Garmin index Smart Scale - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- IN-DEPTH METRICS - Garmin Index measures metrics that matter such as weight (lb, kg, st), BMI, body fat and water percentage, and skeletal muscle mass and bone mass.
- USER-FRIENDLY SETUP - Quick and easy setup using your smartphone, WPS-enabled Wi-Fi router or a Garmin USB ANT Stick (sold separately).
- SMARTLY CONNECTED- Step on the scale and Garmin Index is able to recognize the specific user and automatically upload data via Wi-Fi to that user's Garmin Connect account.
- EXTRA LARGE, NIGHT READABLE DISPLAY - Garmin Index smart scale displays bright, extra-large numbers against a black background, allowing easy visibility.
- MULTIPLE USERS - Up to 16 people can be recognized by the smart scale and have their body composition metrics automatically uploaded via Wi-Fi directly to their own Garmin Connect accounts. Please refer the User Manual before use.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Whether you’re an athlete in training or just trying to maintain a healthy weight, Garmin Index smart scale provides the metrics you need to track progress and see results. It measures weight (lbs, kg, st), body mass index (BMI), body fat/water percentage, bone mass and skeletal muscle mass.
Index Smart Scale
Smart Scale with Connected Features.
- Wi-Fi connected
- Measures weight, body mass index, body fat, skeletal muscle mass and more
- Recognizes up to 16 users
- Up to 9 months of battery life
- Bright, extra large numbers against a black background, allowing easy visibility
Metrics that Matter
Step up to a healthier you with Garmin Index smart scale, the connected scale with metrics that matter. Measures weight, body mass index (BMI), body fat and water percentage, and muscle mass and bone mass. Garmin Index is Wi-Fi connected, allowing you to wirelessly sync your data to our free Garmin Connect online fitness community. At GarminConnect.com or in the Garmin Connect Mobile app, you can see your data in more detail and review your progress against your goals. Up to 16 people can be recognized by Garmin Index and have their body composition metrics automatically uploaded directly to their own Garmin Connect accounts.
Full Circle of Wellness and Weight Management
Garmin offers a variety of wearables to fit your activity level and your preferred sport. Now, Garmin Index smart scale gives you a way to see the results of your active efforts and review those stats on Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community.
Garmin Index is Wi-Fi connected, allowing you to wirelessly sync your data to Garmin Connect. From your computer or on your compatible mobile device, Garmin Connect lets you see your data in more detail and review your progress against your goals. Up to 16 people can be recognized by the smart scale and have their body composition metrics automatically uploaded directly to their own Garmin Connect accounts.
Step up to a healthier you with Garmin Index smart scale, the connected1 scale with metrics that matter. Measures weight, body mass index (BMI), body fat and water percentage, and muscle mass and bone mass. Garmin Index is Wi-Fi connected, allowing you to wirelessly sync your data to our free Garmin Connect online fitness community. At GarminConnect.com or in the Garmin Connect Mobile app, you can see your data in more detail and review your progress against your goals. Up to 16 people can be recognized by Garmin Index and have their body composition metrics automatically uploaded directly to their own Garmin Connect accounts.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First off, the main reason I purchased this scale was to have an automated log of my weight, BMI, hydration levels, etc. I like the idea of having all of my information integrated on Garmin Connect, right beside my workout information. And having the "Connect" app on my phone was an added bonus.
Here are a few of the problems:
(1) Garmin only stores one weight measurement per day. If you weigh yourself in the afternoon, any measurements from the morning are overwritten. This is problematic for athletes who want a morning baseline and also use the scale to evaluate post-workout hydration needs. For a scale at this price point, I expect to have all of my measurements readily available, along with basic stats (e.g., min, max, mean).
(2) The information on the web (i.e., Garmin Connect) is not the same as on the Connect app. The Connect app actually has more functionality than the web interface. The web only displays a weight trend line -- not BMI, hydration %, muscle mass, or bone mass. The Connect app displays trends for all of the aforementioned metrics; but again, only for the last measurement made on a given day.
I've given this scale a three star review. Should Garmin resolve these issues, I'll be more than happy to bump it up to 4 stars. Five if they add a filtering function to isolate measurements from a certain time of day (e.g., only plot measurements taken between 7 and 8 am). Based on my positive experience with other Garmin products, I am optimistic that the software will improve soon!
On Jan 13th, there was an update to Garmin Connect app that has for whatever reason stopped the scale from recording any metrics besides weight. When you step on the scale, you get all the readings per usual (so you could write them down if you wanted to keep them but not having to keep your own records is kind of the point), but then if you go into Garmin Connect, you can't look at anything other than weight. It's a well-documented bug on Garmin Forums with other people documenting the same issues but as of Feb 1 there hasn't been a fix released, which makes for several weeks without any data besides weight.
I was using the metrics from this scale to modify my diet and exercise to see how my body composition was affected; when I upped my protein intake and started strength training more, I could look at Garmin and see the moment where my muscle mass started to increase. It reinforced my behavior and I could see that certain days affected me more than others. For the past few weeks I've ramped up my workouts and have been eating well and all I can see on Garmin Connect is that my weight is the same; the point of this scale was that if my weight was consistent at least I could look and see that my body fat had decreased or I'd gained muscle. Now I have a 150 dollar scale that gives me data that I could get from a 10 dollar scale. If the bug is fixed then it's a different story, but as of now there hasn't been even an acknowledgement that this bug exists aside from the user generated forums on Garmin's website so who knows where this bug is in on their roadmap to get fixed. It could be fixed today or it could be months (or never). Who knows. Bugs happen with software development and I'm not knocking Garmin for it having happened, but for something like this that removes the functionality that made you buy this product to persist for 3 weeks without a peep from Garmin? Not impressed.
Asked for a replacement. Also I had no issues setting up the second one, and I could actually see what was on the display.
Both units seemed to send data to Garmin Connect. So I decided to compare them: I weighted myself on both with 2mins apart, most the metrics (fat %, water, bone, muscle) were identical on both - with the exception of the weight, which was really about 0.1% difference. I also weighted myself a few time on the same scale, and saw +- 0.1% difference within the same scale. Acceptable to me.
Yes, only one measurement per day.
And I haven't had a chance to connect to MyFitnessPal yet. But will update once I do that.
Overall I like it, but concerned on quality.
Garmin customer service is by far the best I've ever dealt with. Had a new scale out to me quickly and I'm very happy with the process!!