- File Size: 1999 KB
- Print Length: 295 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 17, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00SEGES5A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#329,440 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #590 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
- #1592 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Fantasy & Magic
- #1904 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
The Gatekeeper (The Gatekeeper Trilogy Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 295 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
|Grade Level: 7 - 12|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Stories like this about the hero stuck in another world are among my favorites. The D&D cartoon from the 80s, The Sleeping Dragon, and others unveil the challenge of learning to deal with a realm possessing unfamiliar physics, more sentient beings than just humans, and everyone looking at Terrans like they are idiots. Dealing with our world is hard enough. Getting thrown into something very different should break anyone. Relating to the protagonist, Gaige, was easy because I was the outsider kid struggling with parents and other kids not understanding.
The Gatekeeper started strong and kept up the pace. Gaige, Aoife, and Seanna were enjoyable. Foreshadowing of the twist was there but not too obvious where it would go. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
I gave up. I was so bored that I just couldn't finish. Despite tragically losing his dad, Gaige is not a very sympathetic character. He is boring and clueless. The book vaguely hints that Gaige's friends may be more than they seem, but there isn't enough there! This book reads like a skeleton- dead bones with no flesh.
The first part of the book goes on and on in detail about football. It made me crazy because- is this a sports story or a supernatural story? If the book isn't about football, I don't want to read about this much football. Clearly, the writer is a former highschool jock who wants to write about his glory days. Which is fine if he writes a sports story, but not in an urban fantasy novel.
I got the feeling that the "story" actually happens sometime AFTER chapter 10, but I am too burned out to get to it.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic > Paranormal, Occult & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban