YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now NYNN

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$79.99+ Free shipping

Showing 11-20 of 288 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on April 12, 2014
This was a hard to find item since it was discontinued by the manufacturer. It connected to Traffic info the first time it entered a major metropolitan area. The sellers delivery speed was unbelievable. I ordered it one day and Fed Ex delivered the next morning and I didn't order expedited service. Good product. Good price. Super fast delivery. What more can you ask for?
on August 9, 2011
After talking with a tech at Garmin, he said the GTM 25 was the same unit as the GTM 35 jus a bit of a difference in the plug according to him. It was a lot cheaper to buy the older model vs the newer. I am pleased with this purchase. Saved me $70.
on January 12, 2012
I Bought this to replace my original cable with traffic, since I suspected it had went bad. This cable worked perfectly on my Nuvi 255WT. The old cable was causing the device to lose power about twenty times a mile, even though there was nothing visibly wrong with the original cable. For the cost of this cable, I now no longer have to replace the GPS, and repurchase a lifetime map membership for a new device.
on February 21, 2011
Im a service tech that had one of these come with my garmin. The original had plastic clips to secure the plug in the cigarette lighter and broke off about 4 months after buying it. The original price of this is 119$ and you can go buy a brand new unit for 129$ so I didn't see the point. Its been a few months now and the prices have been cut in half. I will recommend after getting this, if u have the lifetime warranty with garmin, check the navteq website for location of use. When I installed it, nothing happened, I was thinking it was broken, but the case was, I was out of area of service. Once I drove into coverage area it popped on and everything was fine. This is a much better gtm 25 then garmin first produced. It has metal clips for support that wont break from pulling it out of the cigarette lighter everytime you disconnect it.
on May 1, 2010
The installation was very easy. Replace the cable between the cars' 12 outlet (AKA cigarette lighter) and the Garmin with the supplied cable.

The enclosed quick start guide tells you this, anything else you have to go back to your original manual for. You can use the traffic adapter without reading the book but you will be happier if you take the time to read the manual that came with your Garmin GPS.

The traffic adapter is only as good as the data supplied. You don't get traffic data everywhere and some of what you get is wrong. In Atlanta it showed me the road I was on marked in yellow and little road construction signs on it. Looking out the window I didn't see anything. A few miles later it told me to get off the Interstate. Up ahead I could see the traffic backed up. It redirected me back to the interstate after the problem.

Around my home in Chicago it has ignored some traffic backups and caught some.

Now that I've taken the time to read the manual I think I will enjoy it even more.
on March 31, 2014
I accidentally snapped off the metal connector to my old receiver. I'm glad I checked Amazon because I saved almost 60% off of Garmin's website price. I plugged the product in and it worked perfectly. The traffic has been spot on and I've never had any issues with the product. I highly recommend the GTM 25 if you've lost or broken your old one.
on September 20, 2016
My Garmin GPS used to boot up, display "low battery", then shut-off, and then boot up again. (and again, and again!)
This plug-in replacement fixed it all. The problem was a poor plug-in receiver. (yes, I've heard about the broken solder joints, but that was't the case here. If your plug seems solid, and your plug pins look straight, check out getting a new power cord plug-in like this type. It worked for me.
on October 2, 2012
I purchased the Garmin GTM 25 from Amazon and it worked just fine...until the provider shut of the system: that was the definition of "lifetime traffic and maps" for this item. A couple of months ago I had to buy a new subscription from Garmin to retrieve maps and traffic for the future. Clearly, the manner in which it was advertised did not, distinctly did not live up to the English language used to describe it; and the cost of the new subscription came within about $25-30 of what I had spent to buy the Garmin GTM 25. Do I feel good about this? No. But I found myself in the position of having to spend those dollars in order to be able to enjoy the capacities and potentials of the GPS we use.
on March 23, 2015
Last summer in Las Vegas, the original GTM-25 cord shorted out and vapor locked my GPS unit. Thinking that it may be time to upgrade units, I started my search. Seeing the prices and what features I would get, the replacement Traffic Receiver unit was my next best alternative.

My Nüvi 1490T came with the GTM-25 cable. That unit was purchased at Costco in 2010. After years of service, the cable give out. Ordered this unit. What I received was a GTM-36 cable. Concerned, poked around to see if this unit was compatible with traffic reception in the USA. Long story short - Yes it is.

Others have complained that traffic alerts stopped coming up when using this replacement cable. I have not experienced this problem in Las Vegas (home), Phoenix, AZ or LA, CA. Driving through these areas, traffic worked the same as on my old GTM-25 cable.

The cable is an actual Garmin cable. It is not a generic knockoff like you may think.

If your Garmin unit is giving you power/traffic issues, this cable just may be the best alternative short of replacing a perfectly good working Garmin Nüvi unit.
on October 4, 2013
Since this product has been discontinued, getting from Garmin would have cost me the equivalent of a new GPS. I purchased this as listed at Amazon and product came early, problem free and function as advertised. My traffic receiver works well and has gotten me out of some serious delays in and around the NYC area.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.