Garmin Tactix Bravo, Black with Silicone Band
|Price:||$599.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- NAVIGATOR + ABC - High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS positioning with automatic calibrating altimeter, barometer and 3-axis compass
- BLACK, NON-REFLECTIVE - All-black, non-reflective design inspired by the requirements of tactical gear intended for use in the field
- NIGHT VISION GOGGLE COMPATIBLE - Reduces backlight settings to a level that doesn’t interfere with the operation of night vision goggles
- WATER RATING - Water rated up to 10ATM / 100 meters1; suitable for swimming
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY- Utilize one or more Wi-Fi hot spots to automatically sync your data with Garmin Connect and update software (when in range)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Night Vision
- Outdoor Nav
- Smart Notifications
True Performance Meets Tactical Functionality.
- 1.2-inch high-resolution, sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display with high-strength domed sapphire lens, capable of switching between 2 modes: day use and night vision goggle compatibility
- Omni-directional stainless steel EXO antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments
- All-black, rugged and durable design inspired by the requirements of tactical gear intended for use in the field
- Knurled bezel with a black diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating for increased abrasion resistance and black PVD-coated stainless steel buttons, knurled start/stop button, rear case plate and screws
- Tactical specific features like Jumpmaster, projected waypoints, dual-format GPS coordinate data and TracBack
Built-in Tactical Features
tactix Bravo combines specialized tactical functionality with smart features for fitness training and outdoor navigation. Tactical features include Jumpmaster activity, projected waypoints and dual-format position format GPS Coordinate Data Page that supports MGRS, Degrees Minutes Seconds and more.
Altimeter, Barometer, Compass
tactix Bravo watch is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant, real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
Navigate Your Way
tactix Bravo watch provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten path.TracBack feature navigates you back to your starting point the same way you came. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
Smart notifications let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. tactix Bravo receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone and lets you know you have a message by displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
Serious Style That Stands Up to the Roughest Conditions
tactix Bravo comes with interchangeable 3-ring nylon straps, including black and olive drab. The watch features a protective stainless steel bezel and buttons, and reinforced housing for extra durability. A sunlight-visible, high-resolution color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light. User-activated 'night vision mode' reduces backlight settings to a level that doesn't interfere with the operation of night vision goggles. tactix Bravo watch is water-rated to 100 meters and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode, 20 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 weeks in smartwatch mode (all depending on settings).
tactix Bravo multifunction training GPS watch combines specialized tactical functionality with smart features for fitness training, activity tracking and outdoor navigation, all in a stylish everyday watch. tactix Bravo features an all-black, rugged and durable design that is built for the tactical environment, and dual-mode operation optimizes the sunlight-readable display for daily use or night vision goggle compatibility. Anti-reflective, knurled black diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated stainless steel EXO antenna increases abrasion and corrosion resistance while providing dual GPS and GLONASS reception even in challenging environments. And with black PVD-coated stainless steel buttons, including a knurled start/stop button, decorative rear case plate and screws, tactix Bravo GPS watch makes a statement both on and off a mission.
Top customer reviews
Update: - Had it for several months now. Took it up Mt. Kilimanjaro and during several two week long foot patrols. Happy to say still five stars! Couple additional comments:
1) Battery life is taking some getting used to. There are clearly ways to increase the length of the battery life but I still can't figure out what apps you can use without eating up the battery (GPS obviously). Its lasted me two weeks if I pretty much stick to normal watch functions and don't have too many notifications going to it. Lasts two days if I am heavily using the features and the GPS. In the cold and altitude of Kili it lasted ~47 hours of which 14-16 involved using the GPS on its lowest setting.
2) Features. I'm working through more of the features but the customization is what's really exciting these days. Generally, the sports one all seem to be very well designed, intuitive to use and provide the right functionality. I've started writing my own app and using some of the other cool ones on Garmin connect too. I think use these more than the standard ones now. You need to be somewhat technically savy to use some of the more featured ones but generally they're pretty accessible to a wide audience.
3) Watch straps. One of the watch strips fit perfectly with no rough edges. The other needed to be broken-in over the course of two weeks of continuous wear. Both are very durable, show NO signs of wear even after several months. Frankly, the NATO straps are also very in right now. The olive drab in particular.
4) Watch faces. The standard two watch faces it comes with are a little boring to be honest. The ones you can get through Garmin connect are way better. I've got several that I rotate through that people both in and out of my unit like. However, the standard ones are by far the most battery efficient. When I'm out on patrol, I switch backs to those and I noticed a significant increase in battery life.
5) Performance/Responsiveness. Overall the Tactix Bravo has exceed my expectations. The only area I wish it did a little better was its speed when using some of the more complicated apps and GPS-based apps. Overall, there's a little delay, short but noticeable (1-3 seconds tops). I would dock it a star if other smart watch didn't likewise have these problems too. I think this is likely a trade-off with battery life and I would definitely not give-up any battery life for a faster performance.
I very rarely write long reviews but if you're like me, $600 is a lot of money and you want to be very sure you'll like it. If it helps, I recommend this watch without hesitation. The Fenix 3 is basically the same but I really like the look and feel of the Tactix Bravo over the Fenix 3. I might also be biased as I'm also a military man and the ability to see the watch with night vision seemed like a must (still haven't had to actually do that yet though) :)
Most recent customer reviews
The bezel coating started coming off from normal wear
I called garmin
They asked for photos
Then sent me an email said that is...Read more