Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmin Nuvi 1300, 1350, 1350T Car and Wall Charger
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on May 3, 2011
I bought this so I would have another car charger for my Garmin nuvi 1390. My Garmin gets its power from a standard USB Mini which both the car charger and wall AC charger provide.

When I plugged my Garmin into the car charger my Garmin nuvi 1390 thought it was connected to a computer at first. It then figured it out and came on. While that would be a little annoying it's not the real problem.

When I had my Garmin plugged into the car adapter it would run for a few minutes,then it would go off, then come back on for a few minutes, then go off, then come back on ... Anyway you get the picture.

I haven't decided if I'm going to try to return. The shipping cost more than the item did.

I wish I could give it no stars.
on February 1, 2011
On the plus side, product was received in a very timely manner, and was exaclty as pictured.

Unfortunately, these are NOT Garmin chargers. These are USB chargers. When used with the Garmin Nuvi, all they do is cause the Nuvi to cycle through the computer syncing mode over and over. The battery does not charge, and you cannot use the Nuvi to navigate.

I have contacted the seller but have not heard back from them. If you have a USB phone or other device that does charge using a USB port delivering USB voltage, then these items will have other uses around your home.

But if, like me, you wanted to be able to charge and program your Nuvi at home, and have a spare 12V cord for a second vehicle, DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM.
on December 29, 2010
Got what I expected for a good price. When it arrived, I was surprised how light the package was and wondered about the quality. However it all has worked flawlessly. The AC charger is very handy to charge it up before a trip, or for a walking trip. The car charger is a back-up. You should be aware that when you use it, you loose the traffic feedback for the NUVI 1350 since the FM receiver is integrated into the original car charger and it is not included in the one that comes with this package. But the price is right!
on June 1, 2011
i took this to mean they would function the same as the stock power supplies...however they do not...they put my nuvi into an endless loop of rebooting...after several hours of this it is charged but strictly charging is not what i bought this for...i am very disappointed that it doesn't work as advertised and would not advise anyone to buy these to use with a nuvi.
on July 26, 2012
Bought this last year with my Nuvi, all it does it thinks it's in computer mode and it's a hassle to keep the GPS on. Everytime you shut the car off it asks if you want to stay on and I click stay on, but as soon as power is turned back on the GPS goes into computer mode and it reboots a couple of times and then the GPS doesn't work properly for a while....DO NOT USE THIS ITEM, it will end up frying your Nuvi!

I ended up throwing it away after the 1st couple of trys, not worth damaging my Nuvi, I won't dare try to AC charger!
on June 23, 2011
Wall AC Charger very poor quality. I was not able to use it because it kept disconnecting power to my Garmin even while plugged in. Don't buy this!
on August 16, 2011
I gave my dad the Garmin GPS as a gift and threw this in as almost an afterthought when it popped up on Amazon as one of the "Items most often purchased" list. I thought, for such a cheap price, what's to loose? I guess in this case there was little to gain, because these apparently worked for a while but the home plug in has long since stopped working. I guess that is the gamble you make in buying cheaper, off brand products. I have done it in the past with chargers for cell phones with a lot of success, so maybe this particular type is bad, or I just got the unlucky bad apple. Buy with few hopes!
on October 8, 2011
The car charger is junk! It does Not work with the Garmin Nuvi 1300. I kept receiving error msgs AND you also can't keep the Garmin plugged into this charger & be able to use it.

My original car charger that came with the garmin nuvi 1300 works correctly so I know it's not the GPS unit.

[...]

I had to choose a rating to get this published and think it should be ZERO stars but unfortunately the minimum rating is One star. :(
on July 6, 2013
We've traveled several times across country, and we never had to worry about being lost because as long as you keep it updated from your computer, it knows every which way you can go. You can look up places of interest in the city you're in and save favorite directions like "Mom's house" for example. I feel comfortable knowing that I'll never be lost in cities like Phoenix, Az with my trusty Garmin.
on May 1, 2011
This power supply did not work to charge our Garmin nuvi 1350T GPS at 120V.
The 12 V was not tried