Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Color: One Color|Size: One Size|Change

Showing 1-10 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 282 reviews
on November 10, 2015
First off the product description currently says these mounts are for 1-inch handlebars, but the packages I received had 2 different sizes of bands included for each mount, the smaller pair for 1-inch bars, the larger pair for oversize 1-1/8-inch bars. Between the various bikes in my stable I've used both sizes with the same results as noted below.

As far as function goes, these mounts are easy to install, and function pretty well. Until you take into account, as other reviewers have noted, the included mounting rubber bands start breaking quickly. Luckily I noticed this before I ended up losing my GPS (Garmin Edge 200), as one band can break and the mount will stay on the bike (the mount uses 2 bands), and if the second band breaks while riding, you'll have a lost GPS if you're not careful. And a broken band is easy to overlook if you've got the mount strapped to a black surface like on your bar tape...

Funny thing is, the 2 mounts that originally came included with my GPS are still working perfectly w/no signs of wear on the rubber bands they came with. They've even been moved around to several other bikes with no problems (I have 10+ bikes in my stable, the reason I need so many GPS mounts). So taking into account my original mounts are still going strong after 3 years use, and these recently-purchased bands are ALL broken now rendering these extra mounts useless, I'd strongly doubt these are genuine.
on August 11, 2016
Less than 4 rides on these and the bands are cracking, and one is fully broken. It is such a poor design and frustrating - my bars will not accommodate the other mount, so I'm forced to work with these on my stem. Not worth the money. Stay away.
review image review image
on July 27, 2015
The Bands break very easily. I bought this in order to mount my Garmin Edge on my 2nd bike. My primary bike has the original bands still in tact from over a year ago. On this second set that I bought, one of the bands broke during installation. There was extra bands so it was not a big deal. Replaced it. The replacement band broke in less than a week. I am about to use the last extra band. Lets see how it holds up.
on August 31, 2014
I purchased this mount as a cheap, quick mount for my Edge 500. Most other mounts that seemed more sturdy were really pricey, so going against my instincts, I decided to try this one. The only positive thing I can say about this product is that, although it does work well with the Edge devices, and although Garmin includes two mounts and plenty of rubber bands in various sizes for attaching, the rubber bands ARE NOT to be relied upon. Since the space on my handlebars is already crowded, I opted to place the mount around my stem. There are several large bands that reach, and it seemed secure at first, but one of them broke on my first ride with the setup. I tried again with an extra band - again, next ride, it broke. Next, I made room (awkwardly) on the bars thinking that maybe I was just stretching them too much around the stem. This lasted a week before they snapped again. I would go on a ride, then stash my bike in the garage as usual. After a day or two out in the heat of my garage, the bands seemed to have snapped on their own, which leads me to believe they are very susceptible to temperature change, or extreme heat or cold... and most bikes live in conditions such as this. So, in closing, I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of the bands used to attach the mount. They need to be made of quality materials that won't easily break under a variety of conditions. I ended up splurging on $40 K-Edge stem mount out of frustration with this one.
on July 9, 2014
The mount seems to have incorrect tolerances, so snapping on the Garmin is initially difficult and you have to force it a few times. The rubber gasket slips around even though it's molded to fit the back shape of the plastic, but that's due to the fact that it really doesn't have any way to secure into the plastic bit. The rubber bands are actually horrific, however. I just realized I bought this replacement mount set in March and 4 months later, I'm looking for another replacement. The original mount and rubber rings I purchased with my Garmin still work great, but I have more than one bike and I want to have more mounts. I literally had an O-ring break on my ride. Luckily, because the other O-ring was still in place (you need 2 to secure it around a handle bar), it didn't fall off my bike, but then I had to stuff the Garmin into my already full jersey pockets. They should sell this with a dozen O-rings if the material is so faulty.
on April 21, 2017
Fits my Garmin fine, but they are a little looser than the original. Not enough to be worried about losing the Garmin itself though.
on December 27, 2012
What can I say, it is an OEM replacement/spare and does exactly what it is supposed to do. I just really wish they made taller versions because I really like to mount it on the stem for a nice clean look. But my mountain bikes have shorter stems and taller steerer tubes, so there isn't enough room between the stove-piped steerer tube and the handle bar to have the mount flush against the stem. And the Garmin gets pushed up by the stovepipe when it is mounted and pulls the mount away from the stem. If they just made a version that was a couple mm taller this would be a non issue (unless you had a really long stovepipe going on!). I know I could just cut my steerer tube so the top cap is flush with the stem, but I'm hesitant to do that incase I move the fork to another bike later and need that steerer tube length. But I actually did cut my steerer tube a few mm shorter so I could still mount it on the stem instead of the handlebar!
on April 12, 2017
Exactly what I needed when I added aero bars with a Tri water bottle and needed a 2nd place to mount my Garmin.
on January 6, 2016
I needed a couple of extra mounts for the rest of the bikes in the stable. Although the out front mount looks cool, I'm afraid of damaging the GPS should I crash. This is a two pack of OEM Garmin mounts. Really happy to have them.
on June 18, 2017
Good for handlebars. Suggested improvement...a pad to absorb shock so I don't have to make my own