Other Sellers on Amazon
3-Year GPS Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Garmin vívosmart - Black (Large)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Monitor calls, texts, meetings, emails and other notifications with vibration alerts so you don't miss a beat
- SLEEK TOUCHSCREEN BAND - Double tap to reveal the hidden OLED touchscreen and swipe to navigate pages
- VIBRATION ALERTS - vivosmart lets you know when you have calls, texts, emails, meetings, or if you just need to walk, with a vibration alert.
- SENSOR COMPATIBILITY - Get more out of vivosmart - pair it with a heart rate monitor1, bike speed sensor or VIRB Elite action camera2
- AUTO SYNC - vivosmart automatically syncs with mobile devices at strategic times throughout the day, such as when a goal is met or when several steps have been taken since the last sync.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Activity Tracker Plus Smart Notifications
- Displays steps, calories, distance and time of day
- Vibration alerts for calls, texts and emails from your smartphone
- Easy operation using touch and swipe
- Inactivity alert reminds you to move
- Auto goal keeps you challenged
Tap to See Stats
vívosmart features a sleek, invisible display that comes to life when you get a notification or when you give the band a tap. Then the OLED display shines through the band to reveal your steps, distance traveled, calories burned, time of day and more.
vívosmart automatically syncs your data to Garmin Connect™, our online fitness community, when you use the free app on your compatible Bluetooth® device¹. You can also access Garmin Connect on your computer.
Stay active and connected with vívosmart wearable technology. Each time you receive a text, email or call from your compatible Bluetooth device, vívosmart gently vibrates and automatically displays the information. Simply touch and swipe the screen to read more.
Tells Time and "Time to Move"
Research shows prolonged periods of inactivity, like sitting, decrease your body’s production of fat-burning enzymes. The good news: that can be reversed with frequent, short walk breaks.
You might lose track of time but vívosmart remembers. After 1 hour of inactivity, vívosmart vibrates to let you know that it’s time to move. Walking for a couple of minutes will reset the inactivity timer.
vívosmart follows your progress 24/7 and can stay on for up to 7 days, before the battery needs a charge. With a water rating of 5 ATM, you can wear vívosmart in the shower or when you swim, worry-free.
Use the built-in alarm clock and vívosmart will alert you with a gentle vibration. Set the sleep mode at bedtime and monitor your rest. Later, you can view your total sleep hours, as well as periods of movement and restful sleep, on your Garmin Connect page.
Personalized Daily Goals
vívosmart learns your current activity level, then assigns an attainable daily goal. As you meet your milestones, vívosmart adjusts your goal for the next day, gradually nudging you toward a more active lifestyle. At Garmin Connect, our free online community, you can earn virtual badges and view your progress.
vívosmart automatically syncs with your connected Bluetooth mobile device at strategic times throughout the day, like when a goal is met or when several steps have been taken since the last sync.
At Garmin Connect, you can track your progress, and earn virtual badges for extra motivation. You can also join online challenges and connect, compete and compare with friends and family around the world.
When you’re ready to take the next steps toward better health, vívosmart has additional features to keep you motivated. Use with a heart rate monitor² to record your heart rate and zone data and get more accurate calorie burn information for any fitness activity, such as a run or a cardio class at the gym. You can also pair vívosmart with bike speed sensors (sold separately).
For detailed calorie tracking, you can create an account at MyFitnessPal and link it to your Garmin Connect account. This allows you to compare calories consumed to total calories burned, which vívosmart records throughout the day.
Also at Garmin Connect, you can join online challenges with other vívosmart users or start your own competition with friends to compete for virtual badges and bragging rights.
Show Your True Colors
vívosmart is available in 2 band sizes — small (5.0-6.8”/127-172 mm) and large (6.1-8.7”/155-221 mm) — and a range of colors to fit your personal style.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: After the display completely died, Garmin offered a refurbished model. This new model arrived promptly after I payed to send the original back. The refurbished model is working as expected. I have some trepidation about exposing this to large amounts of water because I believe that is was killed the last one. I have started showering with it again. The spec say that it should be more than enough moisture resistant for my needs. I do have to say that I really missed the functionality while I sent the old one back!
Updated Review 09-08-2015 My replacement has been great! Made it through a season of softball and still works perfectly!
Updated Review 01-12-2016 Unfortunately, I can't recommend this product. Once again my display seems to be slowly failing. The company does not stand by their product and only offers refurbished replacements that you pay for shipping. I will not be purchasing the newer version because I don't appreciate the way they handle product replacement. It's too bad because I think it would have been really good if it had been more durable and the customer service had been better.
