3-Year GPS Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Garmin Drive 50 USA LM GPS Navigator System with Lifetime Maps, Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Direct Access, Driver Alerts, and Foursquare Data
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- DRIVER ALERTS - Receive alerts for upcoming sharp curves, speed changes, school zones, a fatigue warning, nearby red light and speed cameras and more
- EASY TO USE - Dedicated GPS navigators display current street, current speed, speed limit and arrival time
- GARMIN REAL DIRECTIONS - Guides like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights
- FOURSQUARE - Preloaded data from Foursquare adds millions of new and popular stores, restaurants and more. Display resolution 480 x 272 pixels
- DIRECT ACCESS - Simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, such as malls and airports
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $29.54.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Garmin Drive includes all of the great driver awareness alerts like upcoming sharp curves, fatigue warning, speed changes, railroad crossings and more. It's simple to use and dedicated to getting you to your destination with ease. Thanks to Foursquare, it's preloaded with millions of more new and popular places.
Dedicated GPS Navigator with Driver Awareness
- Easy-to-use, dedicated GPS navigator with dual-orientation display
- Preloaded with detailed maps of the U.S. or U.S. and Canada (depending on the model selected)
- Driver alerts for increased awareness, including upcoming sharp curves, school zones, speed changes and more
- Garmin Real Directions feature guides like a friend, using landmarks and traffic lights
- Find new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
Helpful Driver Alerts for Your Daily Commute
Garmin Drive GPS navigators provide driver alerts to encourage safer driving and increase situational awareness. Warnings include alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railroad crossings and animal crossings. Additionally, Garmin Drive notifies you when driving the wrong way on a one-way street and sends warnings for nearby school zones. Receive alerts for nearby red light and speed cameras. For longer drives, a fatigue warning suggests break times and potential rest areas after hours of driving. The Up Ahead feature lets you easily see places up ahead and milestones along your route, without leaving the map view.
Red Light Camera
Up Ahead Feature
Garmin Real Directions
Garmin Drive redefines “spoken turn-by-turn directions” with Garmin Real Directions, easy-to-understand driving directions that guide like a friend, using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights.
Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports and shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. It will even navigate through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination.
Easier to Search, Quicker to Find
Garmin Drive's search field makes it easy to find addresses and (POIs). Simply enter a category (like ‘pizza’), an entire address (‘1234 Sycamore Lane, Anytown, USA’) or a proper name (‘Starbucks’), and Garmin Drive quickly returns your results.
Add a Camera to Your Drive
When traveling with a baby or toddler, add Garmin babyCam to your drive. babyCam is an in-vehicle video baby monitor that conveniently provides an ‘on demand’ view of your backseat passenger, right on your navigation display. (babyCam sold separately).
|Preloaded maps||USA or USA+CAN||North America||North America||North America|
|Display Size||5" or 6"||5", 6", 7"||5"||5"|
|Dual-orientation display||✔||Not available on 7"||Automatic|
|Lifetime map updates||Select models||✔||✔||✔|
|Built-in dash cam||✔|
|Elegant and sleek metal design||✔|
|HD Digital traffic||✔|
Garmin Drive 50 USA LM is a 5-inch GPS navigator featuring spoken turn-by-turn directions, lifetime maps of the lower 49 U.S. states, and the latest in Garmin driver alerts to increase situational awareness and encourage safer driving. Features new driver alerts for upcoming sharp curves, fatigue warnings, speed changes, railroad crossings, and so much more. Receive alerts for nearby red light and speed cameras. Garmin Real Directions feature guides using landmarks and traffic lights. Preloaded with millions of more new and popular places thanks to Foursquare. New driver awareness warnings make Garmin Drive the watchful companion to your daily commute.
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this GPS unit as a backup for google maps on my Nexus 5 for a cross country trip from IL to CA. Surprisingly by the end of the trip, I found myself using the Garmin about 99% of the time. I am comparing this unit against google maps that I use 99% of the time otherwise.
The reasons I like this better than google maps:
1. The split screen was really informative - especially with large lane guidance in unfamiliar areas and upcoming stops displayed next to the map without having to navigate away from the live map. This may not be a problem with long stretches of roads but in a city for example, the ability to show important stops like gas, food and rest stops without having to risk going away from the map and losing a turn.
2. The "Up next" info was probably the most useful feature for me as the three most important things during a long trip Viz. Food, Fuel and rest areas are very conveniently shown next to the map. This allowed me to get fuel at the upcoming gas station if the next one after that (whose distance was also shown as part of what's up next information) was going to be 100 miles away. This saved my from running out of fuel a couple of times in the middle of the AZ/NM/NV area.
3. The current speed limit was very helpful and I found it was about 100 yards off from the signs posted (i.e. the GPS took about 100 yards to catch up with the posted speed limit signs). This is better than google maps which does not have any such information at all.
4. Offline navigation! This in itself was the main reason I brought a dedicated GPS unit and I was not disappointed! I shudder to think of not having navigation in the middle of Arizona/Utah because of lack of phone coverage.
After using a dedicated GPS (while coming from a position of skepticism of it's usefulness over google maps), I will say that I probably will be using this GPS for all my long distance driving over using my phone (and leave my phone always connected to the charger). But for inner city navigation, I still prefer google maps/waze for almost instantaneous traffic based navigation.
Most recent customer reviews
For a cheaper end GPS this is about what I'd expect.Read more