Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,743 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,807 reviews
on August 5, 2015
This unit works very well until it flakes out and fails. I've had two of them. The first started to lose contact with my Garmin 510 after about a year. Replacing the battery helped only marginally so I bought a new one. After only three months it is starting to fail, which leads me to my second complaint. Of course the first thing you do when the unit starts to fail is replace the battery! But this is tremendously tedious and error-prone. Rather than use something reasonable like a tiny hex-head screw, the unit has miniature philips-head screws, so tiny that even a #0 driver doesn't fit. I end up using jewelers tools, but the screws are in so tight, the only way to get them out is to clamp a vise-grip on the tiny screwdriver and wrestle it into submission. Here's hoping that the battery is the problem this time.
review image
1616 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2015
I run frequently but just recently got into the data around my runs. I bought a Garmin Forerunner 15 a few weeks back, and love the data it gives me. I wanted to add to that by utilizing the heart rate monitor. I'm glad I got the "Premium," my understanding is that it has the wider strap. I say get the premium. My average run is about 6 miles, and I can't imagine having a smaller strap. This strap keeps it in place and I can hardly tell it's there. It linked to my watch automatically once I hit the button to stat a run. Great product and fun data!
on April 2, 2017
When product arrived, it would not connect to my garmin watch. Screws were so tight that I could not open the cover to the battery set. I ordered a jewelers screwdriver set so that I could open it on my own. Even with a jewelers screwdriver set, the screws were balding and I couldn't open it. I took the product to a watch review shop to get it open. When I finally was able to deal with this, I tried replacing the battery. A new battery didn't fix the problem and now it is outside of the return window so I can't even get my money back.

Was not a problem with my garmin watch, because it connects to other HR monitors.
on June 13, 2017
The signal cuts in and out when my wife uses it. We've tried everything...wetting the underside, tightening it, waiting to get your HR up a bit, for the signal to kick in.... I have 4 of these. One died after half a season, too. Sometimes I start my ride and my Garmin 520 can't find it for a few miles.
If you care about getting results, I'd look for a more dependable model. I've been slowly switching my stuff over to bluetooth.
on March 3, 2015
Love this soft strap. I bought this to go along with my Joule 2.0 cycling computer for training and for the upcoming collegiate road season. I've owned the hard strap monitors before and this is way better. After 10 minutes of riding or so, you forget that you are wearing it. The single hook to put it on makes it way easier to get on than the hard strap versions. So far I've worn it for about 100 miles and haven't noticed it skipping, missing, or faulting on reading my heartrate like some of the other straps I've had so it is way more consistent. It is also rather light which is a plus for cycling and most other activities in which you will wear it.
on April 29, 2017
If you want accuracy, this monitor works well. I've had one for 5 years with no issues. Very well made and time tested by me.
on October 14, 2015
I have not tried any of the alternative Ant+ HRM devices so I don't know how this compares. As other reviewers have noted Garmin chose a truly baffling and decidedly non-user-friendly design for the battery cover that is secured by four tiny screws requiring a very small Phillips screwdriver that not everybody has handy. Garmin does recommend a specific #0 Phillips screwdriver sold by Wiha (see https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={47b46cf0-b862-11e4-6728-000000000000}) that works well with the strap, but the Craftsman Phillips #0 that I have did NOT work well with the battery cover. The other Garmin sensors I own have better designed battery covers. When my battery died after about 9 months of frequent use I changed the battery but neither I nor a local jeweler were able to get the screws to tighten sufficiently to form a seal. Garmin did agree to replace the monitor but I don't know what will happen the next time I have to change the battery. I am disappointed that Garmin obviously knows users are encountering problems with this design but they have so far failed to improve it.
The sensor seems to work reasonably well once the battery is properly installed. The chest strap is less comfortable than the Polar straps I used previously but it is functional. I do find the chest strap a bit hard to clean and even after washing it as directed it often has an unpleasant smell as soon as I begin to sweat. Not good. The newest versions have a slightly more comfortable strap but I don't know yet how well they clean up when washed.
Some users have successfully used the Garmin sensor with the more comfortable Polar straps. The sensor fits the straps properly but I have never had any luck with that approach.
In my opinion this HRM is ridiculously expensive but I have not found any Ant+ HRM devices that are less expensive and it does work.
on September 1, 2017
Like many other reviewers I'm sad, even upset to say that the HR strap that I spent a lot of money on is totally useless. Purchased less than 10 months ago it really started having problems around 3-4 months, I switched out numerous batteries, tried trouble shooting, etc. Eventually I gave up on it, then tried again to bring it back this last week but without luck. I'm wishing I'd just purchased the other way more affordable and compatible one instead.
on December 22, 2015
Works great and paired easily with my Garmin Oregon 600. I have other HR monitors for some other devices, and this one seems to be the best quality. Fit is easily adjustable and attachment clasp is good. I use a tiny dab of Spectra Electrode Gel with it, and monitoring is instant and consistent. Spectra 360 Electrode Gel - Parker Laboratories - 8.5 oz Tube - (Pack of 2)

Edit: 2/5/2016
Comfort is still excellent. The screws on the back are ridiculous when it comes time to change the battery. I have a jeweler's screwdriver set and can't find one that will work to remove them.They seem to fit the head of the screw, but the screw head just strips when any torque is applied to loosen them. *I'm not a novice when it comes to mechanical ability, either*
on May 19, 2017
Purchased this a few weeks ago. Paired it with my Pioneer Cycling Computer and the Row Erg Computer. I works great, no issues so far. BTW, the screws for the back panel to access the battery has changed so you can NOW use a small jewelers philips head screwdriver and not a torx head or anything else to strip the top.

I paired it to other computers on gym equipment with no issues. Make sure to take a mental note of the code as this is the number you will want to see each time you pair with any type of measuring computer. Have fun and high-heart-rate away!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.