Then, bad things first.
1) Don't include the complete user's manual within the packaging. It does come with a "quick start". But that brief "instructions" do not tell you about all the features of Vivosmart. To save your time, the link is http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/vivosmart_OM_EN.pdf
2) Don't support non-Latin characters, such as Chinese. On the wristband, it will just skip non-Latin characters. (Note: skip, not replace them with squares or spaces) But it's fine. I didn't expect to check messages from this small band. As a reminder of what's going on, it should be enough.
3) The companion app on the phone needs more work.
4) Price could be lower. :)
Now, it comes the good things.
1) Notifications! It's the number one reason I choose Vivosmart. I used to own a Fitbit Force, which was guaranteed with a "coming soon" notification function that never came before the bands were recalled. I paired it with my iPhone 5s. The notification feature works perfectly so far. And thus, I have to turn off notification for some unused apps in order not to be annoyed.
2) Waterproof! It has a waterproof rate of 5 ATM. It means that you can definitely swim with the Vivosmart on. But please make sure that you attach the black clasp, which is included, in order to secure your band from falling off. If you swim in salted (sea) water, don't forget to clean the band with clean water afterwards.
3) Anti-lost/find-my-phone function! You can use the wrist band to find your phone when they are still connected through Bluetooth. Vivosmart will make your phone play a sound even in silent mode while you are trying to find it. The display on the wristband also indicates the distance between the band and the phone. Otherwise, the band vibrates when lost connection with the phone. You should be alerted if your phone is stolen at this time.
4) Time display and alarm clock. This actually comes handy. You can also modify the settings to let it light up and display time when you raise your hand. But currently, you can only set one alarm clock on Vivosmart.
5) It's light and low-profile. Its appearance is way better than the dis-continued Fitbit Force (personal taste matters).
6) Health-related things. The band counts basic parameters, steps, miles, and calories, as other health wristbands do. But it also has a "Move bar" which reminds you to stand and move around if you sit still for more than a hour. By the way, you can also track your sleep using the band. In order to track heart rate and cycling workout, you will need to buy extra monitors to pair the Vivosmart wristband. Since I don't have these extra accessories, I have no idea how they would work together.
7) 7-day battery life. It's just reasonable.
8) Music control. I don't use this function though this could be handy to other people. I control the music playing on my phone using my bluetooth earplugs.
9) Garmin Virb camera control. I don't have a Virb camera. So... Never mind.
I've been using it for about three days. I know it's not a long time. I still need another four days before charging it for the first time. I will update the review if I find out anything else.
I have also tried the Pebble Steel smart watch. But a smart watch is a notification / control device first and a health device second. Plus battery life typically is no more than 1 day.
All of the monitors had strengths and weaknesses.
I am not a fitness fanatic, but I am a senior citizen who is of necessity health conscious.
Of the simple devices I liked the UP24, but the way the bracelet fit was a problem for me. I was constantly catching it on clothing etc. But their ecosystem was the best I have seen to date.
Of all the fitness monitors with display, I have best liked the Polar Loop, the Garmin Vivofit and now the Vivosmart. I prefer those three because they can pair with a heart rate monitor for those times where I am at the gym and need to stay in a particular HR zone.
The Polar loop was excellent BUT the touch display required a solid connection to your wrist before a finger touch was detected. Plus when you are in motion you have to use both hands to see the display.
The Garmin Vivofit was near perfect for me. I loved the battery life and the always on display. I didn't like not being able to tell the time at night.
The Vivosmart is the best of the lot for MY use. Water PROOF. Reasonable battery life, it turns on with a raise of my wrist, it has all the fitness features I need (including heart rate) AND it has a moderate number of alert capabilities.
I have carefully tuned my iPhone to only include certain types of alerts in the notification center. For example email only from those in my VIP group. That keeps the number of alerts on my wrist to a minimum.
My only issue is with the Garmin Connect service. In general it lags behind FitBit etc. Sleep data is captured but not analyzed. Food can be logged into Myfitnesspal but there isn't (yet) much of an exchange of data beyond that. ETC.
My needs are well served by the Vivosmart. I have no need for an Apple Watch or a Motorola 360. The wrist based HR monitor devices are all either flaky during aggressive exercise or not water resistant enough for the shower.
I suspect I will keep wearing the Vivosmart for some time to come.