Garmin vívofit Fitness Band - Red
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Pairs with heart rate monitor chest strap for fitness activities (chest strap included in bundle package).
- Move Bar - Motivates you to be active throughout the day by displaying a red move bar after one hour of inactivity. Additional segments light up for every 15 minutes of inactivity. Just walk for a couple of minutes to reset.
- Long battery life - Stays on for more than a year without having to change the battery. Easy-to-read display - View the time of day and your stats right on your wrist.
- Achieve your goals - Vivofit learns your activity level and assigns a personalized goal each morning. Count calories - Records calories burned throughout the day including base metabolic rate.
- Monitor your sleep - Set the sleep mode when you go to bed to track the quality of your rest.
- Note: Your mobile device must support Bluetooth Smart in order to pair with your vívofit device and synchronize data. The following phones have been tested by Garmin and deemed compatible to work with our Bluetooth Smart devices:
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
The activity tracker that moves at the pace of your life
- Learns your activity level and assigns a personalised daily goal.
- Displays steps, calories, distance and monitors sleep.
- Pairs with heart rate monitor¹ for fitness activities.
- 1 year plus battery life; water resistant².
- Save, plan and share your progress at Garmin Connect.
¹Included with some models, sold separately on others.
²Water resistant up to 50 meters.
vívofit follows your progress 24/7, and it can stay on for more than a year without a battery change. Set the sleep mode when you go to bed and vívofit will monitor your rest. At Garmin Connect, you can see your total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep. The vívofit band is water-resistant², so you can shower or get caught in the rain, worry-free.
Compare to similar items
This item Garmin vívofit Fitness Band - Red
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Pro Ebiz||Firemall LLC||PrimeDeal||TELEVOIP SECURE SYSTEM||GPS City|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Display Type||segmented LCD||LCD||Segmented LCD||205 x 148 pixels, Touch Display||160 x 68 pixels, Touch Display||—|
|Item Dimensions||0.83 x 0.42 x 0.42 in||0.83 x 0.42 x 0.42 in||0.83 x 8.3 x 0.42 in||0.83 x 2.5 x 0.48 in||0.83 x 2.5 x 0.48 in||—|
|Item Weight||0.9 ounces||0.96 ounces||0.96 ounces||1.12 ounces||1.12 ounces||—|
|Sport Type||Basketball, Bowling, Camping_&_Hiking, Cheerleading, Climbing, Cricket, Dance, Exercise_&_Fitness, Field_Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Outdoor_Lifestyle, Running, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track_&_Field, Triathlon, Yoga||Exercise_&_Fitness, Bowling, Camping_&_Hiking, Cheerleading, Climbing, Cricket, Dance, Field_Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Outdoor_Lifestyle, Running, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track_&_Field, Triathlon, Yoga||Outdoor Lifestyle||runnning, swimming, golf, activity tracking||—||running, swimming, cycling|
|Style Name||Without Heart Rate Monitor||Base Model||Base Model||Refurbished||Base Model||Vivofit 3|
Make every step count with vívofit. It’s the only fitness band that greets you with a personalized daily goal, tracks your progress and reminds you when it’s time to move. vívofit shows your steps, goal countdown, calories, distance and time of day on its easy-to-read display. It also monitors your sleep stats for later review online. Pair it with a heart rate monitor1 for heart rate data during fitness activities. vívofit is water resistant2 and has a 1+ year battery life. It features wireless sync to Garmin Connect, a free online community where you can join fitness challenges and save, plan and share your progress
Top customer reviews
1) Keep accurate tracking of movement. Shes walked around, counting steps, jogging, running, standing/walking, seems to do a pretty remarkably good job. We have also not noticed it doesn't seem to erroneously count movements that are not really walking (i.e. moving around on the couch).
2) Visually looks appealing and not all that noticeable. Looks like a slim watch. Some of the models out there really have a lot of 'bulk' to them.
3) Easy to configure and use. My wife is decent with a computer and electronics, but doesn't (and hasn't asked for) any help from me. She synced it up with the bluetooth dongle to her laptop, configured it, and didn't seem to take long. Pretty important that it's easy to use!
4) We've noticed that it slowsly 'upgrades' your target steps. This motivates you over time to slowly increase your activity. Neat feature we didn't know about.
5) No skin irritation or burning - sounds weird - but read a good number of 1-star reviews on the FitBit - a lot of people complain about skin irritaion and burning. I was going to initially just get a fitbit and be done with it - but the first thing I do when looking at any product is to read the 1-star reviews. There were a really striking number of people complaining of being chemically burned and scarred by the fitbit - really made me look elsewhere.
6) price is right - much more inexpensive than the big brand names.
I cant say I have much at this point. Really a pretty solid unit. Will update if anything negative comes up.
She really enjoys watching her step count. She's into sports and fitness and this has encouraged her to become even more fit and active. On the days she has PE or after school practice, she is always amazed at how many more steps she has. She often shows us her step count at the end of the day. It's been an excellent tool for her to stay active and not sit in front of the tv or computer as much as she might have done otherwise.
The band is very sturdy, yet comfortable to wear. Trust me, she would refuse to wear it if it was uncomfortable! It stays on securely and has never come undone unintentionally. We purchased some fancy bands for it, so she would have more variety, but they weren't nearly as sturdy and reliable as the band that came with it. They either tore, or came loose and the Garmin popped out. She sticks to using this green band now, exclusively, because she doesn't want to lose her precious Garmin!
She knows about the calorie counter on it, but doesn't use it anymore, which is preferable, considering her age. At first she was amazed at how much activity it took to burn just a few calories, and I think that is an important lesson for all of us to learn, but I'm glad she never really focused on it. Instead, she mostly uses it as a watch and a step counter. I've seen her actually go outside in the back yard and run around just to meet her step goals. It's a perfect tool for her!