Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 288 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 300 reviews
on March 15, 2016
For the sake of your sanity you'll want to do the following.

1. Make the pin holes in the straps a tiny bit bigger before you start, otherwise the pin won't go in fully and the strap will come off.
2. Lay the Garmin down on it's face to avoid triggering the touch functions as you try to push the pin in.
3. When replacing the shorter strap, fold the longer one back on itself and wrap with an elastic band otherwise it gets in the way constantly.
4. Listen for the click, but don't assume the pin has gone in properly.
5. The pin is spring loaded. Be ready to catch it when testing if the strap is attached properly.
on May 8, 2017
My wristband had broken after I'm not sure how many miles of use, but I was really missing it! I was having to run while holding the face in my hand, which was better than going without! I finally thought to search out a replacement strap on amazon. It arrived quickly with the tool for changing it out, as well as two new spring-loaded bars just in case. I looked up a youtube video on how to change it out, and it took me about 30 minutes because the parts are so tiny, but now that I have the strap in place I am loving having my Garmin back on my wrist for running!!! Love it! Great quallity & genuine parts.
on July 22, 2017
This is the second replacement band I've purchased for my Garmin 410, and will be the last one as it was so frustrating I went ahead and purchased the Vivoactive. The reviews for this product do not lie; it is extremely difficult to replace this band. After literally hours of trying, we realized the posts on the replacement band were longer than the ones on the watch-we filed them down and could finally get it to go on. But I'm done with the 410; clearly, it's an obsolete product that Garmin is not going to be supporting for much longer.
on August 25, 2016
The broken part of my original band needing replacement worked out fine.The longer portion of the original band was what I was looking for to have replaced. However, because you cannot (to my knowledge) order only one side of a band, I did receive the complete set and figured because I paid for it that I might as well replace the short side band (with latch), too. When attempting to replace the band from old to new, after many many attempts, the new band just would not connect correctly with the pin due to the holes not being deep enough to catch on to. Consequently, I ended up paying full price for half a watch band.
on August 21, 2017
This is not the correct band at all! It does not line U.K. with the watch. Spent three hours trying to put it on. Put the old band back on in 29 seconds or less!
on August 1, 2012
This was just what I was looking for to replace my watchband on my existing Garmin. Getting the old watchband off was no joke, though I found a video to help explain it [Amazon does not allow links to youtube, but you could find it by searching Google for Youtube "Changing wrist bands on Forerunner 405 & 405CX"] I thought that the tool would undo the torx screws on the back of the watch. So I was initially thinking I was going to use the tool like a screwdriver. I would recommend setting up to replace it on a desk, counter, or workbench with good overhead lighting. Once I got the band off getting it back on was easier. I found that it was quicker for me if I pushed the spring-bar to one side and connected one side then push down while pushing the spring-bar towards the connected side from the back / side of the watch. Once the second side snapped into place then I slid the spring-bar toward each side to make sure it was secure on the watch face. You probably want to pull out on the band a bit to make sure that it is secure. You won't want this popping off on a trail run.

As a note, the picture of the product looks like it came with two spring bars. Mine either didn't or I lost them when opening the package but I didn't need them anyhow as my existing springbars were in tip-top shape.
on May 27, 2017
This has got to be the worst design possible for a wristband. As other commenters have noted, the holes aren't quite sized right for the pins provided and you're working in a tiny little cutout to try to align everything. Ended up replacing the short side (the broken one), but just put my old long one back on with the old pin after a day of trying to make the new one fit.
on May 24, 2016
Maybe this replacement strap has been upgraded since some of these reviews were written, but I was able to replace my band in 10 minutes. No sanding or filing of plastic needed. It is regrettable that some sort of simple directions are not included but what do you expect for cheap plastic parts made in Taiwan? Notably, it is a bit difficult to remove the retaining pins, and then to get them to seat in the correct place on the new band. The tip about using a bad tie or elastic band to tie back the longer strap on the watch is spot on.
on February 10, 2014
The replacement band is the second one that I have purchased for my Garmin 405 Forerunner watch. The first replacement band was purchased several years ago directly from Garmin and fit perfectly. Getting the pins to seat properly was fairly straight forward. The second replacement band was purchased via Amazon from Heart Rate Monitors USA. My order fulfillment went without a hitch. The product arrived as promised. Great service.....but my issue is with what the sent. It looks like a Garmin replacement, except it doesn't fit my watch very well. The pins that hold the watch band in place were a bear to get seated because of the poor fit. In fact, on one side, the pins will not seat and work loose frequently. I compared the clasp end of the band to my first replacement and the molding is different and does not look like a good fit to the case. The clearance between the two is too large for the pins to lock. Bad molded product!
on October 25, 2011
This replacement band looks identical to the original band. It arrived quickly - in less than a week from Amazon. After I got the broken strap off and this one on, the Garmin looks like new again. I did't have to replace both straps - just the side that broke and it latches perfectly with the old side that I left on.

The tool that came with it works great to get the old strap off. For those who haven't replaced a watch band before it may be a challenge as you are working in a tiny hole in the back of the Garmin band where you can't see what you are doing. No written instructions came with it. It is easy once you understand how it works.

If you've never replaced a watch band the following might help: Push on an end of one of the little metal pins and notice how the pin springs in. To remove the old strap place the tool in one of the two tiny square holes on the underneath side of the watch to push one end of the pin in while pulling the strap off. When the end of the pin is pushed in properly the broken strap easily pulls out. Then observe how the old pin is inserted in the broken strap and you'll see how to insert the pin in the new strap and attach to the watch. It usually is easy to replace but if you have difficulty be patient. Try practicing with the tool on one of the new pins that came in the kit so you can see where you need to place the tool and how much pressure is needed to retract the pin. Or you can do what my son did - ask his mother if I could do it :) If you're still having no luck you could take your Garmin and this kit to any jewelry store and they could quickly replace it and shouldn't charge much if anything.