the Fitbit type functions the 15 offers as this provides what we need.
review image
on July 6, 2014
I'm sure you've read the reviews and learned that this is as basic as it gets, so don't expect too much of it. I've been using this for a month now and it just works. Let's discuss the issues instead and see how to best address them.

1. Battery life: Quit whining and just charge the battery when it's low. Ok it runs on GPS for only 5 hours. Limit your GPS-assisted runs for less than 5 hours on a fresh battery then. Or run a sub-5 marathon. Still whining? Then this isn't for you. Get something else.
2. Instant pace: It's been updated. It has it. Moving on....
3. Acquiring GPS signal: Stay in place and wait. If it really takes too long then press the lower right button. Once it asks: Use GPS? Select No. End the supposed non-GPS workout and try the GPS again. Worked for me.
4. Display: Just choose the display options you want and scroll through them. Time/distance and Time/pace is enough for me.
5. Strap: After a sweaty run, rinse it off with running water and dry it with a cloth. The watch is waterproof, and rated water resistant at 50 meters. Rinsing will make it last longer. Sweat can be corrosive.
6. High price: I got a refurbished unit instead from a trusted dealer in Amazon for less than a hundred. Works like new. What if it breaks? I'm not gonna sweat it. Life's short.

I guess that's pretty much it. I am a sub-2 half marathoner who runs in a humid country. I alternate my running days with my road bike or Mountain bike. Used to run using a Garmin FR210 but the dumb strap is part of the watch and is non-user replaceable. Wasn't able to do the rinse-off practice then. I used to do the whole uploading of running data on the Garmin website and fuss over the numbers. Not anymore. I'd rather head down for breakfast and interact with my family.
66 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
My husband bought this watch for me for my Birthday a couple years ago. I love it. I was always borrowing his Garmin watch since it had GPS and could keep track of how far I was running. His watch was huge on my wrist so he wanted me to have one that fit me much better. This watch is cute, light-weight, and has a lot of great features. I've never been one to ever keep a running log. However, this watch does that for you and so much more too automatically. It shows me the course I've run and the distance. It also keeps track of best 5K, best 10K and longer distances too. It tracks best times for runs but also longest distance runs. The virtual pacer is nice but, honestly...I don't use that feature myself a whole lot. I'm just happy to get out and run. I'm not trying to set any records or anything. :-) I also like that this watch has alarms for following the Galloway style of running....where you walk a bit and then also run for a time before switching back to walking. I have a friend that really relies on this with her Garmin and she loves this feature. I honestly don't use that much either. I prefer to run the whole time without the short walking breaks in between. However, it's nice to know I could use that feature if I wanted to. This watch also tracks calories burned. It seems to be pretty accurate. (Although burning calories is not the main reason I enjoy running, it's nice to be aware of how I'm doing in this area and this feature is a clear gauge for tracking calories too). I really love this watch and I wear it for way more than just running. It's waterproof so I like to wear it for swimming in the pool or with any water sport activity in the ocean too. I also wear it as an everyday watch sometimes too. Garmin also makes this watch in several other colors for ladies. My husband did great with the green for me. This is a great watch for sports, everyday, and especially running in particular. It's cute and light-weight too. Also, the price is very reasonable for a GPS watch and all that it can do. Most Garmin watches can be pretty expensive but this one is a very reasonable price. A great buy!
on April 16, 2014
I've had this watch for a little over a week and am very pleased with it so far. I do notice it takes a few minutes to acquire a signal when it's cloudy out, but it's pretty quick if the sky is clear. The distance tracking is accurate, and the screen is easy to read. I would like the "beep" for each mile to be a little louder, but that's not a huge issue for me. The watch is comfortable & doesn't slip around. It was easy to set up (didn't need the instruction manual) and took a couple hours to fully charge right out of the box. After the initial charge, it only takes about a half hour to an hour to fully charge when it's low. Garmin Connect was very easy to set up as well - just download the program, plug in the watch to the USB, & it will register easily. After every couple runs, just plug the watch in & hit the upload button - maps, times, distances, etc... all there in an easy format. I run about 20 to 30 miles per week on average, and this is a great, simple gadget to help with training.
on February 11, 2016
If you are an avid runner, the Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch is a must have. No matter what your running goals are, the watch will help you track your performance. For starters, it is accurate, it is easy to use, and it has a great design.

