Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmin USB Charging Clip for Forerunner
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Color: 405 & 405CX|Change

on September 7, 2013
I've had 2 chargers have one of the pins get pushed down so that it doesn't make contact with the watch and charge. I bought a replacement and it has done it again.

I take pretty good care of my things and don't hulk smash the clip onto the watch.

Now that it has happened again, I don't want to keep buying more - and I don't have to with this hack:

Put a tiny bit a tinfoil between the pin and the connection on the watch. I have a little concave piece that I put in the watch "hole". Annoying? Slightly because this product should just work. Less than $13 over and over again? Yes.
55 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2012
The charging clip arrived quickly and was packaged well, so I had no problems with the seller. The Garmin charging clip, however, leaves a little to be desired. This is my second one to go with my 405CX - the first one broke (plastic near the spring broke at the hinge) just from being packed in my briefcase or luggage repeatedly. This is the type of item you're going to keep with you - in a briefcase, backpack, fanny pack, luggage, Camelbak, etc., in order to have it ready whenever you need a charge. I'm going to be starting to do ultras soon, so my clip will go with me in my Camelbak with a portable USB charger. The clip needs to survive all that stuff, and not just for 2 years, which is how long I had the first one. Garmin really needs to beef up the construction if they are going to continue to cater to athletes! I expect items like this to last, but by the time I go through a few of these charging clips, I could have nearly had another 405CX! Seeing as how this item is my only option for charging my watch, if I stay with Garmin products, I'm kind of stuck. But if this clip breaks, I'm seriously going to consider switching to somebody elses GPS watch!

Get with it Garmin, if you want to keep me as a customer!
on December 4, 2013
Its a charger for my watch so there is nothing to get real excited about. This a the exact replacement that my watch originally came with. Obviously the day this arrived I found my "lost" one.
on March 18, 2016
Though this item came up as the first choice when I searched for 235 charger and nothing in the description says it's not for the 235. It is not for the 235. With such a different pin design you would think someplace they would show the internal configuration of mention it does not work on 235.
on July 19, 2016
Unfortunately, after four years in storage, I found my garmin--but not the charger. Ugh. I was just starting to get back into running, and didn't want to be tied to a phone app using GPS/data for my workouts. I really wanted my Garmin 405 to run with me again, so I ordered this charger. I was pleased that it was relatively inexpensive, available (especially since my garmin model is ancient in the world of wearable tech), and seems just as durable as the original charger. Just clip it on, plug it in, and wait an hour for the charge to be complete!

Shortly after I received this charger and began using it, Murphy's law struck and I found my original charger. Whoops. At least I have a backup now.
on February 18, 2013
This Garmin charger charges my Garmin 410 watch. It does not cook you breakfast. Nor will it wash your car. You will need to buy other Amazon products for breakfast cooking and car washing. For Garmin 410 charging this is a fantastic charger that plugs into a USB port, not an electric socket.
on March 4, 2014
Let me start by saying it works as designed . Th eonly reason I did not give it 5 stars is becuase I miss the old one, that just plugged into a standard wall outlet. I dont like having a USB as my only option. If I'm on the road, I want to plug it in my hotel room, and I dont always have my computer with me.
on November 29, 2014
I'm forgetful and managed to lose my charging clip that came with my 310XT. I ordered this replacement and am pleased that it works just like the original one I have (that I found the next day... go figure).
on July 25, 2016
Not too much to say, except that it works well so far. I needed a second for recharge at work. Everything seems to have a USB power port these days, so I really did not need yet another wall wart (this model does not come with one).
on August 19, 2015
I hate only having 1 charging cable for anything I use, because no matter where I leave it, I always need it somewhere else lol. I keep 1 at home and leave the other one at my office so I can always charge the watch and upload my data whenever I need.