Garmin 010-02062-00 Dash Cam Mini, Car Key-Sized Dash Cam, 140-Degree Wide-Angle Lens, Captures 1080P HD Footage, Very Compact with Automatic Incident Detection and Recording
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Screen Size||1.3 Inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||1.23 x 2.1 x 1.15 inches|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p|
|Mounting Type||Adhesive Mount|
|Battery Cell Composition||Lithium Manganese Dioxide|
About this item
- Tiny, reliable dash camera automatically records incidents
- Car key-sized dash camera goes virtually unnoticed on your windshield
- 140-Degree wide-angle lens captures crisp 1080P HD footage
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8GB micro SD card, class-10 or faster (not included)
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity uploads saved footage to your compatible smartphone running The Garmin Drive app
- Dash Cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from up to four cameras on your smartphone using the Garmin Drive app
- Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this Device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use this Device.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Garmin Dash Cam Mini
· Tiny, reliable dash camera automatically records incidents
· Car key-sized dash camera goes virtually unnoticed on your windshield
· 140-degree wide-angle lens captures 1080p HD footage
· Automatically records and saves video of incidents
· Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity uploads saved footage to your compatible smartphone running the Garmin Drive app
· Dash Cam Auto Sync enables you to control and play back footage from up to four cameras on your smartphone using the Garmin Drive app
· Notice: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use this device.
Set it and Forget it
The car key-sized Garmin Dash Cam Mini is small enough to discreetly mount behind your rearview mirror. For added convenience, once you mount the dash camera on your windshield and plug it into the vehicle’s power source, it will automatically record and save video of incidents.
Built-in BLUETOOTH technology and Wi-Fi connectivity let you upload saved footage to your compatible smartphone running the Garmin Drive app. The Garmin Drive app is your convenient solution to view, edit and share your dash cam footage. If you use multiple Garmin dash cams to capture video in front of or behind your vehicle, the app uses Dash Cam Auto Sync to set up a network and sync recordings among the cameras. That way, if there is an incident, you can easily see the footage captured from multiple viewpoints. The app will also automatically combine and organize the media files so you can easily find and view them.
Compare with similar items
Garmin Dash Cam mini captures high-quality 1080P HD footage in a dash camera about as small as a car key. Once plugged into your vehicle’s power source, The camera continually records and automatically saves video of incidents. Notice: some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit use of this device. It is your responsibility to know and comply with applicable laws and rights to privacy in jurisdictions where you plan to use this Device.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By W. Wang on May 27, 2019
Updating the product review, need to be fair
1. After using the product for several months now, I have come to several conclusion, the car adapter was not damaged as original stated, it was getting stuck, thus creating a bad mechanical and electrical connection with the car outlet, I had to give a big push and make a good solid connection, now is working perfectly fine.
2. The App was causing problems with the release of the Sony Xperia XA2 Andriod Version 9, fortunatly enough, Sony launch a new software upgrade to correct minor defects on the OS, now the Garmin application run perfectly fine on the cellphone.
3. Camera getting hot:
This problem is still an issue, the camera is still getting hot, when I got the camera and installed the application software for the PC, I was able to connect the camera and make a FIRMWARE upgrade on the camera itself, this upgrade, does NOT eliminate the over heat issue, however, looks like the camera runs more efficiently and does not shut down during a long trip, however, the camera does shut down after 1 hour and 45 minutes, seems to be that putting the air conditioning helps in getting the camera to run a little bit hotter.
Dont get me wrong... the camera size and the picture quality are great, however, running the camera at such high temperatures (even if is within spec and according to automitive standards) could be risky.
Details: This camera is not ready for release, Garmin knows about all of these issues, and "they're working on fixing them!". if you want to view live feed, you will need to uninstall the app and reinstall it every time! It records fine, but you will not be able to see the recordings on your phone because the app will not connect (except for the first time right after installing the app, after that, you can take a pic. save a pic, and it records- I guess- but no live feed or videos review, it just hangs). I updated the firmware to the latest version, but issues persist. Not to mention the extreme overheating within 5 minutes of operation. How Garmin allowed the release of such defective product is baffling to say the least; it really hurts their brand and reputation.
For reference if anyone at Garmin cares, Phone: Note 8. OS: Android 9 Pie. Camera: Garmin Dash Cam Mini. Camera's firmware after the update: 7.10. SD card: Samsung 64GB PRO Endurance .
By Jay M. on July 7, 2019
Top reviews from other countries
Then it crapped out... and I wasted over two hours trying to fix it (without success).
Seemed easy to setup. Installed it on my windshield, downloaded the app, everything looked great. My SD card appeared to be recognized, I could stream live footage, look clear and crisp. I was excited.
Then it downloaded a firmware update... and now the camera doesn't work. After the firmware update, it refuses to recognize the microSD card. I confirmed the SD card was successfully recording data prior to that update. Tried other microSD cards - no luck. After update, it also stopped "live streaming" to my phone. So basically it is now useless.
And worst of all - I can't find a way to revert back the firmware.
Now I've wasted two hours of my life struggling with this dashcam - for something that should've only took 5 minutes to setup.
I will be returning this product.
Got 1 minute of pleasure - and 2 hours of headaches.
In conclusion: I DO NOT recommend you buy this dash cam!
It also does not remember the initial settings and asks for the country/locale and language every time it starts. It defaults to United States (and mph) and to set it to Canada one has to scroll all the way to the beginning of the list every time you start the camera/car (it does not skip from Z to A).
Additionally, it sometimes fails to connect to the phone app (and it will make your phone jump from WiFi to mobile data when it does).
I checked for any updates hoping they would solve the problem, but according to the app, the camera had the latest firmware (as of Sept 16, 2019).
I gave it two stars, as the footage is of decent quality. However, with all the points above, I can’t recommend it and will be returning the product.