For someone who wants an accurate recording of time, distance, and pace, this watch will not let you down. When I was training for a marathon, it was important for me to have a reliable measurement of the distance and pace I was running. This watch does just that as it alerts you on your pace at each mile, and it provides a constant view of the distance you have ran.

If you’re looking for a watch that is not complicated to use, this watch will suit you. To engage the GPS so it will find your location, push the button in the upper right corner. Although finding your location can take some time, while you are waiting, you can use the time to stretch and warm up for your run. When you’re ready to begin running, press the same button to start the timer. If you would like to scroll through run options, history, or settings, press the button in the lower right corner. To go back to the main screen, you just have to push the button in the lower left corner, and it takes you back. When it’s time to recharge the watch, you just hook up the charger cable to the USB port on your computer. The watch will be ready to use again after an hour.

This watch has a great, user friendly design. The screen is large enough to be able to see your time and distance clearly, and it easily fastens around your wrist. The buttons are large enough, and they are easily accessible on the sides of the watch. Even better, for those who run in the early morning or evening, the watch has a screen that lights up so you can continue to monitor your performance while you are running.

Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch is a marvelous piece of equipment for a runner to own. It is accurate, it is easy to use, and it has a great design. When you combine these great features, you have a watch that will help anyone with a passion for running measure their performance and achieve their running goals.
review image
on October 23, 2016
I purchased a Garmin Forerunner 10 on Amazon for $102.71 on April 1, 2015. Although this watch was purchased last April, I have only recently begun using it for long distances and marathon training, and about 3 months ago during my 20 mile training runs it became apparent the battery would not stay charged and the watch would die during my run. The battery will not last longer than 3 hours on my recent long runs and did not last through my first marathon last weekend. This is unacceptable- the watch shut off at mile 18 during the Chicago Marathon.

My other watch is a Garmin 310 and it lasts weeks before needing a charge. I spoke with a technician in the Chicago Garmin store about this battery issue and he said I was sold an outdated model by Amazon and most likely the battery was defective from the beginning due to sitting in a warehouse for years before being sold to me- I just didn't notice until i most recently started running long. The technician said he hasn't sold this model in over 3 years and it has been updated by 2 newer versions in that time. I was basically sold a VERY old model that had been out of production for some time.The Garmin tech told me to write Garmin to have this watch repaired or replaced, but with only a 1 year warranty, I might be out of luck since I didn't discover the battery issue until recently. The watch is clearly defective and I would definitely NOT buy this model again as it is worthless for long runs. I spoke with a runner who also had this exact model and his lasts for 2-3 weeks before needing a battery charge.
on February 19, 2017
I bought this for my son for cross country as a freshman. They recommended a GPS watch and I use the 220, but didn't want to buy him that one and this one was pretty inexpensive and gives him exactly what he needs. His current pace, a timer, and the ability to track his runs. He doesn't need all the bells and whistles and this does a great job. It does seem to take a little longer to lock on the satellites than my 220 does. Sometimes 2 minutes. Not that big a deal. I actually like the way this connects to the USB better than my 220. The clip for the 220 is cumbersome, and his just snaps right on.

My son actually wears it all the time, he likes the way it looks.
on July 15, 2016
This watch has been great. The first time using GPS it took forever (30 min) to find my location, so I was worried, but every time after that it has located my position in maybe 30 seconds. My main gripes are that it takes ~3 hours to fully charge, and that the buttons stick out from the bezel so far that I'm constantly hitting them (especially the GPS tracking button) throughout the day by doing things like bending my wrist far, putting on a jacket... The biggest downside of that is that the GPS is a battery glutton, so on bad days you can kill a ton of battery. Typically get about 1.5-2 weeks of usage before it needs to be recharged. Only other issue is that it doesn't know the difference between running, mountain biking and other activities.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.