Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 437 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 446 reviews
on January 12, 2012
I've read some of the other reviews of this case and can't figure out why anyone would order this and then say it doesn't have space for any of the accessories. Look at the picture of the case. You can clearly see that this case is for one thing....to protect the GPS from getting scratched. I bought this for the Garmin 1450. This GPS fits perfect and is easy to put in and take out. The leather seems like a good quality and the lining is a soft gray material. There is no padding in my opinion on either side. This case does protect your GPS when not in its clip on your window. I store my GPS in the center storage unit of my Avalanche and so it protects just fine. If you want a case that holds all the stuff that came with your GPS then don't order this case and then give it a bad rating. Order a camera bag if you want to hold all the accessories or I've seen a couple of GPS cases that hold a few accessories. This just isn't the case you should order and then give it a bad rating. You can go to your local Best Buy and look at it first. You will come back to order from Amazon because the price is better.
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2016
I am glad that I paid a little bit extra to get this case. I’m not sure if it is real or fake leather, but it feels nice and supple. The inside lining is a soft, light-gray material that resembles felt. The case holds my Nuvi 2597 LMT perfectly, but there is not room for any accessories. The case is not a shiny black leather, but more of a matte black (see my photos). The stitching around the outside of the case is a light gray thread. The GARMIN logo is embossed in a subtle gray-blue color. The sides of the case are elastic to expand for different size GPS units. The product packaging says that it’s for, “nuvi 3500 series, 1400 series, 50, nuLink 1695” and “Fits most GPS navigatiors with a 5-inch display”.

Interior case dimensions… The case sides expand to about 3/4-inch deep at the bottom and 1-inch deep at the top of the case. The case width is about 5.75-inches across. The interior case height is about 3.50 to 3.75-inch high. The case closes with Velcro and with my GPS unit in the case and the front flap in the closed position, the exterior case depth is about 1.25-inches.
review image review image
on April 4, 2015
I bought a high-end Garmin GPS (nuvi 5597LMTHD) and wanted some kind of pouch/bag for it to protect the high-res screen from damage.

After considering many soft cases which accommodate the GPS and all the accessories, I decide to get this slim case so that I can keep the GPS in my backpack, separate from all other clutter which can be left in the car. It is made of good quality leather, true to the reputation of Garmin Products !!!

The case is perfect for any 5 inch GPS, Garmin or otherwise. 5" GPS fits very easily in this case. I doubt is a 6inch will fit so if you are looking for one for 6" GPs, do not buy this. For a 5" GPS, it keeps it protected and the sides have some kind of elastic, therfore, the thickness/breadth of the GPS should not be a problem.

Many people have commented/complained that it doesn't have space for the accessories like charging cord and suction cup. Therefore, I decided to include a couple of pictures of the case os that it becomes easier for the people to see the case and decide to buy it or not depending on their needs/requirements !!! This case is to keep your GPS safe and prevent any scratches when you keep in in the glove box of the car or in your bag.

IF YOU HAVE AN EXPENSIVE GPS (5"), YOU OUGHT TO HAVE THIS CASE !!!!!!
review image review image
on November 2, 2011
I bought this to protect my Garmin nüvi 2555LMT 5" GPS, & it fits perfectly. I don't need it to have extra storage space, because I store it in a small carrying shoulder bag along with the car power cord, stand, bean bag, & other related stuff. It has somewhat better protection than my old Garmin case, because his one has a fold-over closing top, whereas the last one was open on one side. It's sturdy & well made, nice looking, & worth the price to protect the screen from scratches or other damage. It also provides a bit of protection if the Garmin is dropped.
on February 22, 2017
My out-dated Garmin fit into a sleek leather case that was just perfect. I finally bought a Garmin with all the bells & whistles along with this case. It's not a bad case, but it's a tight fit and I basically can't use it anyway because I have such an impossible time putting on & taking off the gadget on the back of the Nuvi that fits on the vent of the car. I'm sure the leather of the case will stretch out over time to fit, but since I have to keep the frustrating thing on the back of the Nuvi, it has to stay out of the case.
on December 13, 2014
I bought this case in 2012 and loved it. It was made strong and sturdy to protect your Garmin. I lost the case and so just reordered it. Garmin really reduced the quality of the case since my one from 2012. The new version I just received is not as sturdy as the older version and the material on the outside "pleather" is much cheaper and not as thick and nice as the older version. Instead of the cover being more stiff to protect the unit, it is more flimsy and can bent and doesn't protect the top of the unit as well as it is a soft covering over the unit versus harder. Disappointed that they reduced the quality of the case. Much cheaper look and feel whereas the older version was more quality.
on February 7, 2016
You're out on the road and get out of your car for dinner, business, or both.
Do you grab your screen AND all your cables, mounts and user manuals? Or just the screen?
If you're like me you take 3 seconds to pop the screen and slide it into your coat pocket.
Then, at the end of dinner, you are horrified that that's the same pocket where you put your keys.

There are several cases out there that can do the job of "nothin' but the screen" in the smallest possible wallet.
I simply wanted one that was branded.
If you want to store the screen plus cables/mounts/manuals, well, that's why you saved the original box.
on February 3, 2017
Excellent, simple design. This is my second case of the same design that I had before, which I had lost during a trip. The case will outlast the GPS unit.
on March 11, 2013
I originally ordered the Navitech Black Premium 4.3 " Eva Hard Case Cover in order to store all the items of my Garmin Nuvi 50LM together, but I found that it was too tight to quickly fit all items plus you would have to keep removing the mount plate from the suction cup. So I decided to get a case that was just big enough for the GPS so it is easier to store in car compartments. I really like this case. The inside is soft and will protect screen from scratches. The case front and back are stiff and will offer good protection from pressure. It is very easy to get the GPS in and out of the case and it does not add much to the overall size. You can't tell from the photo, but the sides are elastic and don't go all the way to the top of the GPS. This make it easier to grasp the GSP when removing. The leather is very stylish (my wife said she could use it for a clutch wallet if it were not for the Garmin label). The clasping mechanism is very strong velcro which seems like it should hold up pretty well. I saw the TomTom equivalent case in Best Buy and its clasp is magnetic which would worry me with the hard drive of the GPS. I feel that the case would help if the GPS were dropped and would offer very good protection when storing it in a glove compartment.
on May 13, 2013
This is the perfect case. There is enough cushioning to protect the GPS from most falls and it fits nicely in a woman's purse. My Garmin 2597 fits nice and snug, not too tight, not too loose.

The only downer is that you can't fit any of your accessories inside this case. But you already know that if you read the product description or even applied a little common sense when looking at the photos.

The Garmin branding is an added plus.