- Size (LWH): 0.42 inches, 0.83 inches, 0.42 inches
- Weight: 0.96 ounces
Garmin vívofit Fitness Band - Blue Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Pairs with heart rate monitor chest strap for fitness activities (chest strap included in bundle package).
- Move Bar - Motivates you to be active throughout the day by displaying a red move bar after one hour of inactivity. Additional segments light up for every 15 minutes of inactivity. Just walk for a couple of minutes to reset.
- Long battery life - Stays on for more than a year without having to change the battery. Easy-to-read display - View the time of day and your stats right on your wrist.
- Achieve your goals - Vivofit learns your activity level and assigns a personalized goal each morning. Count calories - Records calories burned throughout the day including base metabolic rate.
- Monitor your sleep - Set the sleep mode when you go to bed to track the quality of your rest.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Fitness Band That Moves at the Pace of Your Life
- Learns your activity level and assigns a personalized daily goal
- Displays steps, calories, distance; monitors sleep
- Pairs with heart rate monitor¹ for fitness activities
- 1+ year battery life; water-resistant²
- Save, plan and share progress at Garmin Connect™
You already know the active steps you take now can improve your overall wellness today, tomorrow and well into your future. And while it seems simple to get out of that chair more often and move, making it stick is another matter. That’s where vívofit can turn good intentions into lifelong habits. It’s the only fitness band that greets you with a personalized daily goal, tracks your progress and reminds you when it’s time to move.
Personalized Daily Goals
vívofit learns your current activity level, then assigns an attainable daily goal. As you meet your milestones, vívofit will adjust your goal for the next day, gradually nudging you toward a healthier lifestyle. At Garmin Connect™, our free online fitness community, you can earn virtual badges and view your progress.
Tells Time and "Time to Move"
Research shows prolonged periods of inactivity such as sitting at a desk decreases your body’s production of fat-burning enzymes. You can reverse that effect by taking frequent, short walk breaks throughout your day. And while you might lose track of time and forget to move, vívofit knows. A red move bar appears on the display after 1 hour of inactivity and builds when you’ve been sitting too long. Just walk for a couple of minutes to reset the move bar.
When you’re ready to take the next steps toward better health, vívofit has additional features to keep you motivated. Use a heart rate monitor¹ with vívofit to record your heart rate and zone data and get more accurate calorie burn information for any fitness activity, such as a run or a cardio class at the gym. At Garmin Connect, you can join online challenges with other vívofit users or start your own competition with friends to compete for virtual badges and bragging rights.
vívofit follows your progress 24/7, and it can stay on for more than a year without a battery change. Set the sleep mode when you go to bed and vívofit will monitor your rest. At Garmin Connect, you can see your total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep. The vívofit band is water-resistant², so you can shower or get caught in the rain, worry-free.
With the touch of one button, you can wirelessly sync vívofit with Garmin Connect to see a complete picture of your progress, join online challenges and earn virtual badges for extra motivation. You can access our free online community from your computer or on your compatible mobile device³ with the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app.
¹Included with some models, sold separately on others.
²Water-resistant (50 meters).
³Includes Bluetooth® Smart Ready phones; contact your provider to verify if your phone is compatible. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Top Customer Reviews
Having researched other options, I decided to go with the Garmin and so far, it is an improvement.
The Garmin uses a battery which is supposed to last a year before conking out. I've only had my Garmin for a month and like a Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. It is waterproof, so I can wear it in the shower or get it sweaty on a hot day and it's none the worse for wear. Unlike the Fitbit, it also displays the time, steps taken, miles, calories burned, and steps remaining toward my daily goal without having to sync it.
Garmin does have a sync app both for laptop and phone, and while not quite as intuitive as Fitbit's, it meets my needs. The only thing the phone app lacks is a built-in GPS to more accurately track my walk. That surprised me, since Garmin is a leader in GPS technology. I do use the MapMyWalk app on my phone and it does say that I've walked further than what the Garmin tells me, but the difference is usually only half a mile or so - much better that Fitbit.
Like Fitbit, Garmin offers changeable bracelets, so I can color-coordinate, and the initial unit comes with two bracelet sizes, as does Fitbit. Garmin, however is more generous with the clasps, with one for each bracelet. Fitbit gives you one clasp only. If you get the 3-pack of Fitbit replaceable bracelets, you still only get one clasp. Garmin's 3-pack has 3 clasps.
Some reviewers have complained that eventually the Garmin bracelet becomes unclasped and can fall off. So does Fitbit's. Garmin must be aware of this problem because I recently received an e-mail offering me a free band to slide over the clasp to keep it stable. You can also order a pack of multi-colored stabilizing bands which I did.
The Garmin is available with or without a heart-rate band, which is worn around the chest, under your clothes. I got the band because I thought it would be useful in more accurately measuring my level of activity, but if I'm just doing my regular walk, I tend not to use it.
Neither Fitbit nor Garmin come with much in the way of instructions. but once you install their dashboards, you can find the information online.
Because Garmin displays more information without syncing, it is somewhat bulkier than Fitbit, but you don't have to wear a separate watch.
Neither device is going to be 100% accurate, but in general, Garmin beats out Fitbit in my opinion. I am happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Electronics > GPS & Navigation
- Health & Household > Medical Supplies & Equipment > Health Monitors
- Health & Household > Wellness & Relaxation > Fitness & Activity Monitors > Activity Trackers
- Sports & Outdoors > Sports & Fitness > Accessories > Wristbands
- Sports & Outdoors > Sports & Fitness > Exercise & Fitness > Fitness Technology > Fitness Trackers
- Sports & Outdoors > Sports & Fitness > Exercise & Fitness > Fitness Technology > Pedometers