Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Size: One Size|Change

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 111 reviews
on May 26, 2014
The mounting kit arrived well packaged and in good condition in Garmin Packaging with instructions. The instructions are clear,although it takes a moment to visualize attaching the mount with the rubber mounts to the handlebar. I have used it on a 25 mile ride followed by a run and it holds securely to the bike . When you transition to the run you just give it a firn counterclockwise twist and it comes off to be put onto your wristband.

In order for it to snap into your wristband you have an adapter mount which makes the watch bulkier, but it works.
There are other options, but for less than $20.00 it works great.
on October 5, 2011
Good product, great for the bike. Makes unit sit much higher on wrist though, so that kinda stinks. I would just get the bike bar mount if I was to do it again and keep the original wristband on.
on August 25, 2011
This quick mount kit is a step up from garmin's original because you re-use your original watch band. Installing the mount on the bike is very easy using the included o-rings. I've taken it out on 3 rides so far, and we do go over 3 train tracks and some rough roads and I have had no issues with the mount or the display moving, shifting or falling off. I do think this would be a bit awkward to put on/take off during a serious triathlon competition, but for all of my training, it is perfect.
on March 13, 2012
I bought this item to bike with the Forerunner 310 XT attached to my bike so I may read and access easily. This product fulfills all hopes that I had.

If you spent $300 + on a watch, then this is definitely worth it. I purchased a road bike about three weeks ago and then spent about $300 on Amazon getting random accessories: shoes, new pedals, water bottle holder, shorts, helmet, etc. One of those accessories I purchased was this kit, as I already had the Forerunner, so I thought why not.

This has proved itself soooo much. Before I received the kit I would simply wear the watch. That was a bad idea as it really messes with your pose to check your watch and you can not look very long and you are not steady when you do so. You certainly can't mess with the buttons very effectively. Once this came all that changed.

Installation was somewhat a pain, but that is because you are working with small watch pins. MAKE SURE NOT TO LOSE THESE AS YOU WILL BE SOL. Beyond that, once installed it is easy. And the installation on the bike was a jiffy, it was installing the watch bracket to the watch band that was difficult to me. I do not think the bracket adds much bulk to the watch, and it isn't like you bought the watch to be fashionable in the first place.

Personally, I am really happy with this purchase. I use my watch much more so now and love looking on Garmin Connect looking at all my progress.

Pros: Functional, affordable, cheap, as described, expands watch usage, allows to monitor whatever the Forerunner is capable of while riding.

Cons: Installation (And don't let this seem big at all, it wasn't, but if there was a down side this is it).

Definitely give my stamp of approval and definitely recommend this.
on May 30, 2012
I purchased the Garmin 310XT quick release kit along with my Garmin Forerunner 310XT. The quick release kit was easy to assemble and easy to attach to my bike. The only down side to this product is that the Garmin now sits on top of the wrist band, making it a bit more bulky. The quick release kit does make the transition from my bike to the run seamless and easy.
on January 5, 2012
Bought this package and was told by many that it was very easy to use. well, they were right., as long as you read the instructions!
after reading the instructions i was able to pop off the current straps utilizing the tool that was included, then was able to easily attach the quick release back.
it makes it a little more bulky, but with a bulky watch, it really doesn't make much of a difference.

great product, well made and easy to put together. the quick release is tight enough that it won't come undone and snaps into place once attached. just like a cycling shoe on the pedal, just twist and it releases relatively easily.
on September 2, 2014
Bought this quick release for my recently purchased Garmin 310xt watch. The bike mount is a nice upgrade over the quick release for the 305 model. For one, it is lower profile and takes up less space on the handle bars. And second, this version allows you to mount the bracket on the stem, whereas previous models only allowed a handle bar mount. It is very easy to mount and remove the watch at the quick release. The watch strap is a little hard to work with, as it has a couple of rubber pieces intended to insert into the holes to keep it from slipping, making it hard to take the watch off if you put it on too tight. Very happy with my purchase so far, 2-3 months after I started using it.
on September 12, 2011
This thing is sweet! Garmin finally got a ForeRunner quick release bracket right. In fact, the next step should be to mold the bracket right into the back of the watch to decrease the bulk. The strap is the same high quality at the strap that came with the watch. The little band that holds the strap down next to the buckle has two notches to keep it from sliding off and allowing the strap to flip up and get in the way. The bike bracket fits snugly on the handle bars or as I use it, on the handlebar stem. The watch clicks in and out of the watch bracket or bike bracket very smoothly but not too easily as to fly off the bike after hitting a bump. The bracket has not started to loosen with wear (about three months). The only down side is, the watch bracket is sorta thick giving the watch a high profile on my wrist. Overall a great product that I highly recommend.
on June 4, 2016
Perfect pairing for my Garmin 310XT watch. If you own a Garmin 310XT and both cycle and run, this quick release mounting kit is just what you need. It does make your watch a little bulkier, but it really saves you on the bike. I do not remember what the watch felt like without the wristband adapter, because I never used the watch without it, but I do not experience any discomfort with the wristband adapter. Both mounts securely hold on to the watch face. I have used it to run and swim in lakes and never had issues. The installation was a little finicky, but nothing you can't overcome. You will need a very small flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers to make it happen. The adapter allows you to easily transition the watch face to the bike mount in seconds with a quick 90 degree turn on both mounting apparatuses. This is an ideal solution for the triathlete who wants to be able to use their Garmin 310XT as a bike computer. Highly recommend.
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 9, 2014
I switched from the Forerunner 305, so the 310xt felt very light and small on my wrist when I first got it. I wanted a quick release system to be able to switch between run and bike, and also to tuck the main unit in a swim cap for open water swims. Unlike prior versions which apparently came with a black wrist strap, this system uses the existing straps on the 310xt and attaches them to a quick release base. This adds some height and bulk to the watch, a little over 1/4 inch I would estimate. For me it's worth it to be able to switch quickly between sports, but if you are mainly a runner and an occasional cyclist, I would opt for the bike mounting kit that allows you to just strap the watch onto your handlebars.

I wasn't expecting it, but mine came with 2 quick release bases so I was able to put one on the mountain bike and one on the road bike. The pictures only show one bike base, so maybe I just got lucky.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.